[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: ultra-street-fighter-iv-cover.jpg (289 KB, 1000x1064) Image search: [Google]
ultra-street-fighter-iv-cover.jpg
289 KB, 1000x1064
So this will probably be in my mail tomorrow (PS3 version). What can I expect from it?

Last fighting game that I played to death was Alpha 3. Only played Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the regular Street Fighter 4 once or twice afterwards

Is this any good or did I spend my 10€ for nothing?

Street Fighter and fighting game thread I guess. What are good fighting games at the moment, preferably for the PS3 (if possible)?
>>
Why did you buy the version nobody plays anymore?
>>
>>333433386
Shitton of characters.
Loads of couch fun
Online is shit.
>>
File: 1457378001389.png (15 KB, 139x150) Image search: [Google]
1457378001389.png
15 KB, 139x150
>>333433386
blog somewhere else faggot
>>
>>333433386
>What can I expect from it?
more characters then SFV
2 different sets of trials
car crusher and barrel destriyer
>>
>>333433386
Number one. SF4 sucks dick
Number two. Nobody plays this version anymore because it's on ps4, pc and most importantly SFV is out right now.
Number three. If you're into not shit anime games Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is out in early June and it'll be on ps4 and ps3 with crossplay. Other then that not much I could recommend that hasn't been out for a long time already for the PS3
>>
>>333433748
i play with people all the time on PS3 version and i hear PS4 port has problems.
>>
Iyou should've just bought V, or third strike.
IV is going to be dead for at least a year.
>>
>>333433490

I know people will laugh at me but I can do with single player and versus mode

I don't want to update my PS3 because I want to put a fucking ODE in it someday so.... yeah
>>
>>333433548

that's what I figured anyway. I'm way too late so I'd probably be destroyed playing online anyway. didn't play actively for like 6-7 years

>>333433650

>more characters then SFV

is SFV really THAT bad as people make it out to be? I mean different can be fun too. What I don't like is that they removed the story mode for the release, seems pretty bullshit to add stuff as time goes by. I fucking hate add-ons and dlcs
>>
>>333434217
The core gameplay in SFV is fucking awesome and the roster is great since all characters feel different and unique. It's everything else what is lacking.
>>
>>333433748

> If you're into not shit anime games Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

used to play Guilty Gear back in the day, especially the GBA version, which I thought was fun as fuck. if that shit is released in europe, I'll definitely give that a go

>Other then that not much I could recommend that hasn't been out for a long time already for the PS3

just recommend me some stuff. haven't played any other games anyway so....

>>333433898

don't have a PS4 and my PC is shit even though that's probably a huge understatement
>>
>>333434050
Well it's valid I guess, but it will get very stale very soon.
>>
>>333433386
At least you didn't buy the monstrosity of the PS4 port. I want to own that fucker but never update it to see how fucked up it truly is.
>>
>>333434472

I had a lot of fun playing with my little brothers on their 3DS so this will probably be loads of fun too, especially when I play it with other friends

played Marvel vs. Capcom online and I really don't like the anonymous online play when it comes to fighting games. I need someone beside me who will freak the fuck out while being destroyed
>>
should have just ordered melee
>>
>>333434992

literally the only fighting game I could never and probably never will get into

the controls are disgusting and not really fighting game worthy in my eyes. I just don't get the love for it even though I have nothing against people playing the game daily
>>
>>333433386
lol
>>
>>333433878
ps4 version is basically the 360 version now, all side tournaments use the ps4 version of sf4.
>>
>>333433386
I still play USF4 on PC because SF5 is quite literally unplayable. It takes 5-10 minutes to find a match, then when you jump into it you're matched against some Vietnamese faggot on dial up because the game doesn't tell you where your opponent is from before it's too late. Even if you get matched against someone in the same country there's still a 50/50 chance the match will have unplayable lag.
>>
>>333433386
You can expect a defensive as fuck game, 50/50s, rewards for taking a beating, and a system designed to mash out a light hit confirm into massive damage.

You can expect to want a real fighting game after this.
>>
>>333435558

>You can expect to want a real fighting game after this.

for example?
>>
>>333435884
dead or alive last round :^)
>>
>>333435884
SF2, 3
KoF
BB
>>
>>333434393
Well good news cause Revelator seems like the first time Arcsystemworks isn't fucking over Europe for once since it comes out the same time as the North american release.

Anyway some games to recommend is I guess Street Fighter Third Strike online edition on PS3. Netcode isn't as good as the Xbox version, but it's still really damn good regardless since it's GGPO. If you're thinking about a 3D fighter, Tekken Tag 2 has loads of content although the tag feature makes the game pretty exploitable like all games with a tag mechanic. Fun game to play casually. Less casually you'd play something like Vitrua Fighter 5. One of the best games that nobody plays. Not even myself that often honestly. Other then that, nothing really else off the top of my head. I'm sure others will give out better suggestions then I.
>>
>>333436243

cmon, you can't honestly think that SF2 is a better game than USF4
>>
File: 1453253940793.png (381 KB, 539x405) Image search: [Google]
1453253940793.png
381 KB, 539x405
X360CE isn't working for me since I reinstalled windows, how the fuck do I get a PS3 controller to work for Street Fighter 5?
>>
>>333437006
This is what I like about /v/'s FG threads. The kids and scrubs make themselves easy to spot.
>>
Why the fuck have you just bought this? What are you gonna get next? Fifa 2011? Fuck off
>>
>>333437249

jesus christ, why don't you list your arguments instead of shitposting?

I would be able to understand you thinking SSF2 Turbo was better but SF2?
>>
>>333437393
SF2 is the term used to describe that whole line of games, usually Turbo or HDR. The same way people refer to USF4 as SF4 or sometimes just SF. You're generally talking about the best iteration and just abbreviating.
>>
>>333437727

I don't think those differences are that clear nowadays, especially with games where character moves are fixed in every iteration etc
>>
>>333433386

why not just keep playing alpha 3?
>>
>>333439529
No, they are. You'll notice a lot of people talking about "street fighter" and they're clearly referencing the later iteration, not the very first one ever made.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.