[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else played this game? What did you think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 600x532
Who else played this game? What did you think of it?
>>
>>321858106
Thought it was damn good. One of the best legit blind purchases I've made in my life, the only other one coming close being Divinity Original Sin.

It had some flaws yeah (the long enemy turns, the multiplayer being horribly skewered towards like 4 characters, Dorothy being an absolutely worthless sack of shit) yeah, but what I found was a surprisingly challenging game with interesting scenarios and likable characters.

I beat it once, took a break, beat it again through merciless mode. Excellent.

Also Randolph da best.
>>
>>321858106
It was a great game with some problems.
My biggest problem is the fact that they teased a sequel that will probably never be made.
>>
>>321858106

best 3ds thing this year.

the one problem it had (long enemy turns) was fixed within like 2 weeks when they added the fast forward switch.

tom with shotgun is GOAT.
>>
>>321859206
It's biggest problem is that the advertisement for this game was shit to none
>>
>>321858106
I really enjoyed it honestly. It helps that I bought it after fast forwarding enemy turns was patched in.
>>
>>321859762
Same here. I really wish this game didn't get so extremely overlooked by the majority of people.
>>
>>321858106

iirc it didn't take long for the patch to come out. Which seems a bit strange. If it were such an easy fix I would've thought the game would launch like that. But then I don't know a thing of why it was that slow in the first place. Whether it's trully the 3ds' weakness or a dev fault.
>>
>>321860231
Perhaps the developers simply didn't see a problem in the game's pace for some reason. You would think they would, but based on what we know this is probably the case.
>>
File: squidward.jpg (53 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
squidward.jpg
53 KB, 599x449
>>321858106

>the fucking endless sea of shitposts over the artstyle.
>>
How were the Fire Emblem characters in it? They at least get dialog to fit them into the game? Were they any good?
>>
>>321858106
Didnt like it. Felt like a sloppy xcom with awful visuals and extremely casual.
>>
>>321860904
at least we finally know what reverse weeaboo anime style looks like
>>
>>321860904
I still remember the behind the scenes announcement and /v/ reacting to comments describing it.
>srpg
wow
>plays like valkyria chronicles
holy shit!
>cthulu aliens
GOTYAY
>american comic art
SHIT BLUNDER CONFIRMED FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
I didn't play it, but boy did I love shitposting every thread prior to release into oblivion.
By the way, the artstyle is trash.
And didn't it literally sell only a few thousand copies in Japan and maybe 20k overseas? What a joke.
>>
>>321861945
No actually it was more like

>New Intelligent Systems IP
WOW GAME OF ALL TIME AMAZING

>Steampunk
The end. Nothing but shitposting upon shitposting upon shitposting. Even the artstyle got less shitposting initially compared to the shitposting the genre being steampunk got. People would not shut the fuck about it.

It wasn't until near release that the artstyle became the main focus of shitposting.
>>
File: Mamma mia!.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Mamma mia!.png
1 MB, 900x900
>>321862103
Barely a thousand in Japan.
>>
Reminds me a lot of the last story. Really cool idea, but since it's the first in the IP, some the design choices are...questionable to say the least. That said, very fun game. Decently challenging, even with the OP characters. To be honest I gave this game a pass because I put off by its aesthetics but it grows on you as you play. For reference I only played it after the fast forward patch. Not having fast forward sounds pretty miserable.

7/10 rip yet another Intelligent system's ip i want another go at.
>>
>>321858106
I find this game pretty fascinating. It's an interesting premise for a strategy game and the gameplay is pretty decent. The characters are likable to an extent. I like that they used both fictional and historical characters all while making it feel like I'm watching a Saturday morning cartoon. I'm really bummed out that this got overshadowed by other 3DS related content. Glad I chose to get it over Majora's Mask 3D during my spring break. Who knows, maybe Nintendo will make another game for this series to flourish, or they can pull an F-Zero and just give up on it altogether. Only time will tell.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.