[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever bought a game at full price? Do you regret it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1458880240864.jpg (36 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1458880240864.jpg
36 KB, 500x348
Have you ever bought a game at full price?
Do you regret it?
>>
countless
>>
One of my worst release day purchase decisions.
>>
File: 1418022170192.png (113 KB, 245x258) Image search: [Google]
1418022170192.png
113 KB, 245x258
I preordered Duke Nukem: Forever balls of steel edition.

Evidently I learned the hard way not to preorder.
>>
yes

sometimes
>>
>>333421708
https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
>>
Battlefield 4 for PS3. Played it for a couple of hours and put it away.
I regret it
>>
Saki (Vita)
Onechanbara Z2
DOAX3

Don't regret it one bit. They all delivered what they promised and more.
>>
File: 1455127640963.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1455127640963.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
No.
The only games I buy at full price are those where:
>I've looked at a variety of gameplay footage and thus know exactly what I'm getting
or
>The track record of the developer and/or series is consistent enough to the point where I know what to expect

i.e., I buy some Musou games at full-price or close-to full price because Koei are very consistent with the games. I only judge them on the number of movesets/characters available.

I also often buy Nintendo games at full-price or close-to full price.
>Splatoon had a demo
>Hyrule Warriors was a musou
>Watched plenty of Xenoblade X footage before deciding to buy
etc.

So I've pretty much never regretted a purchase because I always break the 1:1 £-to-hour ratio. Either within the first week or two, or over a longer period.

Anybody who buys full price without doing research is an objective moron.

Also I'm assuming by "full-price" you mean between £30 and £40.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26 KB, 164x201) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26 KB, 164x201
Not even underrage, but I never bought a single videogame in my entire life. In the 90's I rented and from the 00s onwards I pirated all my shit.

Only game I actually owned was a Star Wars Racer cartridge that came with my N64.
>>
>>333421937
Im still disappointed, mad and sad a the same time every time someone mention this game
>>
Yeah, some.
>Assassin's Creed (PS3)
Didn't enjoy it, never played any of the sequels.
>Gears of War (PC)
Games for Windows Live and the game fucking up audio and visuals constantly. Never made it past the gasoline station with the Stranded.

>Fallout 3 (PS3)
Thie game itself was fun but the PS3 port was unstable on my system, so I put it off and ended up playing it on the computer later on.

>
>>
The only games I ever buy at full price are Nintendo games, and only physical versions.

I mean it's not like they're ever gonna come down in price any time soon, unless they get a reprint.
>>
>>333421708
portal 2, yes. regretted it deeply
>>

Silent Hill: Homecoming
Brink
Dead Rising 3
>>
>>333423132
Forgot to include:
>NFL something can't remember
Was for me and my girlfriend at the time. She wasn't into all the games i was so i picked this up randomly when i remembered her having a packers tee, so i assumed football was her thing

samefag of course
>>
>>333421708
Civ 5, Yes, because it didn't run on my OS for like a week until it got patched.
>>
>>333423091
>tfw I like to listen my fellow piratefags stories but my threads used to get shitposted to oblivion.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.