[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: kav7fo5ibbhtr2d6o37g.jpg (200 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
kav7fo5ibbhtr2d6o37g.jpg
200 KB, 1600x1200
What went wrong?
>>
Realised all spinoff titles after the second on multiple platforms and are trying to release the true sequal over a decade later after the original fan base has matured and moved on

[/spoiler]im gonna buy it regardless and when the retailer questions why a 23 year old is buying this kids shit I'll shrug and say I have to finish it
>>
>>333437113
Linear as hell compared to the first game
Story raised more questions than answers
Combat is fun for the most part though
>>
>>333437113
Slow as fuck start
>>
>>333437113
It ended
>>
>>333437113

KH 2 was fantastic gameplay wise. additonal forms, combos, etc

story wise it was garbage

also they didn't incorporate multiplayer, which is odd, wouldn't be particularly difficult to allow a 2nd player to take hold of goofy or donald
>>
i honestly don't know what the fuck is even going on in kingdom hearts anymore, i can't pinpoint where it went wrong
>>
>>333439097
What do you need help figuring out anon.
>>
>>333437690
What made it more linear than 1? They both had about the same number of branching paths and 2 had by far the most optional stuff that could be done whenever, especially if we're talking FM.
>>
>>333437113
Nothing. Kingdom Hearts 2 is amazing and still has some of the most satisfying combat in a game I've ever had.
I also enjoy the Roxas bit at the start more than the rest of the game because the idea of living in Twilight town and just hanging out with your friends is so peaceful and relaxing it can take away just how empty your own life is. Also Roxas is a much more likeable character than Sora, which is what made 358/2 Days actually playable.
>>
For those who care, /khg/ is back.
>>
File: latest[1].png (188 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
188 KB, 500x600
In order for kairi's arc to be more pronounced, she should have fought something bigger than a shadow at the end. Maybe discover some light attack that gave her more immediate confidence as a fighter, but not too much. Just enough for the setup towards 3 to be better.
>>
>>333439958
>/vg/
fuck off there then, you fucking faggot
>>
>>333439902
>spoiler

I totally agree, except about the Roxas being more likeable than Sora. It's among my favorite opening segments to games.
>>
>>333440159
Nah.
>>
>>333440004
That wasn't the question.
>>
I would have completed a lot more playthroughs if it wasn't for Roxas's boring prologue. Something about it just kills my desire to keep playing.
>>
>>333440528
The whole thing can be blazed through in less than an hour if you skip cutscenes.
>>
File: trio_by_mrlipschutz-d4in3is.jpg (84 KB, 900x562) Image search: [Google]
trio_by_mrlipschutz-d4in3is.jpg
84 KB, 900x562
>>333440190
The thing about Roxas for me is that, despite being constantly told about Nobodies not having emotions, he displays far more emotion that Sora does in the short time that you know him. Sure that might just be because he has Ventus' heart but still.
Plus, add in everything from 358/2 Days on top of that and you genuinely feel bad for him. He has character development where as Sora is more or less the same kid he was in KH1, which isn't a bad thing but it doesn't really give you much to work with.
>>
>>333437113
The story went to shit in KH2.

KH1 was good and GBA CoM had decent gameplay and story, then KH2 started to forget integrating gameplay with the plot and every game since has had a shit story. Technically speaking they're all fine games to play. The story is just atrocious now and Nomura has the audacity to claim KH3 is merely the Xehanort saga? Yeah fuck off and stick with one main idea instead of going all over the place.
>>
>>333441232

The ending to 358/2 just about broke my heart. You have a guys who has spent most of his life being a slave finally breaking free of his chains and then getting dumpsters by the 3rd biggest fag in the franchise for DARKNESS related reasons. Then he basically gets put on a sacrificial altar to bring back the Hero of the story. Christ. Short end of the fuckin' stick.

The final, "and then my summer vacation is over" line is really sinister. He's going to die! Horrible fate.

The fact that he's a pretty enjoyable protagonist really turns the knife.

Hopefully him and Namine get to bang in the spirit world for the rest of eternity as compensation for how much their brief existence sucked.
>>
>>333442409
*the end of the Xehanort saga
>>
>>333442415
I'm hoping when Ventus' heart is returned to him he retains Roxas's memories and it's sort of like having a split personality.
>>
>>333443340

Still, that's pretty shitty compensation for having your autonomy taken away from you.
>>
>>333441232
Well in KH1 sora went through his character development.

Remember he was pretty much sad most of the time that he can't find his friends, and that Riku was being pissy with him. Hollow Bastion emphasizes this the most
>>
>>333440409
How so? It's a very minor part of "what went wrong." I could generally say a lot of the characterization, but I wanted to focus on one aspect.
>>
>>333443449
Maybe, but he'd be 'himself' then. Hell, maybe the way Roxas acted is how Ventus was before having his heart split in two.

>>333443647
Oh yeah, that's fair. I have a hard time remember that point of the game because as a kid I couldn't complete it. The concept of using magic/running from fights when I had the Wooden Sword was too much for my tiny brain.
>>
Spreading the series out on like 30 different platforms.

Each successive game making the story more and more retarded and convoluted to the point where "everyone who isn't Sora is Xehanort, everyone who isn't Xehanort is Sora."
>>
>>333444851
Yeah that makes it all a little inaccessible.
>>
File: 1441259970155.jpg (558 KB, 763x1100) Image search: [Google]
1441259970155.jpg
558 KB, 763x1100
>>
>>333437435
i dont think anyone would question someone for buying a numbered continious storyline game. especially one with as big a time gap between games as kingdom hearts. they'd have to be pretty ignorant of when the first was released
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.