[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ claims to love games that don't hold your hand and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1448421597570.png (338 KB, 1200x1102) Image search: [Google]
1448421597570.png
338 KB, 1200x1102
>/v/ claims to love games that don't hold your hand and games with competitive high skill ceilings that you have to "git gud" at, as well as games with no RNG bullshit, only skill.
>Still doesn't play or even hates fighting games which contains ALL of these things.

Wowowowowowowowow.
>>
>posting loli

UGH rot in hell pedo.
>>
I play melee, it has the highest skill ceiling,
>>
If it has command inputs, it's shit.

t. RTS player
>>
all gaylee and smashfags please go to your containment boards:
>>>/vr/
>>>/mlp/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>333414165
I'm like this. I don't hate fighting games but I find them boring. I want to explore while fighting.
>>
/v/ only boasts about being hardcore when it comes to single player games where they remain unchallenged. As soon as you put them into the constantly changing pace of competitive 1v1 games where they becoming exposed as being shit at vidya, they fall back on their famous rhetoric, "tryhard" "tourneyfag" "autist".
>>
File: 1459129790774.jpg (194 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459129790774.jpg
194 KB, 900x675
>>333414259
>>
When I played SF4, I didn't really feel like it had a particularly "high" skill ceiling. If you played for thousands of hours everything is committed to muscle memory and you will trash anyone that doesn't play much.

I could be delusional, but fuck it. I don't think a game that requires hundreds of hours of devotion to be skill based.
>>
>>333414165
What were you expecting from people who don't even play video games? These children will watch other people play games and then pretend like they know what they're talking about.
>>
Because fighting games are also nigger, wigger, chink and manchild infested shit, down to the last one. I need a redpilled white man's sport to call my own.
>>
>>333414456
this

this is certainly very accurate and can be applied to any person who only plays single player games and considers himself better than everyone
unless hes a speed runner which i highly respect
>>
>>333414456
when i lose in multiplayer games its usually due to lag
>>
>>333414165
May come as a surprise, but there's more than one person posting on this board. Incredible, I know, but it's true.
>>
>>333414882
That's just straight racism.
>>333414456
This 100%. They claim they're so great for playing Dark Souls but anything actually competitive that you can't cheat at, they can't play.
>>
It was gonna be a good opinion until you brought up fighting games.

Many fighting games are fine, but the FGC is cancer.
>>
File: 1454185419233.gif (2 MB, 450x286) Image search: [Google]
1454185419233.gif
2 MB, 450x286
>waaah waaah I choose not to play fighting games because muh community
Bullshit, its because most of you faggots never leave your house. If you did, you'd realize that IRL tournament behavior is nothing like twitch memes and online shitposting, as should be known to anyone who isn't a socially awkward moron.
>>
File: 1459129686288.jpg (181 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459129686288.jpg
181 KB, 900x675
>>333414456
tryhard tourney autist detected
>>
>>333414165
Most people who play fighting games are pretty bad it, so no, they don't require skill.
>>
File: 1456297659544.jpg (25 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1456297659544.jpg
25 KB, 500x381
>>333415470
>playing fighting games online
>>
/v/ fucking sucks super bad.

There I said it.
>>
>>333418196
Said what, people always knew /v/ was shit at games.

You know why the /v/ is always mad meme exists? Because shitty anons can't handle any challenge and shitpost their frustrations away.
>>
>>333414165
Why do fighting games faggots have such huge ego's compared to people who play other competitive games, when their games are the bottom barrel in the competitive gaming scene? Pretty much any other competitive game requires more skill to be on top.
That being said, I agree with what you're saying.
>>
>>333418781
What makes you think that? You know there's more that goes into a fighting game match than "who can string moves better"? Comparing it to other competitive games that require different skillsets is absurd anyway.

Though even with that said, you're right that /v/ FG fags are way too smug.
>>
>>333418196
The sky is blue
>>
>>333419290
Mechanically it doesn't have the depth of something like an FPS like Quake, or an RTS like SC has. There's not a whole lot of tactics that go into the game due to it's very simple nature, so most of who wins is up to mind-games once you get all the knowledge in your head, and are mechanically competent. Said mind-games aren't going to be super difficult, because you'll be able to easily know every move he could possibly make, again due to the simple nature of the game.
>>
>>333416728
when i don't lose due to lag its usually due to my gf bein a bitch and hounding me for some dik
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.