[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the Xbone controller for PC games? I'm annoyed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: 31r+oIC2diL.jpg (13 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
31r+oIC2diL.jpg
13 KB, 500x281
How's the Xbone controller for PC games?

I'm annoyed at the Bluetooth lag I tend to get when using a DS4 wirelessly so I'm considering a new PC controller.
>>
>>333449916
I use it wired
Practically flawless except for the dpad, its in the wrong position
>>
>>333450057
That's encouraging.

Anyone use it wireless? I'm curious how reliable it tends to be.
>>
>>333449916

I use a wired xbox360 controller.

Works great!!!

Too cheap to get the xboxone controller but I do want it!
>>
I got one two weeks ago and it's great, I use the cable though, just need to update its firmware or it bugs out.
>>
>>333450365
Use mine wirelessly all the time, works great. Buy a set of rechargeable batteries for it though, the initial investment for it blows with the adapter and batteries sucks but overall I like it more than the ds4.

also this >>333450535
it needs the firmware update but it's simple to do
>>
>>333449916
Just buy a cheap no brand contoller. I bought one about 2 years ago and it still works perfectly
>>
File: souls and memes.jpg (512 KB, 1408x1318) Image search: [Google]
souls and memes.jpg
512 KB, 1408x1318
>>333449916

xb1 controller feels better than steam controller in my opinion

it also works with all the good games with zero configuration. xinput is used in all multiplat games

the feel of the actual controller is great. by far the best controller on the market. really really nice to have

you can also launch steam big picture with the home button (i do this on my wireless 360 controller)
but you need to disable the windows10 game bar. there are actually two settings you need to disable for big picture mode to launch.
you can control your entire PC with gamepad, you dont need shitty touchpad gimmicks like the steam controller has

big picture is sweet as hell, better than any console shit
PC is really the best gaymen platform
>>
Does the headphone jack on the Xbone controller work with Windows?
>>
>>333451147
This!!!

I need to know...
>>
>>333450923
>>333451132
How's the battery life on it? The fact that it doesn't come with rechargeable batteries seems kind of shitty to me, but if it's a better controller that works wireless more reliably I'll take that downside.
>>
>>333451147
I would avoid it
Most likely shit if it does
>>
>>333451375
I bought rechargeable batteries when I bought my xbone because I didn't want to deal with buying batteries, so I couldn't tell you. I'd just spend the extra $15 or whatever it is for them because you're going to end up paying that much for normal batteries anyways if you use it regularly
>>
>>333451147
>>333451331
>>333451404
It works great, I bought a cheap $20 headset for mine, it's all plug and play and the controller had the drivers for it already set up so there's no need to install or do anything, just plug it in
>>
>>333451375

game over 10 hrs a day, i would say over 650 hours of constant movement

it hardly uses any juice. im actually amazed at how efficient these gamepads are
but i only have the wireless 360 controller, i would assume it feels and operates exactly like the xb1 controller
>>
>>333451605
Should I get that play-and-charge kit? At that point it's only a few more bucks.
>>
>>333451710
Then why not just play with a cable?
>>
>>333451710
Yes, if you're going wireless, if you're going wired, just buy the wire. I got the recharge kit, because I was planning on getting wireless, but wired works great so I'm going to stick with wired, since the wire is pretty long.
>>
>>333451852
My goal is to sit on my couch and play on my TV. I've got a long enough HDMI cable that I can leave my PC across the room, but a controller cable that long would be pretty impractical.
>>
>>333451976
xbone uses a micro-usb, they're used for so many electronics now you can find them at many different lengths.

honestly if you want to be wireless just get a recharge kit, you can find them pretty cheap and it's worth the investment
>>
File: 7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg (73 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg
73 KB, 1500x1096
>>333451132
Wii U Pro is the perfect blend of xbone and DS4 2bh.
>>
>>333449916
I have bought a wired XBone controller.
Best controller I've ever played PC games with.
>>
Has anyone else used a PS4 controller with a Bluetooth dongle? I really want to make it work because I don't want to buy a new controller to play wireless on PC if I don't have to, but it drops connection JUST often enough, like once a day, that I'm always paranoid it's going to fuck me at the worst possible moment.

Anyone have a different experience or tips to make it work better, or should I just get an Xbone controller?
>>
If you use an xb1 controller wirelessly, it's going to have lag. But not as bad as Bluetooth. I'm guessing you're a casual if you still use wireless input devices
>>
>>333452760
Or I'm playing single-player games meant to work with a controller where the tiny wireless input lag isn't that big of a deal. It's not like I mean to use it as a full replacement for mouse/keyboard or something.
>>
>>333449916
Mine lasted about 5 months, the analog stick is fucked up now. That being said I use a dualshock 4 with ds4windows now and it works perfectly fine
>>
>>333452334
How do you use this for pc games
>>
>>333451687
>just plug it in
>ds4
I've had to use inputmapper for mine to work. Since Sony is adding remote play for windows and OS X, would there be the possibility of native drivers now?
>>
>>333449916
My 360 wired lasted for little time, around 6 months
Wouldn't recommend
>>
It's pretty solid. Only thing I hate is the angular design where the triggers are. For intense racing games I sometimes grip a little too hard and those edges fucking hurt.
>>
Ds4 for remote play only works in remote play. DS4 is also a pile of shit anyways idk why you would use it for PC games.
>>
>>333453724
Because I liked the DS4, but didn't mind fiddling with non-native solutions to get it to work. I'd probably by an xbone controller on sale if I get the chance, but that wireless dongle is well, x-box heug.
>>
>>333453129
WinUSoft with bluetooth adapter or a mayflash adapter.
>>
>>333454474
Do I need a Wii U to use the Wii U Pro Controller?

Technically no, but there have been reports of the Pro Controller being disconnected from the computer after some use and then maintaining a pattern of only staying connected for a few seconds upon reconnecting and the best fix for this is to sync the controller with a Wii U and then try again. I'm not sure why this happens but I would suggest only getting a Pro Controller if you have a Wii U, plan on getting a Wii U, or if you have access to a Wii U. It's a good console, I'd recommend it.
I am not buying a wiiu to use this controller, so no thanks.
>>
One downside of the Xbone controller (at least if you want to use it wirelessly) is that it's going to cost you like $30 more than the DS4 to get the same rough feature set.

>$64 on Amazon for Xbone controller + wireless dongle bundle
>$24 on top of that for recharge kit

Meanwhile, the DS4 has a rechargeable battery by default and all it takes to make it work wirelessly is a Bluetooth dongle (if your PC doesn't have internal Bluetooth).

So I guess the question is: is the Xbone controller $30 better/more reliable than the DS4?
>>
>>333454638
I haven't had any of these issues using the mayflash adapter and i dont own a Wii U.
>>
>>333454664
Bump for this question.
>>
>>333454664
Is the extra money worth not having the bluetooth lag? It really depends on your answer to this question, and which controller you prefer ergonomically.
>>
>>333457282
>bluetooth lag
This is a non issue unless you're super serious about competitive gaming with the controller, the input delay is not noticeable.
>>
>Bluetooth Lag

wut?

anyways, why don't you just use DS4tool and connect it via wire?
>>
>>333452334
Does it have analog ZR and ZL shoulder buttons, unlike the gamepad?
>>
You can literally plug your USB phone charger to your computer and it works like a wierd controller.

Are you that retarded
>>
>>333458746
>>333459134
What if he wants to play from across the room? If I were to do that, I'd need like a 25-foot micro USB cable which just isn't practical.
>>
>>333459217

then you go on Amazon and buy one for $5-$15
>>
>>333449916
I bought a used xbone controller and the dongle before getting my gaming laptop (inb4 memes). It works flawlessly. I should have bought the play and charge kit as well, but I skimmed out at the last minute. I plan on getting on this week
>>
Just buy an Oculus rift. It comes with a controller.
>>
>>333449916
It's great, just buy some electrical tape to put over the blinding xbox light if you like playing games in the dark
>>
>>333449916
i haven't tried the xbox one controller but I'm very happy with the 360 controller one of the great joys of being a pc gaming use any controller
>>
>>333450057
By wrong you mean right?
>>
Hey anons, i am currently using DS4 for PC, is there an alternative that isn't an xbone controller? The triggers are the most retarded things ive ever had to experience on a controller, it'd be nice to have a controller that is a nice mix of the xbone and pee station
>>
>>333465327
I should also stipulate that the reason i am considering a switch is coz bluetooth cant hold up a connection for shit past like 5 feet if that
>>
I use a cable.

The good thing about it is that it's natively supported by everything since it's a microsoft product.
>>
>>333465327

A stick?
>>
>>333465327
Wii U pro plus mayflash adapter
>>
Is the analog press any better than the x360 controller? I hate pressing the analogs on the 360 one, it feels like it's gonna broke. Haven't tried the xbox one controller yet but i tried the DS4 on a PS4 and feels way better.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.