[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After playing nothing but mainstream RPGs like TES and Fallout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Neera.jpg (20 KB, 194x300) Image search: [Google]
Neera.jpg
20 KB, 194x300
After playing nothing but mainstream RPGs like TES and Fallout I decided to give Baldur's Gate 2 a try. I'm really enjoying it, but I always feel like I'm doing magic wrong.

How do I git gud?
>>
>>333445575
OP you cuck why did you skip the first game in a two part saga.
>>
>>333446105
Someone just told me to start with it, it was on sale so I said why not. Is the first one as good/better than the first? Growing up none of my friends said much about it.
>>
>>333446272
BG2 is arguably one of the best RPGs ever made and expands on the first in just about every way but the first one is still worth playing. Lots of exploration heading to towns unlike BG2 and it's a low level adventure. You definitely should start from the beginning and get Unfinished Business to restore cut content. For BG2 you should download the fixpack(if you're playing non EE), Ascension, and Wheels of Prophecy. Ascension was made by one of the devs and there's no reason not to get it.
>>
>>333446463
I'll get that as soon as it goes on sale, but in the meantime any tips? I really like this game but it doesn't hold your hand at all. I love that but damn I don't understand how to best use magic.
>>
So which monk kit is most fun? Sun Soul Dark Moon or original?
>>
>>333446648
Just pirate it anon. What level are you and what class? Magic missile is great for stunning mages, stoneskin is good for defense, fireball does good instant AoE damage, and cloudkill is great for maximum cheesing. Haste is a lifesaver and later on you'll end up tuning your memorized spells to whatever encounters you face to protect from specific spells. I'm a big fan of insect swarm for druids to deal with multiple mages.
>>
>After playing nothing but mainstream RPGs I decided to give this mainstream RPG a try
>>
>>333446846
Monk is all suffering all the time. Pick any and have fun Anon.
>>
I bought Baulders Gate EE when it was like $5 shekels the other week, I'm kind of understanding it for the most part but I was wondering if I go to another chapter does that mean all the previous quests are unavailable? I started Chapter 2 and killed the dude in the mine and suddenly I was in Chapter 3 and my journal got wiped out. Also is it better to solo or get a lot of partners? I noticed that you don't seem to level up a lot, my first few tries I would get destroyed being level 1 in Chapter 2. But I also am extremely new to the franchise
>>
>>333447715
No they're still available. Max out your party by the way there's no reason to have less than 6 people because your XP will most likely eventually hit the cap.
>>
>>333447715
>my journal got wiped out
Just turn the previous page, all the quest are still here and available.
>Also is it better to solo or get a lot of partners
Full group is better, you will get exp cap anyway.
>>
>>333447715
Chapters are nothing more than progress markers in the main quest. Experience is split equally among all party members and partying is the recommended playstyle as BG1 especially has a pretty low level cap and you'll hit it pretty early if you try to solo. Soloing is pretty easy though after you know what you're doing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.