[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1/2 a press
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 23554754.png (161 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
23554754.png
161 KB, 600x600
1/2 a press
>>
File: scuttle you don't understand.png (776 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
scuttle you don't understand.png
776 KB, 800x600
>>333404952
>>
>>333404952
HENRY WAS RIGHT
HENRY DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>333404952
Let's be serious now.
When you play games with cutscenes and it asks you to press x to win, you press x and it does its shit. You can keep pressing x or release it, but the outcome doesn't change. That's because the act of pressing a button and releasing a button are two different things. It doesn't say half press x to win, a press is a press, a release is a release, there is no such a thing as a half press.
>>
>>333404952
Can we not
>>
>>333404952
Can we yes
>>
File: TJ_Henry_Yoshi.png (4 KB, 354x357) Image search: [Google]
TJ_Henry_Yoshi.png
4 KB, 354x357
>>333405269
Well said, Henry.
>>
>>333405269
What if you pushed x before it told you and held it down, resulting in the command being cued before the game checks for it? Then, when the game does check for it, the command is read instantly?
>>
>>333404952
Can we what was the question again
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 259x194
>>333405269
Obviously you didn't read the video description, TJ """"""Henry"""""" Yoshi
>>
Can we you're not the boss of me now
>>
Yfw scuttlebug bounding is the modern-day Yoshi, hopping.

I've never played SMW extensively, but I found the similarities too interesting to not post.
>>
>>333405532
Rekt
VICTORY FOR HENRY
>>
>>333405496
It doesn't check if you have X pressed, it checks if you pressed the button when the prompt was made.
>>
Somebody tweet this to Miyamoto so he decides if half an A press counts or not
>>
>>333404952
What the fuck is this
>>
>>333405269
You're missing the POINT of specifying a "half-press."

In the context of a full run of the game, being able to use a previous A press to accomplish something that would otherwise need its own press saves you one press in the overall run of the game.

If they had it skimmed down to only needing 5 A presses, and then figured out a way to get another star only holding a previous press, it would bring the total number of presses down to 4.

It's not its own A press in the frame of a full run of the game because you're just using an earlier press, but in the frame of just the single level you do need to have A pressed. "Half-press" is just the chosen terminology for this specific situation where holding A from earlier saves you one press in the long run.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>333410402
neo-/v/ meme. Not funny in the slightest.
>>
>>333411204
DELETE THIS
>>
>>333410402
A dude is trying to beat Super Mario 64 in as few A presses as possible. He managed to get a star in an outrageously complex fashion involving such in-depth glitch and physics abuse that it became a meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

This is the related videos.
>>
>>333411538
>but first we need to talk about parallel universes!

I've seen this almost half a dozen times and that line cracks me up every time.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.