[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, she has Planescape in her sights...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: KX6ogSb.png (62 KB, 875x188) Image search: [Google]
KX6ogSb.png
62 KB, 875x188
Guys, she has Planescape in her sights...
>>
what can change the gender of a man
>>
>>333403395
Oh dear lord...
>>
>>333402926
It's the only IE game that could actually use an EE because of the shitty combat UI and terrible late game encounters.
>>333403395
A girdle of masculinity/feminimity
We've been over this.
>>
>>333404260
Yeah, just not under Amber Scott's direction.
>>
>>333404902
I don't think any of the Enhanced Editions were under her direction.
>>
>>333402926
Her pic is giving me strong Ravel vibe. I say do it, gameplay won't be worse that's for sure.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
>>
File: 1458323479103.jpg (103 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458323479103.jpg
103 KB, 1024x768
>>333402926
http://www.richardkmorgan.com/2016/04/gratuities-at-your-discretion-2/

Richard Morgan is a decent-at-times fantasy and sci-fi writer. It's interesting to hear how someone that can be published in more traditional format views video games.

Basically a big fuck you to Avellones of gaming world. Says Morgan,

>Games are gratuitous. By their very nature, they are all about the thrill they engender. Max Payne is about the thrill of outgunning bad guys in slow motion.

>Football, is about the thrill of chasing a ball around a field and knocking it into the opposing team’s net. You don’t grab someone coming out of a football stadium at the end of a match and say good game, yeah – but what about the story? Bit too much gratuitous running around and kicking the ball, if you ask me! Which is not to say there isn’t a story to a football match – there is. You get forty five minutes to try and put the ball into the other team’s net, then there’s a break while everyone catches their breath – in the writing trade, we call this pacing – then another forty five minutes of the same struggle, and when the whistle goes at the end, the team that put the most balls in the other team’s net wins. There’s your story, there’s your framework

>But in the end it’s still just a framework to make the gameplay work. And to structure the vicarious pleasures of the audience.

>This inversion felt strange when I first started writing for games – instead of creating a bunch of cool concepts, characters, interactions and kinetic thrills in order to drive a story forward, here I suddenly was, needing to create a story purely for the purposes of underpinning hours and hours of kinetic thrills. Weird. But I’m a reasonably quick study, and however weird a reversal it might seem at first, the concept is really pretty straightforward. Didn’t take me long to settle into it.

No "put points into CHA to skip gameplay" here. Put the focus off Avellones and Scotts of vidya.
>>
Is that a "she" with or without a meme arrow?
>>
>>333406114
It's a woman that identifies as a woman. She's just ugly
>>
>>333402926
What really grinds my gears about this whole fiasco is that it really is fucking atrocious writing / dialogue and the hate speech scapegoat is working like a charm
>>
>>333402926
who cares, just play the old one.
>>
>>333406389
Every bit of dialogue I've seen looks like standard Baldur's Gate writing.
>>
>>333402926
I don't even know who Amber Scott is
>>
>She
>>
>>333407753
a literal who writer that added a tranny to a setting where pretty much every mary sue has had genderbending exploits because the creator is a perv
>>
File: laurenapproved.gif (850 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
laurenapproved.gif
850 KB, 240x240
>>333406035
Lauren is a qt
>>
>>333407885

Was it that one rogue/paladin in some adventure or whatever, wasn't that pathfinder?
>>
>>333407893
she looks like a bird
>>
>>333409794
no the new BG expansion has a merchant in the corner of the map and you can ask about her name. she tells you she changed it because the previous one was unsuitable and you can ask why and she tells you she's a tranny
>>
>>333409948
You forget that your only response options are "wow that's so interesting!"
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.