[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Current State of TF2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: reaction 106.jpg (3 KB, 83x125) Image search: [Google]
reaction 106.jpg
3 KB, 83x125
Anyone else think TF2 has hit a sort of low point? I've payed it for over 3 years now, so I'm by no means an oldfag for tf2, but since I've started playing things have gotten a bit less interesting. From 2012 to 2014 was super rad, stronghold stuff wasn't fascinating, but it existed. Summer 2014 was cool, finally adding more taunts, but the "TF:GO" stuff is kinda uninteresting with all the new types of cosmetics that are fuggin weird, as well as all the weapon changes like jesus christ... I miss the axtinguisher or the reworked short circuit, or the gunslinger when it wasn't a croc of shit.

Anyone else feel the same
>ITT: OP is a whiny bitch
>>
Agreed

Can't even pick up weapons for ammo now, have to drop ammo boxes and look like a bad server mod
>>
I haven't really been able to play TF2 since f2p, the playerbase shifted so dramatically that I just felt like I didn't belong anymore.
>>
>>333440998
I don't like playing it either but I'm bored of video games, and too stupid and lazy to do anything else. So I play more Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>333443704
Yup. The player base is now 12 year olds and bronies
>>
>>333444363
>>333443704
This
I AM a tf2 oldfag (regretably) and there was a marked shift in player demographic and doucheness
>>
>>333444363
>12 year olds and bronies
Don't forget all the cringey as fuck anime avatars.
>>
>>333444363
I barely see any of these people around in public matches. There have been a lot of people that I've played with in this game that sound over the age of 18 and sound like cool people and not brony faggots.
>>
>>333440998
Maybe it's about time for TF3, just to have a fresh start with new characters, gameplay perks and maybe even a few more classes?

With, of course the ability to download all your previous cosmetics and such from the previous game. It would be bullshit if you couldn't.
>>
2013-2014 was probably TF2 worst years but since we've had some great balance patch updates,a good Halloween update since Lakeside_event, a community update that while wasn't particularly good managed to learn the mistakes from previous community updates and comp literally coming any day now it's been doing better.

We've probably won't ever get a repeat of 2009, objectively the greatest year for TF2 with War!, Sniper Vs. Spy and Engie update but the past year has been showing a slow rise, and who knows we won't ever have another WAR! but if the devs finally start paying attention again we might get another Mann Vs. Machine.
>>
File: 1458699813129.gif (1 MB, 534x408) Image search: [Google]
1458699813129.gif
1 MB, 534x408
>>333440998
HERE IS HOW TO FIX BUFFALO STEAK:

(POSITIVE)
>On consumption: gain Minicrits, 108% move speed, and +3 health per second regeneration while under weapons effects for 30 seconds

>-60% consumption time

(NEGATIVE)
>User is restricted melee while under effects.
Switching to primary while under effects will remove all buffs, deal 75 damage to the user, and make the users heals at -80% with accuracy being decreased by 35% for 6 seconds. Switching will also remove any overheal the user currently has before taking the 75 damage

(OTHER)
>By hitting the reload button while under the weapons effects, the heavy may perform a jump with 160% increased height. This has a cooldown of 3 seconds.

So with this the weapon is now a tanking tool as it should be, with some slight utility to mix up the heavies gameplay (as a healer via right-click and a mobile roamer with the manic jump) while still maintaining the original premise of the weapon, and not blurring class lines.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.