[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't played this game in months because I got scared.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: alien_ripley.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alien_ripley.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
Haven't played this game in months because I got scared. I stopped right as I saw the alien but I'm wondering, are there facehuggers in the game?
I'm thinking about playing it again tonight.
>>
Yes there are
>>
>>333463518
Yes and they are instakill.
>>
yes

and similarly to Aliens, they don't fuck around
>>
This game is so fucking cool but yeah i'm also too scared to play it. I'm on Mission 5, hard mode
>>
>>333463943
>>333465042
>>333467256
Thanks guys. Now I'm even more scared to start playing it again
>>
>2014 video game
>pre rendered cutscenes

no fucking excuse for this bullshit
>>
>>333467845
The game itself looks good and I don't play on max settings or anything(thanks 660 ti)
>>
>>333463518
Facehuggers are there, but I never found them to be a problem until the very last part, and then you have plenty of ammo and plenty of checkpoints that are VERY close to one another.

I've played through all difficulties except the two that they patched in later.
>>
>>333468589
The alien is your worst enemy. Everything else pales in comparison.
>>
>>333463518

Play on Hard or don't play at all pussy. Also, the androids and alien will NOT fight each other which is utter bullshit.
>>
>>333463518
Yup and also this >>333465042.
>>
Was scared shitless until alien appeared, then magic disappeared, though i'm only on 7 mission.
>>
>>333470073
The alien is your bro. When asshole humans are in your way all you have to do is bang on the wall or toss a noisemaker and he'll get rid of them for you.
>>
>>333468236
Also runs like a charm. I got maxed FPS with an old i5 and a 970, but shit all else.
>>
>>333467704

The face huggers are scripted and only spawn once you walk over a certain line. They all make a loud screech to once they spawn so it's unlikely you'll get caught off guard more than once.
>>
>>333470561
actual spoilers
wait until you have two or three aliens around you later and they're more aggressive and don't give a fuck about your flamethrower, the magic will return
>>
>>333471669
Only because of terrible level design later on, that one part where you have to navigate the same winding corridor 3 times is only bearable when you don't bother with stealth and keep the alien at range with the flamethrower.
>>
>>333472274
Play on nightmare and the flamethrower crutch gets removed because the ammo is so scarce.
>>
>>333472661
Even on lower difficulties the more you use it against it the less effective it becomes. Like towards the end it won't shoo them away as quickly and even when it does they return pretty quickly after.
>>
>>333470319
Well they are programed by Apollo to leave the space niggers alone and the space niggers dont touch them because the are synthetic and not nomable . The only moment they kinda interact is when a Joe is chocking you and that ayyy is near, it will push aside the Joe to kill you himself.
>>
File: 1459982111868.jpg (66 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
1459982111868.jpg
66 KB, 850x565
>>333463518

PS VR support when
>>
Do working joes cooperate on higher difficulties? I just died to one that couldn't have spotted me cutting off my escape path from the other one that did.
>>
>>333474724
I would assume their AI is like a hivemind
>>
>>333473246

> dont touch them because the are synthetic and not nomable

Bullshit. Fucking utter bullshit. The queen in the Aliens movie destroys Bishop. They don't attack each other solely for gameplay reasons which is really disappointing. Instead of being able to bait the robots into a hallway with the alieum, they just fucking stare at each other and do nothing until you breath too loud and kill you. The only time you get to bait the alien is to attack humans and that happens literally only 2 times in the game.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.