[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You lied to me about them /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
>>
>>333384451
Lied in what way? Saying that they were bad?

That's just casuals bitching about the fact that they can't handle them.
>>
>>333385034
Nigga what?
Chalice dungeons are bad.
They're also boring as fuck to go through.
>>
>>333385034
>It's not bad, it's HARDCORE!
Where have I heard this delusion before...
>>
>>333385119
They're not.
Playing those gave me a Demons vibe.
And there's some incredible boss fights.
>>
>>333385216
It had like two good bosses.
Blood letting beast and keeper of the old lords.
Everything else was either trash or a boss from the main game just in a shittier arena.
Fucking glad I got the platinum out of the way so I never have to bother with that poorly designed shit.
>>
>>333385119
>Chalice dungeons are bad.
They're optional and have great bosses and enemies
>>333385130
>Where have I heard this delusion before...
Oh I get it, the "dark souls sucks and people only like it because it's hard" meme.
>>
File: 1443379214996.jpg (53 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1443379214996.jpg
53 KB, 403x403
>>333384451
>That's just casuals bitching about the fact that they can't handle them.
Chalice dungeons are not hard, Chalice dungeons are Tedious, because after making 5 of them it's just the same again and again with a small change and you just hope that the final boss will be something new you haven't experienced yet.
Some bosses are awesome that's for sure, the Pthumerian Elder became my favorite boss of the game by far when I beat him but just going through repeated content (AKA procedurally generated) to fight new bosses is just a cheap way to make the game longer with little effort from the developers.
>>
>>333385375
the flame dog was pretty fun
>>
>>333385034
/v/ said BB's the easiest Souls game but majority of the casuals from /v/ stopped at the first stage, they have no idea that cursed dungeons are the hardest part of all Soulsborne combined.
>>
>>333385375
>It had like two good bosses.
>keeper of the old lords
you're joking right?

Abhorrent Beast, Pthumerian Descendant, and Watchdog were all great.
>>
>>333385492
Cursed dungeons are shit. Theres no fun in being one-shotted in a game like BB.
>>
>>333385492
>reduced health
>increased damage
>good difficulty design
Nigga please.
>>
>Boring as fuck to explore
>Needlessly long
>Most of the loot is ritual materials
>Only a couple of cool bosses
>Required in order to get the best bloodgems
Chalice dungeons were a mistake
>>
File: 1428969583699.jpg (140 KB, 632x632) Image search: [Google]
1428969583699.jpg
140 KB, 632x632
Chalice Dungeons are good for a first run through. Once you finish all the premade ones and move onto the randomly generated stuff it gets pretty tedious.
>>
>and you just hope that the final boss will be something new you haven't experienced yet
You're describing the root chalices. I agree that the root chalices are lame due to their necessity for proper pvp but the static chalices add a fair amount of content if you can handle it.
>>
>>333385585
I liked keeper of the old lords cause it was a 1v1 both of you had fairly similar abilities and could do some of the same shit.

Also
>descendent
>sniping you across the map with his Sickles
Nah fuck you cunt.
>>
>>333385825
>sniping you across the map with his Sickles
I agree that the pillars are broken but the fight is otherwise great because of his speed. It's a lot like the Maria fight.
>>
Despite fucking hating them, I think chalice dungeons were a good idea on paper.
I think it would've fit a game that was a bit more loot heavy like dark souls. Because all you ended up getting in bloodborne was materials to make more dungeons, gems, or the same weapons with different gem slots.
>>
One thing i hated about chalice dungeons is that the treasure rooms looked really grand but the treasures themselves sucked every time.
Give me weapons, millions of blood echoes, or insight i dont care but give me something i can use for something else than more chalice dungeons.

But no its always some shit like
>elders prolapsed anus
>>
>>333386012
I don't think anyone would bitch about the chalice dungeons if they were truly optional for pvp players. The fact that the beast claw and all of the good gems are hidden behind them is bullshit.
>>
File: 1442139933713.jpg (32 KB, 322x322) Image search: [Google]
1442139933713.jpg
32 KB, 322x322
>spider maidens
>behind a closed door
>open the door
>8 spiders lined up already attacking as you open it
>>
>>333386182
Eh, it's not even that.
I just hated how there was no real reward for doing them.
When I got my platinum I was honestly just glad to be done with that slog.
Would've been cool if I could get some blood magic like yharnam had but instead I got some clump of menstrual blood.
>>
>>333386337
>two spider maidens
>spiders spawning faster than you can kill them
Whatsthe deal with spiders causing that insane damage anyway? seems like they do the damage on par with bosses.
>>
>>333386414
I wish the yharnam stone unlocked a boss rush mode or something. Would be awesome if you could just replay any boss at any time without having to start a new character after beating the game. I'd love to be able to go back and fight ludwig over and over again without having to resort to save backups.
>>
>>333385119
They are bad cuz BB as no loot. If Chalice was in Souls it would be God tier.
>>
>>333385119
Depths 1-3 are boring. Depth 4 has that shit defiled keeper but otherwise its fine. Once you hit depth 5 youre golden.

Honestly I dont hate them but I understand why people would be annoyed. The shittiest aspect is farming materials.
>>
File: elder gangbang.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
elder gangbang.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
chalice dungeons are fucking awesome if you do them at tier 5 and summon a lot of randoms
chalice coop is one of the best things about bb as cooper gains full boss reward including gems and blood chunks/rock
shame chalice invasions are still not working for shit and never will, they had a lot of potential
>>
I think a big issue that could have been fixed was that weapons could only drop in the chalice dungeons after you obtained the original versions.

I supposed it was to keep you motivated to progress in the main game, but at the same time, a chalice dungeon would be so much more tempting if there was the possibility of finding say... a burial blade in NG.
>>
File: rekt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rekt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>tfw will never be this good again
Cursed elder's just way too much, he's way more aggressive & it's too unpredictable trying to parry him.
Nigga's literally a Tasmanian devil from the cartoon if you don't parry him.
>>
>>333386704
What? But you can do that.
>>
I have no image that can possibly to express my anger towards Cursed Watchdog.
>>
>>333386786
one of the easiest bosses in chalice.
>>
>>333386704
You can get a burial blade in ng, but the earliest you can get it is like depth 4 and even then you'll need root ingredients.
>>
>>333386786
Please bitch, I beat him with a level 4 character. You can beat him with your level 120 or whatever.
>>
>>333387020
>cursed elder
>at level 4
What? Post proof or you're talking straight out of your ass.
You'd be fucking one shot by any enemy in the dungeon.
>>
>>333387138
people do BL4 runs in the chalice dungeons but they I agree they are extremely difficult because you have no margin for error basically. You don't fight enemies at all and you're forced to truly master the boss moveset. With that said, you can actually survive a punch from abhorrent beast at BL4, it does like 80% of your health but it's not a 1-hit.
>>
>>333385034
>repeating bosses
>seeking out materials to make a dungeon just like the one you were seeking materials from
>whole new chalice, it's just a reskin
>holds the best gems, but you're probably gonna have to make the chalice multiple times to get them
>half-hp dungeon fighting the same bosses you've fought before

They'd be great if they changed frequently, but the layout starts boring and continues boring. The boss fights are alright, but not after the third time. You learn how to fight them, do it, do it again, then again, then again.
It's not that they're hard, I've done them without leveling for the sole purpose of having a twink build to ruin people's fun. They're just badly designed.
>>
>>333387352
Shit son.
I can't even imagine how much damage you'd be doing to the bosses.
The fights must last like 20 to 30 minutes, jesus.
>>
>>333387138
Youre one shot by most everything in FRC anyways.

I did them at bl29, and I suck. Im sure people here did them lower.
>>
>>333387460
they're definitely tough but since you don't need to worry about getting 1-shot (since you do anyway) you can use blood beast pellet usually in combination with fire or bolt paper. Also since you don't level up you usually have tons of items because what else are you going to spend your echoes on?
>>
>>333385719
This is the problem, there shouldn't have been premade ones at all, they should've ALL been randomized. Having to replay the same premade ones on every character to get the root chalices is just awful. It's not like they're even hand-crafted, they just picked 10 seeds, you often get far more interesting levels in the randomized ones.

If there HAD to be a premade one to unlock root chalices then it should've been one long dungeon that you return to, with a hand-crafted layout, only new bosses, no repeated bosses and a much higher boss density.

Also it's kind of baffling that the main game resorts to recycling old enemies (in Yahargul 2, Upper Ward, Nightmare of Mensis) when there are so many enemies that only appear in chalices.
>>
>>333388470
>Also it's kind of baffling that the main game resorts to recycling old enemies when there are so many enemies that only appear in chalices.
I agree, this is strange. Maybe they felt like they wouldn't fit within the theme but I don't really buy that. The stupid witch things that cast fireballs would have fit fine in multiple areas.
>>
File: evil_labyrinth_spirit.jpg (9 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
evil_labyrinth_spirit.jpg
9 KB, 440x248
I really liked the lvl4/5 chalices because of the atmosphere.
With ennemies such as Labyrinth Sage, Evil Labyrinth Spirit i really felt like i was playing a horror video game.
>>
>>333389692
Labyrinth madmen are pretty cool too. Probably my favorite non-maingame enemy.
>>
>>333389692
>climbs to top of ladder
>poofs into nothingness
>get echoes
Spooky.
>>
>>333387460
not me but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRJD6dHdjIs&
>>
>>333391746
yeah, tolo is pretty hardcore in BB. He's beaten the entire game without rolling or dodging, beaten ebrietas with fists, and done some other stupid shit no sane person should ever try.
>>
>>333392904
>>333391746
hell, look at his latest video. Orphan NG+6 at BL4, no dodging or rolling and he doesn't get hit once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxbkEReq5ik&nohtml5=False
>>
>>333385375
Yarnham, Defiled Watchdog, non pushover Darkbeast and Pthumerians.
>>
>>333393278
pretty easy when you use the latest hack
>>
>>333385697
>reduced health
>increased damage

that applies to any game
tell me what is hell & hell?
>>
File: 1458460046434.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1458460046434.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>333384451
The toughest bosses except for Orphan are in the Chalice dungeons.
>>
>>333393592
>when you use the latest hack
it's not a hack
>>
>>333385697
Most bosses don't appear at first.
Abhorrent Beast easily rivals Orphan if you don't cheese him with range bullshit.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160308150608.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160308150608.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>333393904
Orphan is easy though.
>>
>>333394084
I approve of doll abuse.
>>
>>333385429
>Pthumerian Elder
Fought it the other night on my Bloodtinge character. He didn't fucking hit me even once. He barely even got close because all he did was fucking hobble to about 30 feet away before doing some shitty fire combo. Couldn't even hit me with his fucking crossbow.

Just shot him with my Bowblade until he went down. Even fucking Pthumerian Descendant was better, since he could get close to you.
>>
>>333393278
What outfit is that? I want it for my cauliflower head.
>>
>>333385034
chalice dungeons are objectively bad and I want to beat up miyazaki for even having the idea in the first place

they're fun the first 2 times

then you see just how much copy and paste is going on and you just go back to Demon's or Dark until Dark 3 comes out
>>
>>333394536
Madman or something, you need to clear Chalice Dungeons for that.
>>
>>333394536
>>333394651
it's the madman set, has the worst frenzy resistance in the game but looks cool and has decent resistance in other categories
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.