[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
losing grip on gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Pack_yak.png (79 KB, 340x195) Image search: [Google]
Pack_yak.png
79 KB, 340x195
Gaming has provided me with some of the most enjoyable experiences in my life. I'm only 19 and I can't sit down and play a single player game for more than an hour before my mind stops being in it. Most of the time I can't even be assed to put in the disc. I've recently been in love with bloodborne, it's a great game. Yet, I have no inclination to play it. I don't understand, I just want to lay in bed for a day and game, yet I can't. I still love the hobby, that hasn't changed. Anyone else experience this? Is it a mindset issue?
>>
You're depressed, talk to someone about it.
>>
>>333467310
I dunno man, I don't feel upset. Just indifferent. Weed will peak my interest in things, though I don't like being high all the time.
>>
Nigga just do something else holy fuck does everyone here have one hobby?
>>
>>333467894
I have other hobbies I just miss gaming. Maybe im outgrowing it but that notion makes me sad.
>>
>>333467428

Indifference is a common symptom of depression, depression is more than being sad. Most of the time when I'm depressed I'm just sort of "meh" about the world
>>
If this thread doesn't die, general "not gaming" thread. I know there's a large portion of /v/ that talks about games more than they play em.

>>333468519
Hm. I I'll talk to a professional then. I don't really feel any different from normal. But my mom has clinical depression, shes described feeling it since she was 4 or 5. I might have inherited it, if that's even possible. Also considering taking a break from videogames altogether until the urge to play returns.
>>
>>333467236
Sounds like you're burnt out. Go do some other shit until the craving returns, or limit the amount of time you do it.

I'm at the point where I play like three different games in rotation just so I don't burn out too much on any one.

Here, try this for a bit: http://www.remar.se/daniel/herocore.php
>>
When i was in this situation, it meant i was seeking something more out of life. I loved videogames and habitually associated it with satisfaction and grouped it with expectations for years. In the end i realized that i don't like games as much as i used to, and i was growing up

If you're having a problem with immersiveness and have intrusive thoughts while playing games, it's best to listen to those thoughts
>>
>>333470389
>and I was growing up
It's shit like this that enforces the "you grow out of video games" shit. What's happened is that you burnt out on video games and started looking for shit to satisfy what you were previously using video games to satisfy and are trying to justify realizing that in the end that's all they ever were to you, a substitute.

You didn't grow up at all.
>>
>>333470734

What? Videogames are entertainment that's sole purpose is to satisfy. If you can't achieve that satisfaction you're supposed to -move on- to something that will, which is part of growing up

Have you never grown out of cartoons or toys anon
>>
I am an unemployed loser who doesn't leave his room and I've never played less video games than I do now. When I was in high school I normally maintained around 40 hours per 2 weeks according to steam, but now that's dropped down to 10 to 15, maybe 20 if I play a lot of video games.
Man what the fuck, more time than ever and I do even less than I did before. I don't even know how I pass the time to be honest, don't even browse imageboards a whole lot anymore. I wish I could start sleeping 14 hours a day again but I can't even break 10 anymore dude what the fuck. Too much time in a day.
>>
I feel you bro. I find myself getting more and more distant as I spend time away from video games. Just gotta force yourself thru a few hours of gaming and before you know it you'll be completely focused on your game.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>333467236
You just has too many.
Try not play games for two weeks.
Or may be you growned up and wants more productive hobby.
Or may be bloodborne isn't really your game and you playing it because hype, try some RTS or simulators.
And actually hour in a day it's long enough.
>>
>>333467236
Just sort out your dumb life. Video games aren't really all that important. If it feels like a chore, don't do it.
>>
>>333469681
>I play like three different games in rotation
Lol I'm doing same thing, i'm playing sam 3, thief 3 and onimusha 3. Two level (or 5-6 savepoints) in a day, and i actually enjoy all of them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.