[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/uncha rted_4/news/naughty_dog_
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1292465842328.jpg (21 KB, 393x360) Image search: [Google]
1292465842328.jpg
21 KB, 393x360
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/uncharted_4/news/naughty_dog_wont_push_uncharted_4_to_60fps_if_it_compromises_player_experience.html

I don't get it, why don't they just come out and say we value graphical fidelity over our game running smoothly ?
>>
>why don't companies tell the truth all the time

gee anon with that radical thinking you should be in politics
>>
Because no one cares about what 60FPS means

Thanks to the DMCfaggots that whined about DmC without explaining why, now every dev, journalist and normie unironically believes 60FPS is about looking smooth instead of a more precise input in action games.
>>
>>333433090
That was their original marketing pitch but the guy behind it was mysteriously laid off.
>>
>>333433263
you are the kind of sarcastic asshole one can't help but love
>>
It's a shitty cinematic 3rd person action game, it's not like it needs 60fps.
>>
>>333433090
>we aren't going to improve the player experience if it ruins the player experience

sounds like they're just lazy

this PS4 is supposed to be this all powerful console and they're admitting its either not that powerful or they're not taking advantage of it, probably the former
>>
>>333433090
I really don't see why companies try to defend these decisions in the way they do. I'd have so much more respect if they'd just tell the fucking truth and say they care more about graphics than gameplay.

Still wouldn't buy their games, but at least they wouldn't be seen as horrible liars. I mean, really. I doubt even normalfags would buy this bullshit excuse nowadays.
>>
>>333434089

The problem isn't that the game is in 30 FPS

The problem is the developer is quite obviously lying about the reason WHY it's 30FPS
>>
>>333433090
>brag about how great and amazing the PS4 is
>can't make a 60fps game because of bullshit reasons
>post lies and bullshots of the game
you know this game is gonna be crap when they're already falsely advertising it
>>
>>333434281
This

its not that the PS4 can't do 60fps, its the fucking devs that are too lazy to do it
>>
>>333434416
Customers (casuals) don't give a shit about performance if the game looks nice.

It's not that devs don't care, it's that casual dipshits don't care. If people demanded it, devs would do it.
>>
>>333434631
They're obviously demanding it if the devs actually had to talk about it
>>
>>333434745
You know as well as I do that it's just a small minority, the overwhelming amount of people interested in Uncharted 4 don't really give a shit about responsive gameplay.
>>
>>333435031
>a small minority
this is obviously a larger than a minority if the devs actually acknowledged that population
>>
People want GRAPHICS to justify that the console is current-gen. Having a high framerate on a console game means it will look more like it is a last gen title.
>>
>>333433090
>Removed Dount skin
>"30 fps is the future"
>Don't even bother with Jak and Daxter

ND can go choke on a monkey just like Telltale.
Give a man a few GOTYs and he thinks he's Shakespeare.
>>
>>333435159
Are you serious? Just because the devs acknowledge a minority doesn't mean that group isn't a minority.
>>
>No Amy
>No Donut Drake
>No 60FPS
Might as well cancel the game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.