[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a "dead" console be so much better than the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1422979010388.jpg (178 KB, 1118x722) Image search: [Google]
1422979010388.jpg
178 KB, 1118x722
How can a "dead" console be so much better than the alternatives?
>>
>posting this on a Sonygger forum
This is going to end well.
>>
>>333471793
cause their games aint movies
nor do they have deep storylines.
you dont look cool playing games on nintendo, its not hip
>>
I know it exists, is it so incredible that I don't want to play Mario games?
>>
>>333471793
kids prefer FIFA and CoD over games
>>
It's dead because it has no future. Could have been the greatest console ever made up to this point, still wouldn't matter because it's likely getting replaced soon, has maybe two major titles left, and absolutely nothing mentioned about its future past this year.
>>
File: 1441610531060.jpg (78 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
1441610531060.jpg
78 KB, 657x720
>>333471853
>/v/
>sonygger forum
>>
>>333471793
>no DRM
having really shitty and easily cracked drm does not count as drm free
>>
>>333471793
The controller is retarded.

It works well and is a pretty neat idea but it's straight-up full-on retarded.

The entire selling point was the controller since that idea worked so well last time for Nintendo.
>>
3rd parties hate it because the gamepad makes it not very multi-plat friendly. Also Nintendo's process for releasing DLC makes it harder to jew.
>>
>>333471793
Because it's not profitable. Nintendo wants to move on as soon as they can.
>>
>>333472358
how is dlc for wiiu handled any different from the other consoles?
>>
Maybe because
>region lock
>weaker hardware compared to PS4 and Bone
>0 multiplat support
>Tried to pull another gimmicky conse hoping for a Wii 2.0
>Price of used games never ever goes down
>Games lineup has some really good games but otherwise it's really nogames.

I have a WiiU but Id never recommend it to anyone.
>>
It isn't. Soon you'll be able to emulate it aswell.
>>
File: 4TheRapers.jpg (34 KB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
4TheRapers.jpg
34 KB, 638x360
>>333471853
>night-time /v/
>ever being that
kek
>>
Can somebody explain how region locking meant jack shit when Nintendo was the only one that DIDN'T do it, but now it fucking means the world to you faggots?

Are you certain you're not just grasping for reasons to have a hateboner for Nintendo?
>>
>>333473342
I think it's become a growing concern as people have become more and more aware of how badly NoA fucks everything up.
>>
>>333473342
You mean back in the day when your best source for video games were national game magazines that showed upcoming releases for your region and not the internet where you got to know that EU gets a game 2 years after NA?
>>
>>333473342
It's just an excuse. THe vast majority complaining are just looking for something to bitch about.

The people actually versed in moonspeak and care enough to import have already bought a japanese WiiU.

The import market is pretty small for consoles in the first place so it makes no real differance being region locked.
>>
its better than a shitbox one but, the that thing you guys call a controller is retarded for the wii u
>>
File: 420.jpg (30 KB, 590x391) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
30 KB, 590x391
>>333473342
>only one that Didn't do it
All of Nintendo's home consoles were region locked and had to be modded to remove the region lock
>>
>support for indie games
Why is this a plus

Most indie devs can't program for shit anyway and their 'games' are unportable without a total rewrite
>>
>>333472243
>Fucking retarded
>Works well and it's a pretty neat idea
>tfw contradictions
>>
As an owner of both, there's a reason it's a failure. It's not a great console and its library is weak.
>>
for me its
>gimmicky control
>can I even buy another controller if it breaks? I don't even know
>not enough exclusives
>few multiplat games
>underpowered
>don't trust nintendo on how long it's going to support it

I rather just wait for a functioning cemu emulator
>>
>>333471793
>Releases a console the same fucking specs as 360/PS3 right when sony and ms are about to make the jump to new gen
>Essentialy the same as with Wii nintendo made the dumb mistake as purposefuly be a gen behind which equals no third party titles

And you still Wonder why it failed? With its great first party support, nintendo would've had the best console hands down, but nooo, they wanted to go full retard again
>>
>>333474225
It's retarded from a marketing standpoint.

>doesn't look like a regular controller so the casuals are intimidated or just confused
>while at the same time, doesn't have a right-time, right-place gimmick going for it like the Wii did with waggle controls
>>
>>333471793
>has no DRM
>console

Are you retarded?

It's also the only home console with region locking.

Listing "can play used games" and "support for indie developers" is pretty retarded, considering that's not exclusive to the Wii U. That'd be like listing it has a disc drive or games with shittily priced DLC.
>>
>>333472358
>makes it harder to jew.

It's actually much easier to jew. All DLC for Wii U software either has to be added on-disc in a patch, making everyone just pay for unlock keys, or function as complete reinstall of the game.

It's the cost of having to ship the data for it to be available for unlocking to all consoles that DL the update before anyone has paid for it, or in the latter, paying to ship your entire game over again.
>>
>>333473342
Nintendo has never released a console without region locking.

Microsoft just now released their first console without region locking.

It effects a ton of consumers, primarily in the EU, and Nintendo doesn't give a fuck.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.