[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, What did you think about Automatron? I liked it but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: automatron1-600x600.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
automatron1-600x600.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Hey /v/,

What did you think about Automatron?
I liked it but it was way too short. It felt like a quest chain and an entire mechanic was trimmed from Vanilla Fallout 4 for DLC purposes. At least the quests are fun and the robots are cool.
>>
>>333466270
Im waiting for the May update. Its apparently their biggest dlc to date. They better deliver. I cant stand more of Howards lies.
>>
>>333466474
Is that the survival update?
>>
>>333467259
No the far harbor or something update
>>
What is it?

Is the GECK out yet? I want a mod that puts the skills back in.
>>
>>333466270
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
>>333467447
You won't get it. At this point I'm not sure if we will ever get to see random critical hits again.
>>
>>333466270
>What did you think about Automatron?

hearthfire 2.0 trash
>>
It was trash. The one where you capture stuff will be trash, too. They did not release the GECK months ago because they knew modders would make the same shit, but 200% better.
>>
>>333467569
I'm aware of that, it was one of my biggest complaints about the game.

I'm curious to see how Obsidian handles the inevitable off-sequel, I feel like they'd have a hard time making a Fallout game as handicapped as this one.
>>
>>333467938
Random crits are mechanically possible; there are some chems that give your weapons a percent chance of being a critical hit.
>>
I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. I just assumed it would be some shitty dlc where they give you the ability to make robots right off the bat. Didn't expect that quest.
>>
being that I didn't have to pay extra for it, it was ok. i would have been pissed if the season pass didn't include all these little nickel and dime DLCs that they are showing
>>
I liked it quite a bit. More than I expected, robot construction is cool. I didn't think I would like it but i did.

But jesus fuck I want more questlines and worldspaces.
>>
>>333469421
I was hoping for a whole expansion territory like The Pitt or the Broken Steel areas.
>>
>>333467259
Survival update is in beta select update.
>>
I in-adveretently made the quest shorter and more boring for myself
>get that one perk that lets you hack robots
>i aim at the boss in the rust devil hideout, the securitron with the skull
>gave me option to hack
>i could either shut it down or self destruct it
>i continued to use this for the rest of the quest line
>completed the whole mod in under 45 mins
Is this a bug or something? I was playing on my xbone, has this shown up for any other console/pc?
>>
>>333466270
It's what I expected, an interim quest/content update so satiate season pass holders until the harbor DLC comes out, which was pegged by them to have a more complete story quest

It was too short, there were too few interesting characters, and you need the silver shroud outfit to really play up the comic book hero motif they are going for.

The robot production is somewhat fun, I wish there were more parts and more meaningful upgrades, but that's generally my opinion of the gun/armor modding system as well. I did like the robobrain construction labs. They were interesting, especially considering robobrains always seemed like a comical threat in the fallout games I have played and this made them at least sad, depressing constructs in theory.
>>
>>333470350
It's not a bug.

With the right perk you can self destruct nearly all enemies added by the DLC. It's actually the only reason I got through it

>Lose save file
>Make new one
>Give character tons of exp with console commands
>Overshoot
>Level 264
>"Okay I'll just use whatever low level gear I find on the way to sanctuary to start the quest and that will keep it interesting."
>Enemies level scale and a double barrel doesn't do shit
>Hacking one robot to self destruct while trying to stay out of blast radius and fist another one to death is the only way to proceed

Made it much more interesting and frustrating at some sections just because the hp scaling on enemies made them the most bullet spongey enemies imaginable unless you completely upgraded a gun or had a legendary effect on it.
>>
File: 1457550152250.png (485 KB, 1050x899) Image search: [Google]
1457550152250.png
485 KB, 1050x899
Still waiting on the one reason to even launch F4 again.
>>
File: 1451115894301.png (294 KB, 1174x1878) Image search: [Google]
1451115894301.png
294 KB, 1174x1878
>>333472698
>>
File: Fallout 4 - Illusion of Choice.jpg (2 MB, 1553x7203) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 - Illusion of Choice.jpg
2 MB, 1553x7203
>>333472998
>>
>>333467447
not yet, they said it was scheduled to come out in april but they've lied before
>>
File: 1459020587121.jpg (418 KB, 869x1340) Image search: [Google]
1459020587121.jpg
418 KB, 869x1340
>>333472998
>>333473071
Game is fucked on the fundamental level, but it can still redeem itself by being a robowaifu simulator
>Creating a settlement of sexbots and turning the place into one massive brothel.
>having a harem of waifus to fuck all day an night.
>>
>>333473071
>>333472998
Funny that I had seen this coming miles away so after doing a few quests for each faction I truly couldn't decide who I wanted to keep alive and who I wanted to die. Wasn't even a yes man option where I could decide to do what I wanted with a handful of the minor factions.

I replayed new Vegas a dozen times because each faction had different benefits depending on what new build I'd make

Guess I'll just wait until obsidians a new fallout
>>
>>333475247
Forgot to add that I haven't gotten any ending because I completely dropped the game. At least the side quests were fun. And silver shroud character build was GOAT
>>
>>333473071
>Playing a video game for the story

I shiggy diggy.
>>
>>333466270
I found it pretty fun desu.
Messing around with various different robot combinations is neat.
>>
the dlc story was pretty short and forgettable the best thing about it is the random rustdevils spawning everywhere and being hostile to everything
really adds some randomness to a stale game
>>
I hope that we get a DLC that focuses on sea stuff.
Half of the map is fucking under water.
I want diving suits, aquatic mods for power armor (picture related), and fucking deep ones and shit.
There is not a single waterbound enemy in the game. The mirelurks just happen to live near water. I want the seas to have horrifying water beasts and shit.
>>
File: FO4-harpoongun.png (1 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
FO4-harpoongun.png
1 MB, 1440x810
>>333475941
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/20_Leagues_Under_the_Sea
>>
>>333476142
So we might get an undersea quest?
>>
>>333476251
Well, it was cut from the base game, so it's still possible. Some things cut from Fallout 3 were reintroduced in the DLC.
>>
>>333468003
Ismt heathfire the building DLC? Thats Wasteland Workshop
>>
>>333466270
>>
File: 1434765194470.jpg (32 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
1434765194470.jpg
32 KB, 530x298
>cut features to rush game, then promise them as vague " free content updates"
>release shitty, underwhelming game that even casuals have forgotten about after a month
>scramble to get season pass numbers up by "increasing the amount of dlc", while in reality it's more likely that Auto and WW were the promised updates
>pretend that Survival mode is totally what they meant when they promised more content, guys
>>
>>333468621
Bethesda's construction sets never let you add your own actor values. Skills are impossible to implement.
>>
>>333479131
I'm hoping that a script extender would do the trick.
>>
>>333472998
Its like the story was writen by a retard.
>>
>>333472998
It's like watching a retard trying to produce a coherent though.

You don't sign up right before the bombs drop.

You're told why the institute is capturing people.

Your son explains it was an experiment.

I'm done reading, this retard just blew through the game and expected it to explain everything via big fucking bold letters on a neon sign so his retarded ass couldn't miss it.

This is a prime example of why you don't listen to other /v/irgins, they're brain dead morons.
>>
>>333472998
>does not understand gameplay and story segregation
>oversimplifying points explained in the game
>apparently thinks that only because he's the head of the Institute/Minutemen they will follow him blindly and without hesitation even if this goes directly against their objectives
>>
>>333479806
You forgot
>Kellogg killed your wife/husband because he's a lunatic
>Father explains that your spouse wasn't suppossed to die but he was rather indifferent.
He also said that he had his own plans to get rid of Kellogg.
As for the purpose of the Institute as far as I understood it the latest Synths were a big experiment to repopulate the Wasteland, from an outside perspective they were in a dilemma playing with human lives but they were so detatched from the outside world they only had this ideal of a world before the war, like a not-so-crazy scientific branch of the Enclave.
>>
>>333480518
Yeah, if I cared enough to pick it entirely apart it would take 30 mins and that's far longer than this thread would last or time I am willing to commit to a shit posting retard.
>>
>>333480896
>ad hominem
>zero content post
You sure proved your point, friendo.
>>
>>333481208
I was talking about the original poster >>333472998
>>
>>333466270
Overpriced out of the ass. Should have been 5$ dollars at most, and even that's pushing it.
>>
>>333466270
A total waste of everyone's time

If they stopped being such greedy kikes and released the modding tools we could have made this months ago

But noooo, they have to scam console users as much as possible and hold PC back
>>
It was a good idea to buy it when it was for 60 bucks with the season pass.

No that changes nothing, but at least i didn't have to buy the season pass for 50
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.