[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda Lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1457076189413.png (980 KB, 1400x853) Image search: [Google]
1457076189413.png
980 KB, 1400x853
So early this morning at like 2am, I told an anon I would make a thread about a piece of lore between Twilight Princess and OoT3D.

Basically, in Twilight Princess, Barnes mentions that the Shadow Beasts are transformed people, and you find skulls commonly littering the floors of Hyrule Castle and other places where there were once people. Why is that relevant in particular to say they're not just dead remains? Because of two reasons: 1. They're not just any skulls. They have horns. 2. Twili don't have heads.

In Ocarina of Time 3D, you find the remains of a monstrous corpse outside of Ganon's Castle. But the corpse is found ALONGSIDE a helmet and with a spear through its eye. It is unlikely that this was a monster of Ganon's, because there is no other that could fit it.

This means it was a person transformed into a beast who had another knight shove a spear through his head before retreating. This furthers the notion that the ReDeads are townsfolk transformed by Ganondorf.
>>
>>333401162
>Twili don't have heads
The fuck are you on anon, their all a bunch of mask wearing convicts
>>
>Zelda lore
>Idiots still going on about how the games are all connected like Nintendo planned an expansive deep narative out all along.
>>
>>333401162
The gods created the world.

left there power in the triforce for someone to claim.

Ganon a dude forced to live in the desert claims it because his life is shit.

Everyone tries to stop him and keep the status quo.

Ganon is a revolutionary.and my husbando
>>
Ganon and midna have a daughter. I'll let you guess who that it
>>
File: 1456859913689.jpg (695 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
1456859913689.jpg
695 KB, 1536x2000
>>333401558
You're about 5 years late mate. If you had a dollar for every day that you were late to this argument, you might be able to afford enough games to find one with better lore than Zelda.
>>
I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make. That many monsters in Zelda games used to be people? That's not even subtext in most of the games with dialogue, you literally see a man partway through transforming into a gibdo in Majora's Mask.

Also, Twili totally have heads.
>>
File: 014_09_10_2014_05_15_46.jpg (190 KB, 888x1300) Image search: [Google]
014_09_10_2014_05_15_46.jpg
190 KB, 888x1300
>>333402003
So he's exactly like Sasuke. I see... I understand Ganondorf so much better now. He was only trying to avenge the wrongings of his people by the oppressive and more powerful Senju/Hyrule. Then, finding himself the only survivor of his tribe, wanted to destroy the monarchic order of Hyrule and rebuild it in his image.

DEEPEST LORE.

>>333403024
The point I was making is that the giant ox thing outside of the castle in the N64 game which I'm sure you've wondered about at least once in your life, is a foreshadowing of Shadow Beasts, and they made that more obvious in OoT3D. Why else would the designers have included it?

Also, they don't. Native Twili do. Transformed creatures and denizens do not. Look at Morpheel. It's an eel without a head, just leaving its jaws.
>>
>>333401162
>In Ocarina of Time 3D, you find the remains of a monstrous corpse outside of Ganon's Castle. But the corpse is found ALONGSIDE a helmet and with a spear through its eye. It is unlikely that this was a monster of Ganon's, because there is no other that could fit it.
Pic of it?
>>
>>333402003
>>333404270
If you actually kind of pay attention to the background story of OoT, the Hylians WERE pretty big dicks to pretty much everyone.
>>
>>333404567
This. Was this only in 3D version or original as well?
>>
>>333404751
In what way?
>>
>>333404878
I know its in the n64 version too. Not at home so cant take a pic.
>>
File: Deep.jpg (137 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Deep.jpg
137 KB, 400x240
>>333404567
>>333404878
I don't have the N64 pic. Maybe someone can rev up their old boy and take a picture.

>>333404751
GameoverJesse apparently has a new video about a theory that the Gerudo controlled Hyrule at the time that Zelda U is taking place, or before it. I hadn't thought of that, and I haven't watched it yet, but it makes sense because in Skyward Sword, Gondo's and his mom are both dark-skinned like Gerudo and hail from Lanayru region (because his grandpa owned a Ancient Robot). Lanayru Province is the biggest province of Hyrule and also happens to encompass the center of it, along with Castle Town, so it makes sense.

The Gerudo were just fighting for their land back!
>>
>>333405690
Its the skeleton infront of the sage-made bridge leading to ganons castle right? I remember a rib cage and a skull I dont remember any arrows.
interesting as fuck
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.