[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think that Silent Hill 2 could be turned into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: sh2.jpg (826 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
sh2.jpg
826 KB, 2000x1333
Does anyone else think that Silent Hill 2 could be turned into a movie?
>>
Already two Silent Hill movies. The second one is heavily based on 3 and isn't completely terrible desu
>>
>>333387853
That movie already existed and is the basis for Silent Hill 2's plot. It's called Lost Highway.
>>
>>333388120
But let's assume someone made a movie only around 2. Could it pass?
>>
>>333388120
Which is completely unrelated.
>>
No, the twist has been overdone to death and would no longer surprise anybody.
>>
>>333388120
Srsly? I need to watch them.
>>
File: Lost-Higway-01.jpg (18 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Higway-01.jpg
18 KB, 220x326
>>
>>333388120
The first movie is alright but if you think the second one is anything other than completely awful you have no taste whatsoever.
>>
>>333388559
they are good movies but not good silent hill movies

youll see for yourself

the makeup and effects are top tier though
>>
>>333388540
The twist isn't the be-all end-all of SH2, or any good movie really.
>>
>>333387853
Sure

Just give it to the Brotherhood of the Wolf guy who made Silent Hill 1 movie and it will be fine.
>>
>>333387853
everything can be turned into shit
>>
>>333388567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIlLn52Oak

WHEN THE FUCK IS DAVID LYNCH GONNA MAKE A SILENT HILL MOVIE LET ALONE ANOTHER MOVIE?!
>>
>>333388773
>they are good movies but not good silent hill movies
The first movie is decent, the second one is a complete and utter clusterfuck of retcons to both the game and the first movie, terrible pacing, editing and plot holes. There's a reason it has 5 % on Rottentomatoes, with a 35% given by the users.
>>
Anything can be turned into a movie, what kind of retarded questions is this? Are you that bored, OP? Go play a video game you stupid autist.
>>
File: spanlh2.jpg (99 KB, 895x1270) Image search: [Google]
spanlh2.jpg
99 KB, 895x1270
>>
>>333388773
Does the second one have Heatherfu in it? I'd watch it just for that.
>>
>>333388323
>>333388567
>>333389056
We fucking get it, Lost Highway. ctrl+f for fuck's sake.
>>
Only those who are retarded
>>
File: Losthigp.jpg (21 KB, 291x411) Image search: [Google]
Losthigp.jpg
21 KB, 291x411
>>333389207
>>
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aepBpZ3kXek
>>
>Work in the indie business as a writer, director, and cinematographer
>Rapidly increasing success over the past few years
>Live in area with towns that could VERY easily pass for Silent Hill, some businesses even named the same
>Have actual dreams about directing a SH2 adaptation
>Do some number crunching and determine that with creative spending, you could do literally everything for around $5 million
>Genuinely consider typing out a currently useless script for my hypothetical SH2 movie, just to put in a drawer somewhere in case I ever save a Sony exec's life

>>333388540
This is a valid concern. It wouldn't ruin the film, but familiarity would cushion the big punch and distract from the rest of the movie. I came up with a last second plot twist based off my own incorrect prediction of where I thought the plot was going on my first playthrough. Should I share it or keep it locked up, just in case?

>>333388120
If you seriously think the second SH movie is better than the first, your only option might be suicide. Desu.
>>
>>333389207
>>333389207
>>333389207
>>
>>333387853

Silent Hill 1 could have been a great movie.

Unfortunately, all directors of video game movies are Uwe Boll tier.
>>
>>333389061
yea she's in it but i must confess i only watched the first movie not the second one
>>
>>333389843
Silent hill 1 was a B-grade horror movie.
>>
>>333387853
no
>>
The woman on the left is Bill Pullman's wife whom he has killed and repressed the memory of doing so, externalizing all the hate that made him do so into a nameless apparition that haunts terrifies him throughout the movie.

The woman on the right is a more passionate and sexually and emotionally liberated version of his wife that he conjures up during a wish fulfillment fever dream that constitutes most of the second half of the movie. As time goes on the line between the two blurs until it is clear they really are versions of the same person, and Pullman's delusions begin to unravel.

Sound familiar?
>>
>>333391034
nope i watched lost highway when i was younger so i didnt really get it

also silent hill's story was more coherent
>>
>>333391034
While I'm a big fan of SH2 and Lost Highway, I think it would be fair to include Jacob's Ladder as an influence, especially at the end of the game when he sees the videotape.
>>
File: session9.jpg (560 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
session9.jpg
560 KB, 1600x1200
>>333391424
Jacob's Ladder is a tremendous influence, but it's a stylistic one more than a plot one. Other big stylistic influences are Blue Velvet and Session 9 (more on 3 than 2 though).
>>
>>333388323
lost highway is nothing like silent hill 2, and vice versa. david lynch is an influence on the series, but not as blatant as, say, Jacob's Ladder. in either case, Silent hill 2 is a great game, i feel like no matter how good a movie it would be, itd still wouldnt match up to the game. so much stuff has been influenced by it so the story wont be as fresh, and the other two movies kinda fucked over public perception of the series. that and the shitty games in the series
>>
>>333392315
actually, i guess lost highway is based on above post. i havent watched lost highway in a while
>>
>>333391797
Oh yeah, I'd agree. The 'real' woman and the imagined ideal are a lot like LH. It'd be interesting to have a game really fractured like Lost Highway - moving from protagonists at will, shifting from plot thread to plot thread.

Or, y'know, just a sequel to Killer 7.
>>
>>333388120
I quite liked the first one but other than that kill yourself.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.