[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - Madagascar Preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 26177941905_b55a27ddcb_o.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
26177941905_b55a27ddcb_o.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
What's do you think of the power of the Playstation 4, /v/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nfXqffvyc
>>
Their eyebrow movements are strange. Shit animation.
>>
>>333449656

That is cinematic as fuck
>>
I know this thread will be filled with shitposting in the next 5 minutes but the tons of unique dialogue and open area exploration actually looks like the most "next gen" thing I've seen out of this generation.
>>
>>333449656
>What's do you think of the power of the Playstation 4
>>333449656
>power of the Playstation 4

when know youre shitposting when you use buzzwords like that
>>
>>333449940
it's not unique though, literally everyone will get them
>>
There will be nothing till next god of war game that will compete with its graphics
>>
>>333450250
also it's annoying as fuck
>>
Have they added any gameplay? UC would've been perfect for a Zelda style game, especially using a rope or something instead of muh climbing
>>
>>333449656

Looks pretty fucking scripted and boring.

Especially apparent when every little thing they did while driving had some little comment.
>>
File: 1458940619212.gif (447 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
1458940619212.gif
447 KB, 245x175
>waterfall
>>
File: 1417920307714.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1417920307714.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>>333449656
never been a fan of the shooting mechanics in Uncharted. Most enemies felt like bullet sponges and the weapons just felt generic. Headshots at times would never register. It did improved in Uncharted 3 but gunplay still felt boring. Only reason to play Uncharted is for the characters, story, puzzles and climbing, those aspects were fun to me.

Seems like this new game has fixed all those issues I had before. That rope swing + superman punch looks cool. Also, it seems ND refined the stealth alot, reminds me of Phantom Pain.
>>
>>333449656
Looks way more open than previous Uncharted titles, and I'm not saying that because of the driving section. The stealth part at the very end of the game was really huge.

I'm sure /v/ will still call it linear, though.
>>
File: HAAjmvG.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HAAjmvG.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>333449656
>Troy Baker's half assed New England accent
>reused monkey animation from The Last of Us
>>
>>333450631
rope is literally a gimmick
you're going to see that fucking animation a million times per playthrough
>>
TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>333450807
Moving your character around is just a gimmick, you'll see that walking animation a million times per paythrough
>>
Looks pretty fun, voice acting sounds weird though, couldn't tell who was talking between Baker and North several times

Looks like they've upped their stealth mechanics too which is nice, obviously not on a level of mgs or splinter cell, but it's getting there

The rope looks a little awkward though, especially when he was climbing the tower, can see a lot of near misses occuring from that

might pick it up later this year when its cheaper, uncharted is fun
>>
>>333452321
I'm shocked it took this long. The stealth in 2 and 3 can't even be considered passable, despite all the good stealth games that Naughty Dog could have looked at to draw inspiration from. One thing I noticed in the video is how far the camera actually pulls back from Drake when you need to look at the environment. This kind of thing is imperative in a stealth game to be able to see as much as you can before coming out of cover.
>>
>>333452060
Reductio ad absurdum and a strawman? epic my friend.
>>
>>333453946
You didn't exactly give your reason for the rope being a gimmick.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.