[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster Hunter is dead.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 010.jpg (165 KB, 862x1049) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
165 KB, 862x1049
Monster Hunter is dead.
>>
You're getting your wires crossed, top is toukiden. A series whose second game sold so much like shit even if it was on PC that its third installment added a PS3 version as well. Sony's getting pretty desperate to fill in for MH and out of all the different clones they helped maked over the years (SS, FW, Toukiden) they chose the blandest one because it's a shameless clone, while the others tried to be unique.
>>
>>333492258
Toukiden isn't even a good clone, the combat is garbage.
>>
>>333492321
Exactly but it's the one Sony chose to continue advertising and helping tecmo koei with.
>>
>>333492321
>not a good mh clone
>the combat is garbage

Are you trying to be funny?
>>
>>333492537
No. Just factual. you fuckin fat nigger.
>>
Monster hunter is the arma of hunting games.
>>
>>333492709
MH combat is beyond terrible though
>>
>MUH graffix

There's a 99.99999% chance you are a sonydrone. Its quite literally the only thing you ever talk about.
>>
I can't think of anything worse than hunting games, MH included.
>>
The problem with every hunting game I've played that isn't MH is that none of the monsters feel real. It always feels like you're killing Video Game Enemy, whereas as ridiculous as some of the monhan boss designs are, it always feels like you're doing battle with a real animal that behaves like a real animal would when it's enraged, injured, threatened etc
>>
Why do MHdrones hate change so much? they don't want anything new in their games, they just want the same stale garbage every century
>>
>>333493163
I agree, I think this was also really upped in 4th gen with how they interacted with the environment.
>>
File: Threelittlepigs.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Threelittlepigs.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>333493163
I feel you, the only other case outside of MH where I've felt the monsters as living beings was in SSD with the three little pigs. They squabbled amongst themselves, easily get distracted by food, start running away like crazy, trampling shit in their path, and just had a lot of personality in general.
>>
>>333492321
I don't mind the combat late game but it's insanely boring until you get high level Mitamas and get your mixing and matching abilities running smoothly. The enemies are really boring though. I'm hoping for drastic improvements in the next one because otherwise they might as well localize lord of apocalypse and try to make another sequel to that. That sequel drastically improved it's gameplay.
>>
>>333493241

The last two games have both added huge changes to the mechanics that completely alter the way you hunt

As well as tons and tons of smaller additions. You'd know if you actually played the games.
>>
You know your game sucks when it doesn't even get a PC community around it.
>>
File: RagnarokOdyssey_ss01_thumb.jpg (66 KB, 554x316) Image search: [Google]
RagnarokOdyssey_ss01_thumb.jpg
66 KB, 554x316
I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey way more than Toukiden
>>
>call game MH clone
>criticize it for not being enough like MH
Comedy gold.
>>
I like both, Toukiden and Monster Hunter.
>Toukiden 2
>MHX
>GE2:RB
>GE:R
>all in the same year
>tfw you enjoy videogames
>>
>>333494405
Exactly what's wrong of a game being a "MH Clone"?
Toukiden totally is one, by the way, It also kinda suck for not going balls deep in either "pure clone" or "adds worthwhile twists to the formula" way.

It's also mind numbing easy, which is a cardinal sin to this type of game.
>>
>>333495227
Toukiden monsters can be classified as either a snore to fight or annoying and unfun to fight (screecher, just fuck the screecher)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.