[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paper Mario - Color Splash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
>waiting for a good Paper Mario game since 2007
>nintendork decides the new game should be in the same style of that Sticker Star shit
Why live?
>>
If there is one thing Nintendo is good at is to not listen to their fans.
>>
>>333438538
Looked pretty fun to me
>>
>>333438618
Explain Starfox 0
>>
>>333438538
>since 2007
Good for you. For me it's since 2004.
>>
>>333439131
Good for you. For me it's since 1986.
>>
Mario & Luigi is their Mario RPG franchise now. Honestly it is kind of redundant to have both, though I liked how TTYD was more traditional than M&L.

It does kind of suck, but with sales the way they are, you can't blame Nintendo for cutting out the franchise that sells worse. If they're gonna spend the money on a niche game I'd rather they do something other than Paper Mario.

Paper Jam was Nintendo saying "Sorry guys, the Paper Mario IP holds basically no value, so we're trying to salvage it by making it as casual as possible. Here's a going away present" but nobody bought that in America despite addressing everything people bitched about in Dream Team.
>>
>>333438738
A devolution from Assault.
>>
>>333439131
SPM was different but still very good, it was Sticker Star that started the downfall.
>>
>>333441034
Honestly I'm just wondering why they took the more traditional RPG and made it the 'Action Adventure' when Mario and Luigi could've worked far better.

Think about it, the battles are mostly action based anyways. Taking away the EXP wouldn't change much on the whole 'learn enemy patterns and counterattack' M&L has.

Just as long as, while Bro Items are limited, the jump and hammer are still usable (Unlike stickers, cough cough,) I'd say it'd have worked out way better. That's just me though.
>>
Taneba's revenge for shitting on metroid: FF without even playing it

have fun
>>
>>333443972

>I'll just make a shitty game that no one will want to buy so we'll lose sales and make less profit! That'll show them!

silly bitch
>>
File: 2ec[1].png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
2ec[1].png
208 KB, 327x316
>>333444119
>mario game
>no one will buy

keep dreaming

Taneba has us by the balls
>>
>>333441039
Assault is 70% shit
>>
>>333441039
if by "devolve" you mean removes all the garbage, both gameplay and character wise, and expands on the good then yeah
>>
>>333443972
>made a shit game unintentionally
>people hate it, rightfully so
>get angry at negative reception
>made a shit game intentionally
Taneba is a fucking retard.

>>333444194
I'm not buying that garbage unless some major overhauls are done.
>>
>>333444486
how do you know it's shit? have you played it?
>>
>>333438642
you don't have an eye for quality, so your opinion's worth as much as a toddler's
>>
>>333444559
A multiplayer game with generic space marines in a chibi artstyle with 2004-tier DS graphics. Oveerworld and dungeon quality is sacrificed for co-op gameplay. This is a spit in the face to Metroid fans.

At least like it die with dignity like F-Zero.
>>
>>333444660
What about it didn't look quality?
>>
>>333443476
>SPM was different but still very good
stop this meme, the platforming was shit, constant speed, floaty physics, broken as fuck bosses, shitty flip gimmick, garbage partners, awful combat and powerups. it wasn't a good game. it's better than stickerstar, but that doesn't make it a good game.
>>
Why does Nintendo hate the few people left who still like Nintendo?
>>
>>333445095
They just don't know what they're doing wrong since instead of telling them people shitpost on a moonrune saladboard
>>
File: 456976560.jpg (204 KB, 1368x910) Image search: [Google]
456976560.jpg
204 KB, 1368x910
>>333445095
Because those people who still like Nintendo cling to an era of Nintendo that no longer exists

Paper Mario and TTYD are too cerebral for a new audience that's only played SPM or SS, and you can't deny that it's a lot easier mechanic-wise to develop an "RPG" in comparison to an actual RPG like the first two were, and those interviews that always get posted reveal what looks like a really aloof staff and Miyamoto when it comes to making something like the originals, or just anything that looks like "effort"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.