[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spellforce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pls no bully.jpg (145 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
pls no bully.jpg
145 KB, 709x1000
What does /v/ think of this game ?
>>
That girl wasn't in the game. Felt like being lied to.
>>
Spellforce 3 when?
>>
Interesting premisse, but ended up being a mix of a medicre RPG with a mediocre RTS.
>>
Remember drooling over a big-ass review of Spellforce 2 in Computer Gaming World growing up, never played.

What do you think of the game OP?
>>
>>333409667
Was pretty fun imo
>>
>>333410305
How did it compare to Warcraft 3?
Or is it comparable? I remember that being a key part of the review.
>>
The campaign is fun as fuck, races have some neat and interesting designs, and the RPG elements feel like they coexist with the RTS part and aren't an afterthought.

My fav part actually is the resource system. Each race has different resources they can use, trolls and elves can use iron but can't harvest it, meaning that they need the other races for that. They also have gathering buildings, buildings that double the resources collected when they are sent there, and better resource buildings.

I also really liked how food is something you actually collect and not just a number that permanently goes up with farms.

Too bad all of this got dropped in Spellforce 2
>>
>>333410707
i don't think it's comparable
>>333411873
I agree with you anon
>>
>>333410707
The only comparison i can make between the two is that they are RTS with hero units

Spellforce allows you to have up to 5 heroes which are found in random chests, enemies or bought in towns. Breath of winter added some non human heroes that are really cool, and make the heroes more interesting visually.

Alongside the 5 heroes you get to make your own personalized one. You can learn any skill and aren't locked to the choices you make at the beggining so it is a really flexible system.

Finally, you find weapons, armor and magic, and depending on the skills and stats you have is what you can wear. So don't expect using a big iron armor if you don't put some points in heavy armor.
>>
Pretty good. Humble had a $15 ultimate pack that had all the games and expansions which was a huge value.
>>
>>333413620
Yeah, i actually bought that whole collection with spellforce 1, 2 and all the dlc and expansions, it's really good, i'm 100+hours playtime in spellforce 1 alone, played some quick skirmishes in 2 to see if the game worked and goddamn, i'm salty they dumbed down the resource system.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.