[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>always dismissed dark souls as edgy tryhard memegame >decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: tomoyo393.png (116 KB, 900x950) Image search: [Google]
tomoyo393.png
116 KB, 900x950
>always dismissed dark souls as edgy tryhard memegame
>decide to get it on a whim yesterday

>that combat
>that leveldesign
>that implicit story telling

Holy fuck this is actually fun

Help
I'm having fun
I don't know how to deal with fun

Also am I supposed to kill the gargoyle(s), or do I head into the forest area first? I'm worried that advancing in the forest area triggers some videogame bullshit that blockades the way back
>>
You should be free to roam around and come back

Personally I did Gargoyles first but whatever you want, man.

The first DS is this weird middle ground in between linearity and open world; it's kind of Metroidvania-like. There's a boss in the forest I didn't kill until I was more than halfway through the game.

Inb4 the spoiler triggers someone.
>>
>Also am I supposed to kill the gargoyle(s),

Yes. If you're having trouble try rubbing resin on your weapon, or if you want to trivialize it try summoning.

>or do I head into the forest area first?

You don't have to go there now but you can get some nice equipment if you do.
>>
>>333406253
>resin

Wait what
But that's lightning damage

I was saving that resin up for some water-boss or something, since those gargoyles are made out of stone

And by videogamelaw stone is immune to lightning
>>
>>333406474

They're not immune to lightning, it does a bit of extra damage, which helps a lot with the gargoyles since the fight becomes drastically easier once you kill one of them.
>>
File: 1453211010193.jpg (37 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
1453211010193.jpg
37 KB, 471x350
>>333405763
>Tired Gamer Comics
>>
File: tomoyo135.png (80 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
tomoyo135.png
80 KB, 600x630
>>333407789
Shut your whore mouth ponyfag
>>
>>333407179
Probably better to just get good and do it without any benefits like that though so you get used to fighting multiple bosses at once. Like, I killed 4 kings way too fast in my first playthrough and never really had to deal with much of their attacks and never had to fight more than one at a time, and it ended up really fucking me up in NG+.
>>
File: ricky_end_it_now.png (132 KB, 542x508) Image search: [Google]
ricky_end_it_now.png
132 KB, 542x508
>>333405763
>>
>>333407789
Found the newfag
>>
>>333405763
>always dismissed dark Souls as edgy tryhard memegame
I'm not usually one to call people out on retardedness but you should REALLY consider ignoring /v/'s opinions on everything and just formulating your own opinion by watching gameplay videos and shit.
If you listen to /v/, every single game ever is shit.
>>
File: class.jpg (108 KB, 678x671) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
108 KB, 678x671
>>333411000
But dark souls IS edgy grimsteel edgekark garbage. If you like it, you are a groveling edgy retard.
>>
>>333405763
>There is a reason people enjoy a video game that they enjoy
What a novel concept
And you want to blitz the first Gargoyle down as quickly as possible once the second one shows up, it's a lot easier once one of them's dead
>>
>>333405763

Protip: Kill all blacksmiths on sight. Allways. They will betray you and destroy your bonfires.
>>
>>333412786
Protip: This guy is lying
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.