[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyway to mod an old Mario Party map?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: mario Rainbow map.jpg (71 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
mario Rainbow map.jpg
71 KB, 800x599
Is there anyway to mod an old Mario Party map?
>>
>>333472410
Why don't you do it?
>>
maybe you should fucking kill youself dumb loser
>>
>>333472508
I don't know if it's possible or not, let alone if I can do it.
>>
>>333472687
Not a chance
>>
Probably the look of it, considering it's just an image, but changing the actual layout is probably impossible.
>>
>>333473423
>changing the actual layout is probably impossible.
that's what I was wondering, maybe if it were possible to make your own Mario Party map through modding and/or romhacking.
>>
File: MARIOOOOO.png (87 KB, 174x204) Image search: [Google]
MARIOOOOO.png
87 KB, 174x204
>A Mario Party map editor
WHY HAVE THEY NOT THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!? IT'LL FUCKING PRINT MONEY!
They could even remake a shitton of the older console MP many games from the 64/gcb days and let you customize what games you play on your map.
>>
File: 2016-04-04 14.59.25.png (2 MB, 1052x1056) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-04 14.59.25.png
2 MB, 1052x1056
>>333473761
Whao...
>>
>>333473761
What's next, a Mario Kart editor? Remember the future you have chosen.
>>
File: n64marioparty2.jpg (27 KB, 285x210) Image search: [Google]
n64marioparty2.jpg
27 KB, 285x210
>>333472410
Different question here, is there a way to actually play Rules Land in MP2?
>>
>>333473761

It has been my dream for nintendo to create a mario party 64 hd collection that includes.

>pooling all the minigames from the 3 games to show up on all maps
>allow characters from 3 to be used on older maps
>implement the 3 item system from mario party 3 on all maps

And I'm too tired to think of the rest but basically pool all the features into one super game.
>>
>>333473761
>super mario party maker
>>
>>333472410
There's zero reason why a romhacker wouldn't be able to do this.
>>
>>333474484
I don't mean to judge, but that sounds like something less than fun. It's too simple of a map.
>>333474607
I am not too proficient with this stuff, but there are some things romhacking can't do. For example, the algorithm that generates the map layouts in dungeoun floors in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is apparently nigh impossible to hack because the code is so delicate, simply editing it in any way apparently breaks the whole code. I'm paraphrasing, but you get what I mean.
>>
>>333474887
It definitely is simple, but it just kind of bothered me since I was a kid so I wanted to see if it was possible.
>>
Bump for interest on the topic
>>
File: duel.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
duel.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
I personally would love to see the duel mode from Mario Party 3 remade. Fuck that mode was golden.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.