[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big Boss did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 2731224-snake_binosgrin.png (374 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2731224-snake_binosgrin.png
374 KB, 640x360
Big Boss did nothing wrong
>>
neither did ur mum
>>
File: bigboss.jpg (44 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
bigboss.jpg
44 KB, 400x225
>>333487950
He didn't really do anything right either.
>>
He abandoned me. If it were truly him in V, it would've been a completely different game.
>>
>>333490880
This 10000x

As soon as I discovered that I wasn't playing as Big Boss, everything I did felt wrong.
> Saving all those men
> Beating the Sahelontropus
> All these epic shit that only Big Boss should be capable of.

When I'll 100% the game, I don't think I'll replay it anymore. Just because of this...

And I'm with Kaz on this one. Big Boss can go to hell. Give us Liquid or Solid Snake next time.
>>
>"We'll be hunted. We've made enemies of the establishment, and right now we have to guarantee that we can survive into the 21st century."
>"Nah, Huey's right. Let's let the American government poke around our base without supervision or verifying their identity. What could go wrong?"
>>
>>333490880
It needed Hayter
And a lot more boss battles, and a fleshed out story.
I don't mind the mission structure, but there's not enough over the top cutscenes. The majority of the time is spent looking at Snake on a helicopter while Kaz briefs you over the radio.
>>
>>333487950
What if there was another rereleased legacy collection for Metal Gear, but in all the games where Hayter voiced Big Boss they replace his voice with Kiefer Sutherland?

It would actually improve the games immensely desu
>>
Big Boss did nothing himself.
>>
File: MetalGearSolidV.jpg (59 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearSolidV.jpg
59 KB, 1000x500
>>333490880
>He abandoned me. If it were truly him in V, it would've been a completely different game.

Venom Snake could potentially be Big Boss though.

If you think about it, what is really the point of Paz's story arc? What information do we get out of it? It shows just how far Venom Snake can hallucinate. He dreams up conversations with Ocelot, Kaz and Paz, aswell as a room that doesn't even exist, and most importantly: he dreams up tapes that can't exist. We know this for a fact.

TPP takes place during 1984 and is riddled with references to that book, such as BIG BOSS IS WATCHING YOU and Double Think. 1984 is all about the control of information, 2+2=5 and all that. So with that in mind, what if the TRUTH tape is a LIE? The final part of this theory is the Friedrich Nietzsche qoute: "Facts do not exist, only interpretations." Which is seemingly shown for no reason at the beginning of the TRUTH mission.

Does this mean that Venom Snake is Big Boss for certain? No, all it really means that it's impossible to know what's real and what's hallucination. Much like how it's impossible to know what's real and what's VR in MGS2. It's up for interpretation.
>>
File: 1454441287301.jpg (8 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1454441287301.jpg
8 KB, 201x250
>>333487950
>think MGSV is going to be a hardcore 3 way espionage and black ops battle between Zero/The Patriots, BB, and Volgin/The Soviets
>mfw it's nothing like that
>mfw it's actually nothing at all
>>
>>333490880
this

even though he looks, sounds and moves like Big Boss, you just know he isn't, cheapens the whole experience
>>
>big boss did nothing wrong
>literally kills the woman he loved
>literally helped a chinese spy
He fucking cried in the end because he realized he was a shithead
>>
How did Ocelot age so poorly in MGSV
Wasn't he really young in 3?
>>
>>333492607
>How did Ocelot age so poorly in MGSV

He didn't really age "poorly"

He just went gray fast, which happens to people in real life, he still has a pretty youthful face.
>>
>>333492607
Ocelot looked good as fuck.
Like Kaz and Big Boss. Wich makes it more painful that it wasn't him all along.
>>
>>333491902
he was doing zanzibar things while venom was beating up slavs in a desert
>>
>>333495308
When mgs6 inevitably comes out what are you expecting? I could really care less about another prequel, or remake but I'm not exactly sure how they're going to carry the series forward after 4. Maybe its finally dead.
>>
>>333496090
>It's been 12 years since a good metalgear game, 15 since a good non-prequel.
>>
>>333496090
>When mgs6 inevitably comes out what are you expecting? I could really care less about another prequel, or remake but I'm not exactly sure how they're going to carry the series forward after 4. Maybe its finally dead.

If Konami has any sense left they drop the "Solid" and make it about entirely new characters but set in the old universe and with cameos from the other games.

New director needs a new style.
>>
>>333492607
My grandad was 100% grey at 20. It happens.
>>
>>333487950
>enlisting Kaz
>paranoid as fuck
>>
>>333490880
I wanted to have taken control of BB when he headed out with his bike in the horizon and do everything he did while he was away from motherbase.

Kojima even said that he was afraid the game would be way too big to finish so I thought it could be a possibility. What an asshole...

>>333491167
>all these epic shit only big boss should be capable of

Nah, since Peace Walker there were soldiers that had ranks higher than BB. Big Boss is just a good soldier with a lot of luck.
>>
こちらスネーク、4chanへの
侵入に成功した

/ ̄ ̄~\
/ ヾミ彡 ヽ
レ ̄ ̄/ソ ̄ ̄|
/\_____|
ミツソヽ・> ィ・/∥
_//ヒ| r_| /
~// リハミ w竺w /_
⊂厂 ̄|\リ从リ/冂_\
/ノ ̄ ̄|[]ニロニ ニ[]ヒ_)_)
[テ]ニEロニ[]/
/\\||// ̄)
(__>-ヽ_|=/
(_/ ( \
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.