[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What don't you like about Fallout 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: image.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What don't you like about Fallout 4?
>>
>>333481010
Sarcastic Reply
>>
Load times
>>
>>333481010
Over-exaggerated reply
>>
>>333481010
The gunplay is trash
no shoulder flipping
no boob/hips/ass slider
radiant quests
institute is boring as fuck
terminal cracking is computerized hangman with hints
can't kill kids
dialogue system is garbage
>>
>>333481010
How late into the game you unlock all the factions, and how quickly after that you can get locked into a single faction.
>>
>>333481010
Basically OP, it's just boring.
They went in the wrong direction with everything about the game.
Quests are the worst culprit here.
>>
>>333481010
pretty much everything how bout you man?
>>
>Yes
>I don't want to but Yes
>Sarcastic joke but Yes
>leave
>>
>>333481010
Casualized go from point a to b game with zero depth and filled with plot holes
>>
>>333481010
I honestly think Beth made a couple of steps in the right direction with less steps in the wrong
They made it less of an RPG, but severely improved their lackings in the forms of poor/ugly models/characters and weak gameplay
Honestly all I need is several or one mod STALKER-ifying the game with survival elements and it will feel as a comfy as fuck scavenging game.
>>
Theres no creation kit yet, lore is uninteresting as fuck. Cant get into it as anything other then a base building game.
>>
File: 1458638350670.jpg (42 KB, 675x595) Image search: [Google]
1458638350670.jpg
42 KB, 675x595
>even normies think Fallout fucking 3 was better than FO4
How is it possible to fuck up so badly?
>>
>>333481223

I thought the game was alright, but this always irked me.

Fallout 4 was lacking in terms of player freedom with pretty much most dialogue.
>>
>>333481223
>leave, but I'll add your quest to the journal anyway
ftfy
>>
>>333481010
The fact that it isn't an RPG.
>>
>>333481010
No quests comparative to FONV, literally cut and paste. They don't even give rep or something.

>FONV new location, new quest, semi memorable character
>FO4 set factions, copy pasta radiant quest, one or two rando quests like the fight club one
>>
>>333481010
I think the vats system was poorly designed.

I made what I thought was going to be a cool pistol character, but there was a limit to how many shots you could queue in vats. I Uninstalled when I found that out
>>
>>333481010
It is call of duty with slight RPG elements.
>>
>>333481010
>Shit with sprinkles on it is still shit

No matter how good they make this game look, at its core it's a shallow and boring game. I physically cannot bring myself to play more, there are no options either in quests or in dialogue. You cannot make your own character, you are a set character in a set world and it's just bland.

The majority of dungeons are the same, with no actual story, even most don't have the nice ongoing narrative you find in terminals from before the war.

All in all it's one of the most boring games I've ever played.
>>
>>333481134
You forgot
>exploration isnt rewaraded
Copy paste gun with different random inferior mods on it, thanks Todd
>>
File: f5d.png (126 KB, 680x691) Image search: [Google]
f5d.png
126 KB, 680x691
It's like they gave up on making a good fallout game

even Fallout 3 quests were more fun than this
>>
shit story

same average gameplay

terrible skills/perks

lack of guns/interesting items/weapons

etc.
>>
>>333481010
Racism

Why is the nigger wearing black gloves
>>
>>333481010
One thing I never understood was how people were pissed/surprised that Bethesda doesn't prioritise lore as well as pick and choosing what stuff from the fallout bible they want to use.
I mean they already don't give a shit about the written details and non-game lore for their own flagship series that made them popular did you seriously expect them to treat fallout any differently?
Hell in fallout 3+4 they purposely set the games on the other side of the country and like 80 years after fallout 2 just so the only lore they had to touch would be tiny details that they could change because only autists would get shitty about stuff like power armour batteries not lasting for like a thousand years or what type of power armour is the most advanced pre war armour
>>
>>333482097
he has to pull out those settlement distress quests from somewhere
>>
File: 1434691315130.gif (158 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1434691315130.gif
158 KB, 260x187
I played the shit out of 3, not so much New Vegas because it was very similar to 3. So I waited eagerly for 7 years.

All that was different was voice-overs, clumsy crafting and dialogue cameras.
>>
File: 1428319710034.jpg (32 KB, 470x332) Image search: [Google]
1428319710034.jpg
32 KB, 470x332
>>333482062
The problem is that they have no reason to make their games better, normies will gobble them up all day long no matter how shit they are.

If anything, they might LOSE money if they make a good game because normies can't into proper RPGs.
>>
Settlement system

Far too many player made which then causes the game to lack actual settlements that give quests have unique npcs or sell gear
>>
>>333481506
The official survival mode patch is already playable if you opt into the beta.
>>
>>333482230
This. I like the settlement system, but there are far, far too many.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
>>
>>333481983
>I didn't research or understand the game's mechanics so it's bad
This is the worst type of player
>>
>pipe weapons for no reason whatsoever
>typical beth quests of intro -> quest 1 -> quest 2 -> congrats you're the new leader
>copy pasted skyrim enchants
>recoil on laser weapons
>perks are all generic increases X by Y
>completely sanitized of any rpg elements
>power armor can be found in a cage on the side of the road
>another settlement needs our help
>new dialog system only serves to mask how god awful the writing is
>none of the companions are interesting in any way. piper's 'personal' quest is literally just talking to her.
>every companion loves you after 3 conversations
>>
>>333482205
>All that was different was voice-overs, clumsy crafting and dialogue cameras.

You forgot the fact that they tore out pretty much all of the RPG elements from F3 so they could appeal to the mainstream market.

I worry for TES VI.
>>
>>333481010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFsWCzBBmk
>>
File: 1451994396218.jpg (17 KB, 540x296) Image search: [Google]
1451994396218.jpg
17 KB, 540x296
>>333482424

Oh god you're right, those stupid fucking vault boy perks, I must have blocked it out
>>
>>333481983
You do realize that you can increase the amount of shots you can fire in VATS by increasing your AP, which is accomplished by certain perks and increasing Agility? With enough AP, it is possible to fire 10+ shots with a weapon as small as a pistol.

Combine this with the tier 10 agility perk Gun-Fu, which increases damage by 25% for every target beyond the first that you shoot at in VATS, and you can easily make a gunslinger character that takes down entire groups of enemies in a single VATS activation.
>>
One small thing that annoyed me is what they did to the Bethesda clutter.

All those everyday objects and junk everywhere in the ES and FO games serve to add immersion. Even when all the towns are tiny and the NPCs are just mannequins who patrol around the the fact that the world is filled with real objects makes a big difference. It's something they've had over most other games, that you can walk into any room and the stuff you'd expect to be there is there but also that you can interact with it rather than it purely being part of the texture of the room or items in a box just makes everything seem more real.

So of course they decided to make it into a pointless crafting system. So now there aren't plates and cups set out on a table, there's 12.5 units of ceramics that you'll need to upgrade some shit.
>>
Bethesda hasnt made a new game since oblivion.
>>
>>333482562
Well if TES VI turns out good (unlikely but humour me) then at least we'll have lower expectations. I hate FO4 with a passion but parts of it do come from my expectations from the older games.
>>
>>333481010

It's popular and played by "normies". Also made by Satanestha.

If Obsidian released the exact same game /v/ would have worshiped it like the second coming of Christ.

If Obsidian released the ex
>>
Fallout and stalker have the same problem
They are both shit games
only way to make them good is to mods them
so people can have their polish turds

The big problem is that no dev wants to make a post apocalyptic open world Fps

Fallout and Stalker are the only two

If an actual good dev made an open world Post-Apocalyptic

FPS IT WOULD GOTY
but no one wants to do it because they dont want to be compared to Fallout or Stalker
>>
>>333481010
Base protecting SUCKED, aside from that it was ok.
>>
File: Protectron_Buddy.jpg (186 KB, 729x1080) Image search: [Google]
Protectron_Buddy.jpg
186 KB, 729x1080
>>333481010
Anyone else care waaay more about this cool duder than shaaaaaaaaaaaun?
>>
There's plenty of problems with it. Played for 300+ hours, bought the season pass. Going to play the DLC when a major one is out.

Not saying I didn't enjoy my time playing it, but it has issues. Anyone that says otherwise is blind as fuck.

Not going to sit here and list them all, since other anons will pretty much do that for me.
>>
>>333481010
>shameful dialog system
>shit writing
>low number of actual quest
>Preston "General position available, no skill requiered" Garvey
>new perk system inferior to the old skill/perk system
>nothing is explained about the Institute even when you are the leader
>the Arena was supposed to be an actual one not another dungeon to purge.
>Preston "another colony needs minutemen...I'm needs your help" Garvey
>bland world without immersion
>radiant quest
>didn't even bother to adapt the game for AZERTY keyboard (first time it happened) confirming Bethesda are just lazy fuck.
>outdated engine
>give a power armor during the first hour of the game
>Except Strengh S.P.E.C.I.A.L only use is unluck perk.
>add the survival system in a fucking beta when they could implement it in the game since the beginning.
>imposed background
>became basically a very bad Borderlands.
>setllements system is an unexploited idea
>gameplay element don't connect each other
>>
shit replay value
>>
File: Снимок.png (65 KB, 283x127) Image search: [Google]
Снимок.png
65 KB, 283x127
>>333481010
>uninspired dialogs
>self-repetitive plot
>lack of respect for Fallout 1-2
>lack of retro atmoshere
>>
File: 1459874660742.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459874660742.png
2 MB, 1600x900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjASHR7F79Q
EFFORT IS HAAAAAAAAAARD
GIVE US FIVE BUCKS
>>
>>333483869
/this
>>
File: 1458041282146.jpg (2 MB, 1609x3554) Image search: [Google]
1458041282146.jpg
2 MB, 1609x3554
Everything wrong with 3 and worse.
>>
>>333481010
The fact it isnt an RPG series any more

The complete lack of choices in the story was unbelievable
>>
>>333483954
The quality of their DLC is just abysmal
>>
>>333484039
Saved
>>
>>333483869
>Preston "another colony needs minutemen...I'm mean needs your help" Garvey
fixed

>Except Strengh S.P.E.C.I.A.L only use is unlock perk
fixed

apparently I can't into english
>>
>>333481010
I modded the fuck out of it and it's fine.
>>
>>333481010
I still havent't finished it because I simply can't be bothered anymore. 60 hours in stopped playing and started New Vegas up again.
Everything feels shallow. Boston is boring as shit and the sidequests get stale after having done them a few times. The city of DC was done a lot better in FO3 in terms of atmosphere.
The recycled graphics engine looks like shit and the dialogue has been heavily downgraded. They also managed to fuck up the perk system when it didn't need any changes in the first place.
>>
>>333481223
The dialogue choices in this game are so ridiculously pointless... Why were they even added? They don't lead to different outcomes, there is no karma or anything, the route you go is always the same.

>>333481667
It's true though. FO3 had more RPG elements.
>>
I hate newspapers.
>>
>>333484380
>They don't lead to different outcomes, there is no karma or anything, the route you go is always the same.
That's what it's like in any Bethesda game. The dialogue options are just for you to pretend to be a badass, the response is still the same because lazy design.
>>
How many of you guys have bought it?
>>
>>333484527
I bought it because I'm a fucking loser. I seriously regret giving Todd my money for this casualized turd of a game.

That being said, I'll probably buy the new elder scrolls because I'm faggot fanboy of the series.
>>
>>333484527
Got a key for 25 bucks.
Still not worth it though.
>>
>>333484517
I don't know, I feel like in FO3 it actually mattered. You could at least get bad karma or good karma. Here it could easily be ommitted and nobody would notice a difference.

Even the character responses are a fucking joke. It's like half a line that's different and then it goes on the universal way.
>>
Same news over and over again on the radio broadcast.
>>
>>333484283
You still can't into English
>>
A lot of things, but I suppose what annoyed me the most was the beginning. You get into this bunker, partner dies tragically, boo hoo.

Then you go into the Wasteland, get this AWESOME POWER ARMOUR and fight an AWESOME DEATHCLAW with an AWESOME GATTLING GUN and....

I dunno, but I remember a time where a Deathclaw was this mysterious creature. You heard lots of gruesome tales about it and it was a genuine fuck no moment when you did encounter it, but in Fallout 4 it was just thrown there, no thought into it, nothing.

I suppose that would go for FO4 in general. They just throw everything in your face, desperate to be noticed for how awesome and badass they are. No subtlety at all. Damn shame.
>>
File: Disapproving Mike.gif (1 MB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
Disapproving Mike.gif
1 MB, 500x248
>>333481983
Your complaint is that the game doesn't let you have unlimited slow-mo aimbotting? All the game's problems and that's what you chose?

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>333481010
Bethesda.
>>
>>333484847
This.
They want the COD/Hollywood audience.
>>
The lack of weapon variety, I enjoyed hunting down all the cool variants in NV like the Ratslayer and the All-American. Fallout 4 doesn't have enough tiers of weapons to keep the collecting game fun
>>
>>333481187

The silver shroud was the best quest in the game, I wish Todd would fire most of the people that didn't write that quest
>>
File: 128577737223.jpg (44 KB, 496x384) Image search: [Google]
128577737223.jpg
44 KB, 496x384
Among the other million things already listed here, I just feel that its really lazily made. I had to check if I like NV more even after all these years and I do, I re-installed Fallout 3 and somehow still like that piece of shit more.
Fallout 4 just feels like a mod that smoothes things out while it removes all the fun stuff and content while its at it. Its all about crafting and doing other stupid minecraft-tier shit. The whole town building really makes me notice all the assets used and it made me completely unable to get immersed in the slightest. I just keep collecting shit to craft shit.
>>
City is kinda meh amd i didn't really need to explore too much.
Story was crap.
Dialogue was neutered. And i can't think of any good quests save amd except the paul pembroke (i think that's the name) ones.
>>
>>333485107
>re-installed Fallout 3 and somehow still like that piece of shit more
That's a /v/tard being a /v/tard, nothing new.
>>
Quests are all trivial radiant shit. It has become a dungeon crawler with piss poor boring loot.
>>
>>333481010
>Danse, BoS stalwart, still loves them even after they exile him
>doesnt give it a second thought on firing at them if they attack him
I really wish I could talk to him and tell him that he should just join the Minutemen instead since they pretty much have the same goals as the BoS sans the synth hate so I don't fell weird about killing BoS soldiers. I also hate that you have to do the BoS route to romance Danse. It just makes it doubly weird that I kill BoS soldier left and right, but at least I can "resign" after the main quest is done
>>
>>333481157
You unlock all pretty much right away. You don't need to lock in until last couple of story missions. But rhe faction quests are cookie cutter anyway.
>>
>>333485035
This. The whole "legendary" system killed it IMO. The legendary guns were just not unique enough. You didn't really hunt them down. You just got them and then realized that they're shit and useless because your modded stock gun gets the job done well enough already.
>>
File: 1337955949002.jpg (51 KB, 601x720) Image search: [Google]
1337955949002.jpg
51 KB, 601x720
>>333484847
fallout 4 definitely is the kind of a game that just blows its load instantly, instant power armor, no buildup or anything, instant deathclaws and miniguns. The quest also get worse and worse as the game goes on. Its like they expected people not to even finish the game. God I hope that the only proper expansion will add some fun and complex mystery solving shit. Then again, not likely with the current dialogue system.

Nothing in the game feels rewarding, feels like you never achieve anything. Everything is always right there, infront of you so you cant miss it. Handed to you with little to no effort.

Somehow it feels like that after the deathclaw mission, the game has already shown everything it has to offer.
After finishing the game and the robot DLC, I couldnt shake off that feeling. Fallout 4 is lazily made game thats just a bunch of wasted potential.
>>
File: 6457.jpg (87 KB, 476x600) Image search: [Google]
6457.jpg
87 KB, 476x600
>>333485262
Fallout 3 feels like an RPG and you dont get handed everything in the first hour of the game, feels like you gotta work up to something and most of the expansions are fucking great. That alien one was such an abomination though that I wish I could forget it existed.
>>
>>333483096
because obsidian would have released something balanced and fun that has more character than a wet rag.
>>
>>333485239
There was a good part of main quest when you get into Kellogs brain and witness his past. Felt rather nostalgic.
>>
File: 1437955579121.jpg (207 KB, 508x580) Image search: [Google]
1437955579121.jpg
207 KB, 508x580
>>333485404
>and complex mystery solving shit. Then again, not likely with the current dialogue system.
But anon, there's 4 options and L.A. Noire showed us how it can be done *perfectly* with only 3!
>>
>>333483506
One of few decent characters.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14 KB, 242x118) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
14 KB, 242x118
Anything to do with writing, voice acting, or questing. Even Skyrim had one amazing quest, Blood on the Ice, The only ones that were memorable in FO4 were the ones to do with The Shroud, The USS Constitution, and that Chinese submarine.
>>
File: 1382150096321.png (4 KB, 302x216) Image search: [Google]
1382150096321.png
4 KB, 302x216
"Hmm, I'll try a laser rifle build for my first playthrough!"
>Like three different laser rifles
>There's no actual way to do a laser rifle specific build
>Only rifles in general
>No actual benefits to using strictly laser or strictly ballistic
>>
>>333483506
So I wasn't the only one?

I loved the funny walking animation of protectrons. It was qt.
>>
>>333485484
You stupid dicks used to say Fallout 3 felt like shooter. And now you worship it, bitch.
>>
>>333485683
Nostalgic?
>>
File: disappointment.png (42 KB, 290x128) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.png
42 KB, 290x128
>tfw did the main quest but no temptation to go back
>meanwhile i easily put 100+ hours into each of Fallout 3 and NV
>>
>>333485861
What? Fallout 3 a shooter? It had the crappiest shooting mechanics I've seen in a game. I literally always used VATS because the shooting was so unbearable in that game.
>>
>>333485792
Confidence Man quest was memorable because it broke the game.
>>
>>333485892
im >>3334842830-guy, my inglish still suks
>>
Awful intro.
Awful conversations/dialogue
Gunplay is still trash tier after 2 games.
"Skill checks" are random
>>
>>333485239
the only quest i liked was the silver shroud. i laugh pretty hard by using the shroud lines.
>>
File: 12342432545.gif (2 MB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
12342432545.gif
2 MB, 300x227
>>333485484
>Fallout 3 feels like an RPG
That's how common bandwaggoning /v/ pleb percieves an RPG game.
No, the usless skill tables with ebin numbers that did nothing is not an RPG.

The ebin action DLCs are not RPG either.

>you dont get handed everything in the first hour of the game
And that's simply bullshit. You don't get handed everything at the in FO4 either. Effective PA and minigun usage is locked between counless skills and materials.
You would know that if you actually played the game

Face it, you're just a bandwaggoning /v/ pleb hating on a new normie game so much you even go for the retarded hyperbole that a previous game which was also normie as fuck and also looked and felt much worse is somehow better.

You're a fucking parrot, lad.
>>
>>333485920
Yeah I took that long to finish the main quest too, have no incentive to continue playing

There is absolutely no replay value at all
>>
>>333481010
They murdered Dialogue.

Seriously, I can cope with everything else but that dialogue wheel just shits on my day constantly.

Also 90 percent of the NPCs are indestructible and it restricts your ability to play the game the way you want to. Going to all this effort to set up a situation that allows you to stealthily murder a certain NPC only to find that they can't actually even die and then the whole settlement wants to kill you because you couldn't kill captain invincible and he now counts as a witness to his own murder because he can't die.

Fucking eviscerated my immersion and made me quit the game the first time that happened, took 2 months before I could play it again.
>>
>>333483954
Fuck sake the UI looks so god damn bad.

Honestly, did nobody think "This looks fucking shit"?
>>
File: 1459796871208.jpg (419 KB, 1024x1575) Image search: [Google]
1459796871208.jpg
419 KB, 1024x1575
>>333481010
>Pipe guns in pre-war Government armouries
>general lack of guns
>Voiced character
>Forced character back-story, no roleplaying
>Garbage dialogue
>Lame tacked-on settlement building
>Storyline is Fallout 3 in reverse
>Dogmeat is a forced companion and not someone you have to seek out to befriend
>Power armour and a minigun handed to you at the start of the game
>Tiny fucking map
>Poor graphics
>Terrible voice acting
>Terrible animations
>Few main quests
>Large portion of the map is just barren radioactive wasteland filled with mutants and no actual locations
>Interior designs are boring and uninspired
>Shit DLC
>>
It had no tits.
>>
>Nuke goes off
>Paint doesn't chip
Everytime
>>
>>333486341
Fallout 4 DLC are already claimed to be shit?
>>
Dialogue options were butchered; as a result I feel I actually know LESS about what's going on with the world in comparison to previous Fallout games. The factions in play hardly seem worth it at all. Building settlements is stupid because I'm not dedicating my time to baby sitting a bunch of AI by giving them assignments and carry more junk just so I can build them a turret. Music selection is piss poor beyond belief and loops way too much. Also Boston is just very boring to explore.
>>
They should just add some kind of GRA dlc that secretly adds unique weapons all over the map

I don't know just slap some tacticool camo on a hunting rifle and give it higher damage and a higher fire rate or something. Make a green bolt action pipe pistol called the plumber with a bigger headshot multiplier and make it play the mario pipe enter sound when you pass through doors or something, literally anything to make exploring more rewarding than just random level scaled chests
>>
>>333486473
This ain't no battlefield you know.
>>
>>333485484
Why are gamers so fickle? Fallout 4 is a very good game, you get at least 130 hours for like $60. It's not without flaws but it gets too much shit from people. If it isn't perfect to each player's standard it's a piece of shit right? I think the problem is you all buy the hype and start believing it will be this magic thing when you were never promised that, and possibly expect unrealistic things.

Main issues:
>Shit dialogue and player choice, many times all dialogues would just be 'yes' but disguised as different answer. No real skill checks like the games before as well.
>Lore inaccuracies - T-60 is prewar best armor.. why would they destroy legacy of T-51B, they could have just made it BoS creation or something. T-51B and other advanced armor fusion cores are supposed to last over 100 years of use etc. Not just different armor on same frame. There are more as well.
>Lack of RPG elements. I believe the current perk system is better than the old skill tree with the stupid numbers for skills where only 4 levels counted (25, 50, 75,100). But they took too much away like karma, reputation, traits etc.
>All Vaults except Vault 81 sucked. Worst of the series.
>While the game can last a while, it still has far fewer quests than NV.
>Preston Garvey, Marcy Long, Mama Murphy. what the fuck are these annoying retarded characters.
>Power armor at start of game with no training required. Stupid michael bay scene with deathclaw. start of game is supposed to be slow with weak character.
>Stupid shit like no keychain clogging inventory
>No Ron Perlman intro and ending sequence
>Lack of ballistic weapon variety. Yeah you can mod them but there are only like 3 or 4 types of rifles. etc...
>>
>Forced character in an rpg
>voice acting for Mc
>gun mods eliminate diversity instead of adding to it
>no holstered weps
>only big settlement still smaller than free side.
>black and white factions.

I l8ked f4, but I was disappointed.
>>
>>333486341
>Dogmeat is a forced companion
What? I only spent 2 hours in the game before I got bored, but since I knew where he was from what they showed prior to release I just didn't go to him and he never became my companion.
>>
>>333486548
>They should just add some kind of GRA dlc
Obsididrone pls. I'll take another Automatron tier DLC over a bunch of low quality reskins any day.
>>
>>333486594
>Power armor at start of game with no training required.
See even this would have been made understandable if you play as the male character, but the female just doesn't make sense. This is why I hate the pre-written backstories.
>>
>>333486594
>Fallout 4
>a very good game

Pick one, faggot. It's the worst fallout to date. Even 3 was better, which I hadn't thought possible.
>>
>>333486776
>Even 3 was better, which I hadn't thought possible.
how the fuck is 3 better in anyway? fallout 4 is 1000x better
>>
>>333481010
the dialogue system
>>
File: 1455738977249.jpg (9 KB, 168x195) Image search: [Google]
1455738977249.jpg
9 KB, 168x195
>>333486594
>It's a very good game
>Terrible dialogue and lack of RPG elements
>In an rpg
>>
File: 12234534563464.png (428 KB, 544x598) Image search: [Google]
12234534563464.png
428 KB, 544x598
>>333486776
>Even 3 was better
Here comes the delusional hate machine.
>>
>>333486594
I plan on modding the power armor shit actually

T60 and below use up power cores (with T60 being explained as a BOS retrofit to T45, still in testing so only higher rank paladins use them while knights and initiates still use the T45)

T51 and APA have infinite power so it's more lore friendly.

Not sure what else to do but it would be a start.
>>
>>333486886
>In an rpg
It's not an RPG, nerd.
>>
>>333486603
The main quest forces him on you

You are required to recruit him or you literally can't progress
>>
>>333487000
don't lie moron
>>
File: bethesda writting.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
bethesda writting.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
>>
>>333487000
You don't even need to have him with you as a companion for that mission.
Its just a case of "follow this thing that can also be used as a companion" and I had the ghoul with me the entire time for that quest
>>
>>333486938
Then what is it?
>>
>>333487063
is it for real?
>>
>>333484283
>Into english
>Into
Kek
>>
>>333487225
How new are you?
>>
>>333486134
>You don't get handed everything at the in FO4 either. Effective PA and minigun usage is locked between counless skills and materials.
>You would know that if you actually played the game

Kek. You get your power armor like 40minutes in, and a minigun as well, finding power cores isnt particularly hard, minigun ammo is albiet abit harder at the start
>>
File: HATE GOOD WRITING.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HATE GOOD WRITING.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>333487219
>>
I was expecting it to suck but it's actually quite good to play and have fun

I hate the entire weapon system, it's so shit. Half the mods aren't used and the legendaries are a joke much like the uniques.
>>
>>333481010

It stopped being fun, fast. Same old shit from 3.
>>
>>333481038
>>333481123

Go away Todd.
>>
>>333481010

>Got it 3 months ago
>Still haven't played it

How do I find motivation /v/?
>>
It's impossible to play this shit while drunk.
>>
Fallout 4? Did Obsidian finally announce they were working on it? I hope they can salvage the pieces of Fallout Boston and make a decent game out of it.
>>
The fact that it isn't an RPG.
>>
>>333487431
Request a refund
>>
>>333487286
Huurr dur newfag day 1endmdition111!!!! How new are you?
>>
>>333483387
>stalker mods
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>333487306
Kek all you want, parrot.

That doesn't change the fact that you need all relevant skills, power cores and a shit ton of spare materials to use PA effectively. Without them it's garbage.
>>
THAT LOCK LOOKS A BIT TOO MUCH FOR THE LIKES OF ME
>>
>>333487515
>can't even recognize a basic meme
>flips out like an autist when called out

You stink of reddit or some other shithole.
>>
>>333487447
[SARCASM]BUT WHO CAN SALVAGE OBSIDIAN, FRIEND?
>>
>>333486594
>you get at least 130 hours
you literally have to be autistic to get that much hours out of this game. Congratulations
>>
>>333488747
no you don't at all. you have to be autistic not to
>>
>>333481010
>short main quest
>illusion of choice
>no replay value
>side missions are repetitive, pointless, and boring.
>You just saved everyone! You are now the supreme leader of [insert faction]
>can only do negroid side missions that are pointless

Story needed to be twice as long
>>
>dialogue
>5 base guns
>>
I fucking hated the Minutemen shite. Felt like the game was forcing me to be a good character when I just didn't want to be.
>>
>>333488747
>>333489593
I beat the main quest in less than 30, and I was dragging ass. A motivated person could probably do it in 10-15 or less.

I don't think it was bad, it just felt too short and incomplete.
>>
Its a Bethsda game. I can't believe I ever liked that company
>>
New fallout game by Obsidian when
>>
File: 1459701759731.png (121 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
1459701759731.png
121 KB, 480x445
>>333481010
Low effort, low content normie trash. I want the old fallout back
>>
>>333481506
>Honestly all I need is several or one mod STALKER-ifying the game with survival elements

a few mods in the right direction

http://pastebin.com/ZM3Wu1bj
>>
>>333485103
That quest is still pretty bad.
>>
>>333490501
I'm gonna relay my experience with the Minutemen, second playthrough.
>completely avoid them the whole game (other than grabbing bobblehead)
>Abernathy Farm gets attacked a total of 3 during my entire playthrough of BoS

Ergo, the Minutemen are the worst faction to ever exist. Not only are you not the leader, despite cardboard cut-out insisting, but it actively attracts the presence of undesirables to attempt to raid places. You get endless quests dumped on your lap unceremoniously by a thankless twat in a cowboy hat. And it features the most obnoxious NPCs in the entire game.
>>
>shit characters
>shit quests
>shit weapons
>shit factions
>shit crafting
>companions actually are worse than NV, which had felicia fucking day
There just aren't any good parts about this game.
>>
>>333481010
Animations
feels really clunky
Father/son complex all over again
rpg and shooter dont work well, at least not with realistic graphics
Difficulty is weird
do the same quest over and over and over again (brotherhood of steel)
>>
>>333485103
When lolrandom shit is widely considered the best writing in the game it really tells you something.
>>
I modded my FO4 and it's pretty alright now, even without mods it's excellent for a "turn of your brain and shoot" kind of game

Something else that needs to be adressed is that most sidequests at their core are just "Kill X" or "Fetch X"

I don't want all sidequests to be overly complicated story line plots, most of the time i'm happy with "this criminal is causing trouble, go put a bullet in his brain"

Say what you will about FO4 being a normie game, but i tried NV the other day and the first hour was incredibly boring, it got slightly more entertaining when i got to Primm but that's it. At least in FO4 within the first hour you probably already killed a Deathclaw

Not saying FO4 is a great game, i just have fun with it, i acknowledge it as a meh game, but hey, the mod potential is great and i can't wait to put those in
>>
File: ScreenShot199.jpg (869 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot199.jpg
869 KB, 1920x1080
As a shooter it's fine.
But there's nothing about it that makes it an RPG.

The four (FOUR) responses are always Yes, Yes, Sarcastic Yes, and (not always) No.
There's NO roleplaying in that, because the crux of roleplaying is that you reply like your character would, or rather as you would as an extension of your character.

Did you make a guy who's psychotic after seeing his wife killed and child kidnapped? Or a woman who has decided to embrace the madness of the post-apocalyptic and become a career mercenary? It doesn't matter, you can't choose any responses that helps define who your character is as a person.

Unless you're sarcastic. In the grim green glow of the fallout there is only lethargic and sarcastic people.
The worst part is, Skyrim wasn't much different (but had a LOT more responses per NPC and you could ask about additional things too. The difference is that the world in FO4 feels hollow and dull.

You lose interest fast when you have no reason to car about any of the NPC's or the world.
And here's a screenshot I took yesterday.
>>
i can forgive everything, even it being a different game, i can forgive it not being an RPG. Fallout: Tactics was barely an RPG but i still loved it.

what i can't forgive is the UI. i can only sort by weight, value, damage and some other bullshit and sorting by value is a joke.
the UI is just horrible with zero effort places into it.
i feel like Bethesda is obsessed with "less is more", that's just lazy, you can't use that philosophy on EVERYTHING.
>>
File: ScreenShot198.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot198.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
Seeing as everyone is just repeating the same few grievances, show off your sole survivor.
>>
>>333481010
voiced protag
dialogue wheel
quests have absolutely no meaning
settlements have no use and are a pain in the ass withoud mods
radio is shit
factions make no sense
armors are fugly
pipe guns are shitty and look disgusting
assault rifle is a fucking joke and looks like it belongs in a shit tier steampunk b-movie
everthing looks like plastic
annoying companions
shit story and since you have a voiced main char roleplaying is outright impossible
super dumbed down skill system where you can be ANYTHING which makes it pointless unless you limit yourself.

am i forgetting anything?
>>
>>333481010
Is it a decent aaa game?
it's ok.
Is it a decent fallout game?
hell no.

let's be honest:
it's streamlined into mediocreness.
way too cheerie, no feeling of desolation, yet at the same time missing the witty tongue-in-cheek humor.
the interaction with characters is very lacking:
no hugging, no kissing, no handshake. it's more puritan than a christian tv show.
the bad facial animations throw you into the deepest uncanny valley.
A synth (Nick) and a robot (Codsworth) have more character depth and humanity than any supposed living, breathing being in the game.

the plot is nothing new (bladerunner, metropolis etc)
Illusion of choice, no more an rpg.
No more skills, no more unique builds, so bethesda killed it's own replay value.
instead we get a shitty minecraft-light version so we don't realize how empty the game actually is content wise.
>>
That it's a meme game hyped by normies
>>
File: mfw master took my balls.jpg (74 KB, 1010x860) Image search: [Google]
mfw master took my balls.jpg
74 KB, 1010x860
The story is shit, the world doesn't feel well thought out, the characters are all uninteresting, the diolague is bad, my choices don't matter, there's no room for RP, the weapons all feel the same, Bethesda gave even less of a shit about lore this time (jet) and tossed internal consistency out the window (kid in a fridge). And now they're nickel and dimming their customers with some rinky dink DLC that should be free.
Fuck Todd "Tophel" Howard and FUCK Pete "Prey 2 wasn't up to our standards but Brink was" Hines.
>>
>>333486812
Well you can roleplay in 3.
>>
File: rf.png (19 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
rf.png
19 KB, 300x309
>>333493524
>meme game
i don't think you know what those words mean

I don't know, i've had more fun with FO4 than i did with NV, NV for me took forever to get interesting and the beggining is really boring, at least in FO4 one hour in i already killed a Deathclaw and was on my way to get more action

I just hate how it's allways the same "Skyrim vs. Oblivion argument" where a game that has less RPG elements is automaticly inferior because "muh walls of text" or "muh overly complicated sidequests"

Sure, the dialog wheel sucks and the lack of character interaction is bugging but that's a give n seeing as there are no cutscenes in the game and that's a thing that Bioware pulls off nicely; the characters still stand still while talking to them but you can see them being expressive when they talk and you can actually interact with them

The game is fun, i'm still having fun while exploring it, i just hate NV fags that say that just because it has gargantual amounts of content that means it is automaticly good, IMO i like how condensed FO4 is, it was a missed opportunity to have such a low number of factions and not flesh them out good

I'm glad FO4 is what it is, i didn't want another NV, and i got what i wanted i guess
>>
>>333494726
why the flying fuck does that make it better?
>>
>>333495349
>how does roleplaying in an rpg make it better?

You tell me retard.
>>
>>333494726
You can roleplay in 4.
>>
>>333482056
Exploration is punished. I tried to go everywhere except the main quest line and all I got was murdered and outclassed by Gunners and Legendary mobs
>>
>>333494905
Hello faggot my old friend, I've come to talk with you again.

The fact that the game peaked at its first hour killed it even more.
Also, all it is, is open world shooter. Slapping rpg on it is just shameful, it's like calling Bloodborne an rpg...
>>
>>333481010
quests are garbage
load times
nothing to do in the end game
settlements are rushed and just padding onto the gameplay
>>
Having several different keys to cancel otu of dialogues and crafting

The most egregious example is crafting. Press Tab a few times to go back to the root menu and then Press tab again

>Are you sure you want to quit?
>ENTER - EXIT
>TAB - CANCEL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333497995
>The fact that the game peaked at its first hour killed it even more
I never said that, i said that the game throws you into the action and that's good

>slapping RPG on it is just shameful
sure, i agree with you there, but i play this game to shoot things not because of the RPG elements

i'm not saying it's a masterpiece but god sake is like people want the same games every year
>>
The major factions are all so boring and simple that I have absolutely no inclination toward helping or destroying any of them. I just ended up going with the BoS because you get a good plasma rifle for helping them.
>>
>>333498987
Felt the same way about Vegas t b h. Good thing there's FUCK YOU ALL ending.
>>
>>333498987
I never want to help the BoS because they are a good faction to fight against, when you are part of the brotherhood the game becomes too easy
>>
>>333499390
Honestly I'd like to fight them too. For all the lip service the characters give about Lyons being a delusional old softy and Maxson being some kind of ideological purist, the Brotherhood are still the same uncharacteristically altruistic gang of wasteland crusaders they were in the last game. They just drummed up some stupid pretext of 'destroying abominations of science' when that's never what the organization was about. Their motivation should have just been looting all the Institutes sweet shit.
>>
>>333499649
>Brotherhood are still the same uncharacteristically altruistic gang of wasteland crusaders they always were.
fxd

>They just drummed up some stupid pretext of 'destroying abominations of science
You definitely need a trip back to wiki to check how BoS started.
>>
>>333481010
>What don't you like about Fallout 4?
Fallout 4
>>
>>333481010
Taking the danger to explore a new locations rewards you with a normal gun with a shit magical enchantment effect, 80% of which are bullshit and utterly useless.

Fuck me at least give a reskin with higher damage or you can attach a super special mod you find somewhere in the game.
>>
>>333499937
I gave you the benefit of the doubt and decided to double check. Yeah, nothing about being the wasteland abomination slaying police force.
>>
>>333486341
This, other than poor graphics.
I would tack on making the most dreaded encounter for a wastelander (Deathclaws) literally one of the first damn things they meet, and can mow it down with ease, even on survival.
The Mechanist DLC was fantastic for what it added but omfg that was the most watered down, anti-climax I have ever seen.
>>
so much shit but for the sake of keeping it concise: laughable amount of quests

also I'm what you call a FAGGOT and I actually pay attention to surroundings, read terminals and look for notes and logs and in this respect the game was barebones as shit
>>
>>333481010

What was there to like.

I am one of those way too old people that grew up on Fallout 1 and 2 - I was even able to stomach Fallout 3 - Fallout: new Vegas was neat - stopped plying Fallout 4 after a couple of hours.

The main issue is that dialogue does not matter - the 4 choices are yes said in different ways.
>>
>>333481983
>I think the vats system was poorly designed.
No shit, sherlock.
>>
>>333497995

>it's like calling Bloodborne an rpg...

Spotted the troll
>>
>>333500962
Your "old school gamer" cred doesn't change the fact that you're retarded if you think FO3 is better than FO4.
>>
>>333500962
That and the ironclad character backstory and voice over really shits on any attempt you might make to roleplay.
>>
>>333501136
The backstory isn't any more set in stone than it was in New Vegas.
>>
Man that wall painting quest really does define the level this company and series has fallen.
>>
>>333501394
Let's see, you're either a house wife, or a military man, and in both instances you lived pre-war, you have an infant son. That's the first minute of Fallout 4.

You're a courier who was shot and left for dead. That's the first minute of New Vegas.

You've got to be feigning ignorance if you don't think one is far more open ended and conducive to roleplaying than the other.
>>
>>333501101

I guess I am retarded then.

>>333501136

Yep.
>>
>>333486594
Honestly the no Ron Perlman intro/out almost made me quit from the start. The dude is getting pretty damn old now and his voice is what made me really love Fallout as a kid.
You pretty much nailed most of the problems I have with the game. We expect them to actually craft something using previous material that has been proven to be good. (And I DONT mean whatever is trending in video game mechanics)
It feels like they have a pitcher, the glass is The Fallout universe. They start off with adding good gunplay (+) New setting mentioned in previous game (+) New perk tree (+ & -) and then proceed to leave all the crucial ingredients that made the previous cocktails so unique and just add water, food coloring and piss and hope we dont notice.

I honestly thought the Pre-war thing would have been some Anchorage-esque thing where we saw life as the world ended.
I did manage to get a nice tragic feel with the mother searching the wastes for her baby and getting chewed up and spat out by the wastes. Nice, and gave a touhc of immersion but was ruined by not having the option to go full raider. They added SO damn much Raider material and it is totally wasted. I want a mod where you play F4 in reverse. Gather raiders to attack settlements and take down the Commonwealth. High INT characters could construct something like a rail cannon to destroy the prydwen and could interrogate/torture to somehow get info on the Institute
>>
File: 1403821591010.jpg (29 KB, 640x364) Image search: [Google]
1403821591010.jpg
29 KB, 640x364
Sounds silly, but it's not autism friendly.
What i liked about F3 and FNV is how you can focus on a certain type of gameplay and inmerse yourself more in your type of character.
F4 kinda forces you to be a jack of all trades, you can't focus in only one type of weapon (only perkwise)
The dialog system.
Also the talking protagonist.
Boring quests, the only one i genuinely enjoyed was the one where you can return a Deathclaw egg to the mother.
I really wanted to like it because of all the replicant cyborg stuff which is my weakness, but i just couldn't get hooked, after 50 hours i dropped it.
>>
>>333487321
No asshole options what-so-ever.
Or even starting a convo with firing both barrels (thanks to 3/4 people being essential)
>>
>>333501101
How do you figure?
>>
>>333500642
That's because wasteland abomination police only exists in your head. There's a pretty solid reason for them to dislike mutants and raiders. And a good reason to dislike scientists conducting questionable experiments. Not my fault your reading comprehension is lacking
>>
>>333488747
Ive clocked over 500
Faggot
>>
>>333486649
This
I still miss the anti material rifle tho
>>
>>333481010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XkiDs2_u8Q&ab_channel=BIGSLMAN only good part about that game. Couldn't even finish the game baby
>>
>>333502065
That's fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>333502021
They really stole from quantic dreams books didn't they
>>
>>333501776
So in New Vegas you:
>have an occupation
>are not married
>don't have children
>did not live pre-war

How is that any more or less open?
>>
>>333481010
i don't like that it can't run on my computer
>>
>>333502053
Hey, feel free to cite any particular paragraph that you feel exemplifies your point and I'll try my very best to not be a dumb dumb and read it properly.

Otherwise, you can politely excuse yourself.
>>
File: 5G3xs7D.jpg (80 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5G3xs7D.jpg
80 KB, 625x626
>333502224
fuck your bait, I almost responded
>>
>>333486938
>It's not an RPG, nerd.
and that's the problem you idiot
>>
>>333481010
The fact the entire engine and physics shits itself when a minor frame spike happens.

Remember playing and having a deathclaw pounce on me. Only for the animation to launch me across the map in a power armor suit because the framerate decided to dip a bit.
>>
>>333502369
It'll triple when the geck comes out and all them sex mods come right?
>>
>>333502035
Better writing that doesn't make you fall asleep every time you start a new conversation and that has an interesting main plot is the main point.

Aside from that is has much better gunplay and general gameplay mechanics and cinematic dialogue.
>>
New Vegas is still king desu
>>
>>333502473
This has to be bait.
>>
>>333502224
There's nothing saying you're not married, or that you are, or that you have kids, or that you don't. Or that you lived pre war or didn't. Particularly with the PC version anything is possible with mods. You could play as a ghoul with a pre-war origin, or as a robot. You could be a widow, you could be even be married to a follower.

Imagination thrives in the absence of information, which is something that they realized by making the Couriers specific background (aside from being a courier) entirely unexplained and up to the player. Imagination thrives in the absence of information.
>>
>>333501776
Since roleplaying is you imagining a background for your char, what's exactly stopping you to to this in FO4?
Your autism?
It's not like you're constantly reminded of your past during gameplay beside the fact you cone from a vault, which literally is FO1.
FO2 was even worse. You were a fucking tribal savage from the start.
>>
>>333502515
True that senpai
>>
File: 1409961355737.jpg (79 KB, 702x702) Image search: [Google]
1409961355737.jpg
79 KB, 702x702
>>333502224
In NV you amnesia because of the gunshot.
Maybe you were married, maybe you weren't.
That's up to you.
Maybe you liked to get fucked in the ass by a man every other day and on your way to deliver the platinum chip that was all you were thinking about.
It's up to you.
Leaving the player the option to create their own backstories is a crucial part of rpgames, i really don't get why devs don't understand this.
>>
>>333502648
Because having a dog buddy is clearly trendy now dontcha see, I mean look at call of Duty and metal gear solid
>>
>>333502531
you need to kill yourself

how can you be so retarded to think fallout 3 is better than fallout 4. it's clearly not in any way shape or form.

>worse gameplay
>worse control over story
>worse graphics
>worse map
>worse story
>worse lore
>worse companions
the list goes on. fo3 is inferior in every way to fo4
>>
>>333502302
>somehow your inability to read and comprehend is my fault
>somehow I'm responsible for spoon feeding you free access info
I already told you where to get some background on them and how it all started. You can fuck off if you're unable to form a solid argument.
>>
>>333502648
The same shit happened with Dark Souls and Demon's Souls.
>you're just an adventurer passing by
>you're just an undead imprisoned here
You chose your backstory
Then on DaS2 they made a backstory where you were a male guy with a wife and a kid,
>>
>>333494905
Your kind is the reason why every game into a generic Hollywood shooter without any charm.
>>
>>333502224
Even dialogue about your past could be chosen such as who you saw or where you had been. You could have a wife back in NCR or New Reno or whatever suited your fancy. The only lock in is "You are a Courier" and the little strings with that followed by the Ulysses story. Literally everything else was to your choosing.
You could murder the whole damn Mojave if you wanted. F4 has all of ONE major city and wiping it out practically says the commonwealth is dead since everything else is populated by your settlements and the rest are respawning "dungeons"
>>
>Currently doing the Silver Shroud quest
>helping a DJ become more confident
>having a blast customizing weapons
>mods enhance the gameplay a lot (just saying that it does, it never defends the quality of a game though)

it's not a perfect game but jesus christ sometimes i see all the opinions, i go and play the game and i wonder what is so wrong about FO4
>>
>New Vegas had perks around shotgun builds
>New Vegas had perks around plasma weapons and energy weapon builds
>Fallout 4 only offer % increase perks
>>
>>333498881
>i'm not saying it's a masterpiece but god sake is like people want the same games every year
Fallout game are supposed to RPG not fucking FPS so I think it legitimate that people except Fallout 4 to be an actual one instead of becoming Borderlands
>>
>>333502957
Point someone to reading material that doesn't say anything resembling your original argument and then insist that they didn't read it properly and refuse to provide any relevant quotes or citation. This is a pretty fucking airtight strategy you've got here man.

You must do this debating thing a lot.
>>
>>333486490
Automatron was short and shit, and the workshop one should have been in game from beginning and its just a paid mod
>>
>>333503246
No, they are not. I've got my dose of lazy oldfag pandering with Vegas, thanks.
>>
>>333502834
Take your own advice there buddy and end life.

Depending on the ending of 3, the world actually changes.
Comparing graphics with a difference 7 years in tech advancement.
Game rewarded exploration and had many unique locations
Main quest line actually reacts to previous choices like Nuking Megaton.
Implying that F4 doesnt shit on the lore

The list goes on and on.

The only plus I give 4 is companions
>>
>>333503394
The whole defection srory in Mariposa? The raider war? The mutant war?

Pretending things do not exist to suit your way of thinking is even more airtight.

Now you can fuck off
>>
>>333503406
either you are twelve and never heard of Fallout 1&2 or you are a legitimate retards
>>
>>333502834
Graphics and gunplay aren't everything. 4 feels like a fucking bioware game. It has no atmosphere or replay value and the RPG mechanics are so fucking minimal. You can't even roleplay because the voiced protagonist kills all immersion. How can you even defend it?
>>
>>333503105
I thought it was nice that you can boost the DJ's confidence but everyone I talk to who did it regrets it.
I love getting the giggles in the middle of a firefight because Travis bangs into something and berates himself
>>
File: 1449400249perka_training.png (23 KB, 294x321) Image search: [Google]
1449400249perka_training.png
23 KB, 294x321
>anyone here prefer new vegas over 3 ?
>>
>>333503673
Top kek. Excuses and wishful thinking.
>>
Everything.

Shit combat
Shit gameplay
Shit weapons
Shit audio
Shit animations
Shit graphics
Shit story

It's one of those games that greater than the sum of its parts, every single individual element in fallout is trash.
>>
>>333503757
Neither, I'm not a luddite neckbeard stuck in the past.
>>
>>333503747
Stomping out a band of raiders that have been fucking with your shit is a little different from launching an interstate mutie/synth cleansing campaign. "A squad of paladins" doesn't exactly constitute a war, either.

I think you're the one seeing what he wants to see, to be quite honest, family.
>>
>>333503673
>Depending on the ending of 3, the world actually changes.
yeah if you buy the fucking dlc. (shhh don't mention the game ends after the story ends)
>Comparing graphics with a difference 7 years in tech advancement.
still makes it more immersive and atmospheric
>Game rewarded exploration and had many unique locations
Fallout 4 doesn't? I don't think you've even played the game.
>Main quest line actually reacts to previous choices like Nuking Megaton.
lol, you have almost no choice over the whole game. at least you can choose a different faction in fo4 instead of pressing a different button of the blue at the last second of the game
>Implying that F4 doesnt shit on the lore
it's far more lore friendly than fallout 3.

shut the fuck up, you're an idiot

>>333503828
err no, it feels like fallout
>no atmosphere
what the fuck? it's incredibly immersive and atmospheric. you're a fucking pleb crybaby
>the RPG mechanics are so fucking minimal. You can't even roleplay because the voiced protagonist kills all immersion. How can you even defend it?
because i'm not a crybaby that has to cry because big bad bethesda didn't make the game exactly like I wanted it. it's still a fucking excellent besides some flaws I listed here >>333486594
>>
>>333504086
>selective reading
Hey you totally missed what happend in mariposa. You know, the event that shaped bos ideology. How convenient.

Kya
>>
>>333482317
I just wish more of them were actual settlements you could upgrade or change like Covenant
>>
FO4 is a bad game compared to NV sure, but i like how condensed things are in FO4, NV kicks the shit out of FO4 in most RPG elements but that doesn't necesarily means it's superior and all that

NV has that problem that the game is too big sometimes for me, i find myself wandering too much in NV and to be honest having to explore and spend a lot of your time with a game to get the most of it isn't great design either

I feel the same way with Oblivion when it's compared to Skyrim, sure, Oblivion has better RPG elements but the game is too big and i find myself more confortable playing Skyrim
>>
>>333504347
Oh nah, I saw that. I just missed the part where any reaction or mission statement fitting your description happened.
>>
>>333504347
>kya
https://youtu.be/aqmeQ0Ya4G8?t=90
>>
>>333486007

How so?
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-03-28 00-18-22-11.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-03-28 00-18-22-11.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>
File: extreme_disapproval.jpg (142 KB, 720x488) Image search: [Google]
extreme_disapproval.jpg
142 KB, 720x488
I could go on and on about the lame voiced protagonist, shit roleplaying options, shit dialogue system, butchered SPECIAL and perk system, removal of skills, the lackluster weapons and weapon modding, the fucktons of essential NPCs, boring story, and stupid writing, but all of that aside, the game is just truly underwhelming.

Wouldn't you think that the 4th installment of a praised series would be grand and majestic as fuck? I feel like Fallout 4 didn't have any kind of punch to it. What exactly did the game add to the series besides better graphics and settlement building? And the settlement building isn't as good and wholesome as it should be either, so that's not even really a true plus to the game.

The game just feels fucking empty and devoid of any soul. It really doesn't help that they removed and ruined key mechanics from previous games, which just dramatically adds to the feeling of emptiness.

How anyone can consistently play this game and say it's an all-around upgrade is beyond me. Everytime the goddamn dialogue wheel comes up, my faces twinges with disgust. And everytime I heard the voice protagonist say the same stupid shit, I roll my eyes. Even the fucking guns aren't that cool. So many damn pipe guns and the shitty auto-naming mechanic makes me want to destroy any remnant of that game on my PC.
>>
Feels like a MMO, even mobs fucking respawn
>>
>>333505301
>devoid of any soul

It has some funny dialogue.
>>
>>333505301
It was my first Fallout game and i had fun, i later installed NV and it bored me quickly

Between a game that is too big for it's own good and a game like FO4 that is more condensed and dumbed down, i think i choose FO4 over NV because to really enjoy NV and appreciate all the content you have to spend so much time playing the game

Same thing with Oblivion, i see them as better games but i find Skyrim and FO4 way more fun to get into
>>
>>333482579

Go to bed, Scott.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.