[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not bait, why do people consider this so inferior? Admittedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Not bait, why do people consider this so inferior? Admittedly the Human Effigy system and limited respawns were dumb but I still think it's a really solid game.
>>
>>333382478
Because some people really liked DaS, and when DaS2 wasn't the exact same game, set in a new location, they wen't full sperg.
>>
>>333382478
Yeah, because having to use a humanity and then activating it at a bonfire to make yourself human was alot better and less time consuming.
>>
>>333383130
/thread
>>
Soul memory meant that people didn't have to learn from their mistakes
>>
>>333382478
What i dislike the most abouth this game is how they try to make this game hard by placing lots of enemies in one area
>>
>>333383130

This. Dark Souls 1 was great, Dark Souls 2 was also great, but people lost their shit on /v/. Everywhere else, they were in consensus that it was good, and Dark Souls 3 will be the same way.
>>
>>333382478
Dark souls 1 was amazing the first half and below average the second half

Dark souls 2 was mediocre throughout except the dlc areas which were great

they both have flaws and desu I enjoy both for what they are
>>
>>333382478
because some people have autism and aren't used to change
>>
>>333383374
>shrine of amana mediocre

get bent buddy
>>
>>333383468
>shrine of amana
>good

the only thing good about that place was the boss
>>
>>333383306
There's a lot of mechanics that were changed in DaS2, which (for me) made the game more fun than DaS. Most of it was quality of life changes, and some things where simplified. I know several people who didn't know how estus charges worked in DaS, and why you sometimes had 5 and sometimes more. I didn't understand it at first, either.

In DaS2, you get and item, give it to Shanalotte, and boom, you have an extra charge. I liked that.

>>333383264
git gud
>>
Because there were 5 billion weapons that all pretty much did the same thing. Locations were uninspired and bland, several gameplay mechanics were utter shit (Soul Memory) and bosses were ridiculously easy and boring.

Overall it was a boring and easily forgettable experience.
>>
>>333383546
What the fuck are you on, buddy?
Demon of Song was one of the worst bosses in DaS2, and SoA was frustrating as fuck, whole area felt cheap to me.
>>
Crappy bosses, worse level design, worse art design, got a caught up in its reputation for being difficult and made parts just annoying and frustrating.
I still think it's a good game, just a disappointing Souls game.
>>
>>333383248
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Ds 2 was far from bad but especially at lunch had some major bullshit. It also wasn't quite as strong in its art design and had an obnoxious intro which I think soured a lot of players reactions to it.
>>
>>333383557

The most fair criticism I have of DaS 2 after DaS 1 was that I didn't feel like a lot of the 'issues' that they addressed were beneficial to either the player or the experience. Majula being the only place to level up was different, but it didn't give the player any ground, forward or backwards. Being able to warp from the start wasn't my favorite, but I got used to it.

I'm also not huge on PvP, so I wasn't screaming about Soul Memory the same way everyone else did.
>>
>>333383609
Why exactly was Soul Memory bad, because I never got that.

>>333383676
People keep saying that DaS2 was hard for the sake of being hard, but that the bosses were easy. Does this mean people had problems getting to the bosses, because the normal enemies where tough, and then you one-shot the bosses?

If that's the case, git gud.
>>
>>333382478
It was great but not as good as DaS1 because of dumb design decisions like LIFEGEMS (nobody mentions this) and instateleport. That's what bugged me the most.

It felt like an expansion to the first game too so the game wasn't as exciting as playing DaS1 for the first time.
>>
>>333383248
That shit crippled you super hard. You can't learn from mistakes. Mistakes fuck you forever.
>>
>>333383782
It made PvP shitty and unplayable.
>>
>>333383782

Because edgy autists couldn't twink their characters out and harass low level people. Soul Memory paired you up in the matchmaking system based on your total acquired souls, spent or unspent.
>>
File: Somethinginmyeye.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Somethinginmyeye.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
>>333382478
Ive just bought scholars of the first sin and am starting a new game. Any tips? Ive not played since vanilla release.
>>
>>333383646
I may be the only person on earth that doesn't hate that boss then

I thought the design was cool and he isnt frustrating to fight.
>>
>>333382478
Because I bought it in ps3 and it looks like shit as well as being extremely disconnected with zero explanation on where you're supposed to go
>>
Quantity over quality in just about the whole game.
ADP
Possibly worse AOE hit boxes.
And even though it's redundant, most of the bosses were filler shit.
Only the DLC was fun.
>>
>>333383897
Do Iron Keep last.
>>
>>333383864
>>333383882
So twinkers got mad? I forgot that was all people do on /v/, my bad.
That's fucking cancerous holy fuck.

>>333383904
Each to their own, I guess, it just never stuck out as very memorable to me, or good, for that matter.
>>
Why does everything in Dark Souls 2 swing so fucking slow even Fume Knight that people said was hard swung slow as fuck and was really easy to dodge.
>>
>>333383897
i wish i'd known that you could join and leave covenants freely and your rankings would not change.
>>
>>333382478
Very ugly game, much worse lighting and art design than the first two souls games.
>>
>>333383904
That's literally why people hate it.
It has a neat concept but FROM forgot to actually design a fight with it.
>>
>>333382478
Soul Memory.

Too many samey bosses.

Restricted circle of movement so the game felt very unresponsive.

Too many areas felt disconnected from the overall theme of the world. They also felt very short thanks to an over-saturation of bosses.
>>
>>333383676
>crappy bosses
not really anon, dark souls 1 bosses were pretty terrible also. dark souls 1 overall has better boss design. but dark souls 2 did have some pretty terribel ones>Ruin sentinals
Fuck those guys
>worse level design
sorry nope dark souls 2 level design is far better, it doesn't connect as well thanks to teloporting right away, but in terms of the actual levels dark souls 2 is miles aheaed

>worst art design
is this a joke? art design is purely an objective opinon anon. you can call it worse art design but I can find it better than dark souls 1, and it's purley an objective opinon.

as for your last part, souls games have always had parts that made them annoying, and frustrating you must have never played demon souls.

all in all, Dark souls 1 is better than dark souls 2 SOTFS, UP TO fatass, and dragon dude, after that Dark souls 2 SOTFS is miles better.

>>333383826
lifegems were one of the best things they added in. along with teloport
>>
>>333384147
>DaS
>DeS
>good lighting

I really don't think you played the game.
FS have always been absolutely ass at lighting.
>>
>>333384067

Yeah, as soon as someone mentioned how they fucked PvP up, I immediately disregarded their opinion. PvP was fine from the little bit that I played, you just couldn't be SL1 with maxed out gear from endgame and invade people at SL 1-20.
>>
>>333384067
I'm not a twinker. I'm someone who likes to stay at a certain level where PvP activity is the highest, usually it's around 120. With Soul Memory you would get fucked and be matched against SL500s with SL120, kind of unfair.
>>
>>333384197
>Grass2.0
I want DeS babies to go.
>>
>>333383609
>Locations were uninspired and bland
I don't get this meme. Not if you consider DaS locations better at least.
>>
>>333384197
>dark souls 2 level design is better
>Volcano that's somehow above a mill
Explain that shit nigger
>>
>>333384301
That's exactly what twinking is though.
You spent a majority of souls on upgrading weapons, and not as many on levels, but it equals out.

Also, I don't think you've ever been at SL500, that shit takes a long time to grind.
>>
>>333383609
I remember the faces of every person i killed.
DS2 salt was the sweetest. Many beef was had.
God bless you agape ring and you too Havel.
Gold serpent ring, jester gear and Drake keepers will never die in my heart.
>>
i only enjoy a small handful of the battles, my favorite part is building the character but when it comes to just playing the game and killing enemies theres not many high points
>>
>>333382478
>>333382478
>>333382478
>>333382478
>>333382478
This fucking thread gets made every other day. How do you still not understand why people think it's a lackluster sequel?
>>
>>333384330
well considering DES was the best game in the series soo far....

and let's be honest flasks are much more of a crutch than grass ever was.
>>333384409
>blighton
>lost isalith

explain that shit nigger.

are we actually going to compare terrible levels? because dark souls 1 has soo many terrible level's designed it isn't even fucking funny.
>>
>>333383897
Ivory King > Iron King > Sunken King
Do Sunken then Iron then Ivory.
Don't forget to fight Aldia.
Item locations are different.
There's a white phantom in Ivory that is a total badass and will kill the boss for you.
>>
>>333384626
cheers
>>
>>333384626
There's a reward for defeating Aldia in SotFS?
>>
File: 1452685167478.png (125 KB, 344x341) Image search: [Google]
1452685167478.png
125 KB, 344x341
Dark Souls 2 Scholar = Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls

This shit isn't even debatable if you disagree promptly kill yourself. Jury is still out on 3.
>>
File: 1452791153039.webm (1 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1452791153039.webm
1 MB, 800x500
the power of shitposting
the only thing Im asking myself is if DaS3 will take its place once it gets released
>>
>>333384523
No nigger you are going up not down, izalith is more pausible
>>
>>333384702
no

I don't really bother with him on most playthroughs because in order to fight him you have to kill vendrick, and he's an awful boss
>>
>>333383646
use the torch to see where the edges are under the water. look for fireflies as they gather around the undead when the bitches are singing. and then just either bring a bow or get a shield with a lot of magic block. regardless the aesthetics and vibe to the whole zone was awesome as fuck.
>>
I prefer 2 but then that could be because i just used the ceastus for the first half of the game and punch shit to death easy.
>>
>>333384828

>typing the word bloodborne in a souls thread

I can't be the only person who just doesn't listen to anything these people have to say, can I?
>>
>>333383646
heres a little tip for you that may help you in future soulslikes, dont get away from the danger, get your ass in to it
>>
File: 1406210952761.png (228 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1406210952761.png
228 KB, 500x500
There are people in this thread right now that didn't experience Pre-nerf Lost Izalith and Shrine of Amana.
>>
I began to dislike the game pretty much right away, before it became a meme.

To me, the general design and atmosphere of the game was a huge downgrade. A big annoyance were the lame boss fights, many of which you were gimped severely against or overpowered to depending on if you went magic or melee.

There were areas in the game as well that were hugely annoying in the same way, made more annoying by the fact that I knew it would be easy for a magic user (a build I do not enjoy playing).

Lastly, the hit detection and rolling in general just felt way off and unreliable, partly due to it being tied to stats but also poor game design.
>>
-Awful level design
-Bonfire every 5 meters
-Inconsistent enemy damage
-Armor does almost nothing
-Adaptability stat and hitboxes in general
-Soul memory
-Graphics from PS2
-Poor atmosphere
>>
>>333384972
same director and style of gameplay, its essentially a souls game desu senpai.
>>
>>333382478
If you can't understand why Dark Souls 2 is inferior, you're not playing it for the combat.
>>
File: 1456761961088.png (326 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1456761961088.png
326 KB, 1000x750
>>333384972
hello PCfriend
>>
>>333382478
Because the other Souls games are better.

>>333383130
Bullshit, people like Bloodborne which is even more different.

>>333383205
Bonfires are all over the place.
>>
>>333384828
>umaru
>literal shit opinions
wew
>>
scholar of the first sin is pretty good. doing a playthrough now. but the stuff they added to that game is literally bandaid fixes to how shit the original version was.
>>
>>333384870
look muh nigga, I'm not saying dark souls 1 doesn't have good levels, but out of all of them how many would you say were actually good?

anor londo looks good, but it's kinda meh. hell most of dark souls level design is fairly meh overall. this is where dark souls 2 is miles ahead.

>>333385046
>pre nerf SOA.

anon please shut the fuck up don't YOU DARE EVEN START TO REMIND ME OF THAT FUCKING HELL HOLE, that shit was worse than blighttown on PStriples. and that was terrible.
>>
File: onlydarksouls2hasbadhitboxes.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
onlydarksouls2hasbadhitboxes.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333383646
why do people refuse to use a bow?
>hurrdurr muh build
>>
>>333385046
>Pre-nerf Lost Izalith and Shrine of Amana.
how

last time i played the priestess magic arrows had infinite fucking rage and they still track
>>
>>333384972
Demon's and Dark Souls aren't part of the same series. There is no such thing as a "Souls series", it's just a fan creation, so there's no reason why Bloodborne can't be included.
>>
>>333384893
It wasn't that much of a problem, I don't think I died to falling off the edge on my first playthrough, so I didn't even know that was a thing.
>get a shield with a lot of magic block
That's not how I wanna play my Souls games, but thanks Anon.

>>333385002
I played SoftS, and the only thing I had a really time hard at in that area, was the Old Knight
>>
Because I played the game twice already.
>>
>>333385194
That one is a well known bug though
>>
File: 1424521210088.png (223 KB, 474x530) Image search: [Google]
1424521210088.png
223 KB, 474x530
>>333385152
>I should be able to circle strafe enemies and be 100% safe this isn't fair why can they pivot and hit me!
>My backstabs aren't magic instant grabs anymore!
>>
>>333384393
I haven't played any DS II yet, so I can't comment on the level design in that game, but I believe what makes the rather stereotypical settings of DS I effective is that they're really well woven into one another, thus making the game world actually feel like a world to itself, which is something a lot of games don't get right. You've got this calm patch of green in the firelink shrine, and going upwards brings you to environments of progressively higher and higher culture (at least architecturally, but this is also mirrored by the increasingly sentient enemies you come across) until you reach bizarre and divine areas, and going downwards leads to darker and darker settings (with enemies more sluggish but venomous) until you find yourself in a literal hell. This is made extra compelling by nature of the fact that many of those early stages that exist in that middle ground between divinity and darkness are all connected to one another. It makes you feel like you're somewhere else.
Unrelated aside, I just recently found you don't need the crest of artorias to make your way to sif.
>>
>>333385194
You just answered your own question.
>>
File: 1405894891225.jpg (1 MB, 1256x5080) Image search: [Google]
1405894891225.jpg
1 MB, 1256x5080
>>333382478
Because they forgot that being forced to adapt to the situation was the most important part of 1, and they thought that they should be allowed to just breeze through 2 after playing 1.
>>
>>333385328
I don't think he's talking specifically about backstabs but goddamn the combat of Dark Souls 2 just felt stiff and unresponsive.
>>
>>333385078

>awful level design
Debatable.

>bonfire every 5 meters
simply not true but if you wanna whine about that then dark souls 3 is even worse than 2.

>armor does almost nothing.
this is a good thing, get that maximum fashion, oh and again you'll hate dark souls 3.

>adaptability and hitboxes
adaptability is a bit shitty you're right, but the the hitboxes are just as bad as 1 and DeS they all have bad hit boxes stop crying about it (also refer to the smelter demon webm here - >>333384863)

>Soul memory
soul memory is one of the only bad things about dark souls 2.

>graphics from ps2
simply not true, and if the graphics are that bad then you can just get a graphics mod like an enb or sweetfx preset on the nexus, easy.

>poor atmosphere
Subjective.
>>
>>333385459
then you must be playing at 1 FPS

Dark souls 2 combat is one of it's best things. it's easily light years ahead of dark souls 1.
>>
>>333385152
What? The fact that I play it for the combat is the only thing that allowed me to enjoy it as much as I did. Everything else outside of the DLC areas is worse, sometimes significantly so. Dark Souls 2's combat is far more dynamic and entertaining because of a bigger emphasis on multiple enemies and the fact that backstabs/parries are far less effective.
>>
>>333385503
>but the the hitboxes are just as bad as 1 and DeS they all have bad hit boxes stop crying about it

Not even remotely.

You know I'm confused why you're defending this game at all. You're saying my thoughts are subjective but a lot of people also think the same way about the lack of atmosphere and terrible level design.
>>
>>333382478
It's good on it's own but it's garbage compared to DeS and Das.

Adaptability, clunky combat, boring level design and insanely forgetable musical score. It it was called "Lords of the Fallen" instead of "Dark Souls" it would've been forgotten by now and we wouldn't have these shitty "But Dark Souls II isn't bad guise!" threads every hour.

I finished Bloodborne recently for the first time and I remember the names of every boss and location I've encountered. I've finished DaSII like 5 times and and for the love of fuck I can't remember most of the bosses names.
>>
>>333385172
>Bullshit, people like Bloodborne which is even more different.
no, people pretend to like blunderborne to piss off the PCucks
>>
>>333385320
and so that makes it excusable???
lol k
>>
>>333385328
>I should be able to circle strafe enemies and be 100% safe
But that's exactly what happens in 2. You're only punished for rolling as you stand still for a brief moment while circlestrafing is safe 9 out of 10 times.

And backstabs are about as abusable, the 30% or so damage you take while you're at it is laughable.

The only true combat improvement on 2 is directional rolling, but even that is nullified by rolling back while locked not turning towards enemies, the distance you roll being tied to exactly your weight instead of weight tiers and those awful startup and recovery frames. God, am I glad Memezaki thrashed most of 2.
>>
>>333385189
I consider DS2 inferior to every other Souls game just because they give you bonfires every 10 minutes instead of just designing a clever way to give you shortcuts desu nigga
>>
>>333385591
Yeah no. I've played every Souls game and Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 absolutely had the worst combat.
>>
>>333385328
^This.Miyazaki fags sound like autistic children having a temper tantrum everytime they talk shit about DS 2.Not that i think DS 2 was perfect, but obviously many things were improved in it.
>>
>>333385645
the hit boxes are just as bad.
the difference was the reduced amount of i-frames and the increased length of roll animations in DaS2 made them way more obvious.
the whole system is flawed. i-frames are just abuseable patchwork.
>>
>>333385591
this.
>>
>>333385710
When it's one enemy in the game and it's related specifically to downing another enemy and it only occurs once I think we can forgive that
>>
>>333384828
This. Fromsoft is always improving, and DaS2 was objectively better than the previous games in every way.
>>
>>333385747
>I've played bloodborne
>DaS2 has the worst combat
timestamp of your ps4 + game faggot.
>>
File: onlyabug.webm (3 MB, 704x360) Image search: [Google]
onlyabug.webm
3 MB, 704x360
>>333385320
>it's a bug
and?
>>333385343
you need only 7 str to dual-wield a light crossbow, any build not using exclusively magic could use it
this is about people literally refusing to use ranged options
>>
>>333383130
That's a really unfair assessment of people who didn't enjoy DaS2 as much a 1.

My criticisms of the game are not including the DLC.

Personally, and like many others, I found the games world to a helluva lot less interesting.

The atmosphere of the game was heavily streamlined, it didn't have the same feeling of calamity the 1st one had.

The boss design in two was abysmal. I can only recall a few that I thought were awesome, like Velstadt, or Scorpioness Najka. Darklurker was pretty cool as well. However, overall I felt like the bosses in 2 failed to match the standard the 1st game's bosses made.

I am not fond of the world design in 2 either. The 1st game was a cohesive experience, with most areas connecting to one another, it felt like an actual world. In 2, pretty much every area ended up being a dead end, which you would then warp back to Majula and move onward to the next dead end. The level of exploration just wasn't there in 2.

Also, I was not fond of the warp mechanic being given to the player immediately. It totally trivialized the chosen undead going through all their hardships and defeating Ornstein and Smough to retrieve the lord vessel. It made me pretty upset knowing that all that work in 1 was pretty much meaningless.

Characters were boring for the most part, I liked Lucatiel but the others were just meh. The sense of impending doom just wasn't there in 2, the world was more colorful and the areas the player explored lacked depth. In 1, when I reached Anor Londo for the first time and gazed at it's vast mystique, I was heavily immersed. I never found that feeling with 2. The Dukes Archives as well as Crystal Cave also gave me similar feelings.

Now, I think the actual gameplay of 2, fighting, animations, power-stancing weapons, the reduction of backstab hitbox, and overall variety absolutely decimates 1. From Software definitely pulled through with the updated gameplay.

If only From Software could add dedicated servers to DaS3.
>>
>>333385871
>Fighting Ceaseless discharge the legit way
Fuck i'll never do that shit again
>>
As someone who plays a shit loads of souls games and likes them all a lot my complaints were

>packs of mobs replacing difficulty in some areas.
Like the pre patch Bastille was just silly. Opening that one door to have like 9 knights charge at you for example.
>no cohesive world whatsoever
DaS started this off pretty well, being able to see the parish from Sens, or being able to see Duke's from the parish, or Demon Ruins from ToTG etc. But then 2 threw that out of the window with fucking lifts going from swamps to volcanos etc. Being able to see your objective and see where you're headed really makes a difference to me anyway. Gives the world a bit more of a 'real' feeling
>Soul memory system
In general this was just awkward as hell, and was a wierd addition considering the overall improvements made to co-op in all other areas, hell even the name engraved ring and stuff like that was useful

All in all it really wasn't that bad. From a strictly mechanical/gameplay sense it was the best by far.
>power stancing
>better infusions and buffs
>better movesets
>bigger variety of weapons
>covenants were slightly more intersting but ultimately many failed just as hard as gravelord/dmb did, (blue sentinels, rat) also no consistent invasion item sucked dick

So overall i think it just didn't have the same sort of atmosphere and world building the other souls games had, which is a huge part of the souls experience. However it improved in a great many fields. A souls game that has the skeleton of 2 in terms of gameplay mechanics but the soul of post lordvessel 1 would be perfection.
>>
>>333385763
no
>>
>>333385701
I returned my PS4 recently and I throughy enjoyed BB.

It's a great game. Too bad it's stuck on such a piece of shit console.
>>
>>333385194
>>333385320
Played over 500 hours in Dark Soul and didn't even know this is possible.

>>333385871
You are a retard if you don't roll.
>>
>>333385645
then you never played dark souls 1. it had pretty bad hitboxes. the fact that you actually think dark souls 1 had good hitboxes just shows your either trying to bait, or are genuinely delusional.

>>333385747
then you have shit taste in combat. compare a fight between Fume knight to say gwen. Dark souls 2 combat is miles ahead. it's like saying a toyato prias, is faster than say a super car with a V12. it's pure bullshit and you know it.

>>333385737
becuese dark souls 1 didn't give you a bonfire every 10 mins!

oh right it was like every 2.5Mins. are we actually going to fucking compare this shit? dark souls 1 to date is the worst offender with bonfire placement. yes they don't have nearly as much, but you reach a new one in less than 5 mins.
>>
>>333385995
yes
>>
>>333385747
>Bloodborne
>bad combat

hahahahahahaha
>>
The Dark Souls 2 engine just looks fucking terrible.

I'm assuming they rebuilt it instead of adapting the Dark Souls engine.

It just looks terrible. The colours are all flat and muddy, and the lighting is terrible. The general art design and direction is also pretty fucking terrible. It's really clear they gutted it, because the e3 demo's of things like Mirror Knight looked fucking awesome. SotFS didn't even fix it.

Too much bullshit. Too many bosses that are low quality. Too many gank squads, far too reliant on ambushes instead of genuinely well placed and enjoyable levels.

World topography doesn't make sense. Level design suffers from being really fucking boring, mostly because they tried to do too much. A lot of areas are really samey or had a cool idea but just fell flat.

The story is a complete rehash of Dark Souls 1, which would be fine, if it actually tried to do it's own thing or even explain it. Dark Souls 2 just goes "lol go find some shit" and then never addresses the story again. At least Demon's Souls and Dark Souls had complete stories that at least gave you more information as you go. Dark souls 2 just doesn't even try. The icing on the cake is the sheer amount of ambiguity in the item descriptions just because lore-fags exist.

The game feels floaty, and it has absolutely absymal hit detection. The game is "difficult" because most enemies attacks are so slow and track so much that you have incredibly odd dodge timings. Smelter demon is the biggest example of this, you have to dodge well after you'd expect to.

Not a bad game, but a poor sequel and general disappointment.
>>
File: hehhehe.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hehhehe.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>333385503
>>awful level design
>Debatable.
How do you expect anyone to keep reading your bait after that?

>>333386013
That's because DaS2 apologists can only nitpick 3 factually bad hitboxes and some bugs on O&S, while their game has dozens of always awful hitboxes.
>>
>>333385908
Everything you just said is entirely subjective, and whether I agree or not, it sort of proves what you replied to.

You didn't go full sperg though, for an anon, you worded that quite nicely :3
>>
>>333385253
okay, i just had a really hard time overall because i learn really hard practically, but i got out in the end, and when i got to velstadt i learned i dont have to be afraid of attacks and attack him all out and dodge toward him to win
>>
>>333385908
The irony is that Velstadt is just a rehash of Garl Vinland, and Najka a rehash of Quelaag.
>>
>>333385908
Dark Souls 1 is basically the only game that had a truly interconnected world, I wish From would go back to that design
>>
My favorite part of the DaS2 experience was weapons breaking in 10 hits due to durability being tied to framerate, eventually making the game unplayable.
>>
File: explain.png (287 KB, 321x520) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
287 KB, 321x520
lets face it.
DaS2 was bad but DaS3 is just horrible.
>Miyazaki & A-Team
>>
>>333386096
>this shitpst

lol muh sides try better nigga.
>>
File: 1450140261223.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450140261223.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>333386175
>>
>>333386168
Velstadt was actually one of the bosses that was memorable for me. After killing him a million times by now, he's not hard at all, of course, but I definitely think that he's one of the hardest bosses in the base game.
>>
>>333386019
The only instances i can think of is lizalith, and that place is rushed anyway so i give you that, and maybe if you count the bonfires that are in front of a covenant
>>
>>333386096
>because the e3 demo's of things like Mirror Knight looked fucking awesome

That's what makes me mad the most.
The marketing was one big fuck you.
>>
File: Aang glares at Katara.png (500 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Aang glares at Katara.png
500 KB, 720x540
We've had this discussion ten thousands times over. Stop making this thread.
>>
File: 1382998726607.jpg (55 KB, 563x601) Image search: [Google]
1382998726607.jpg
55 KB, 563x601
>>333386175
>>
>>333386209
>I swing my weapon at walls and keep slashing corpses
>What is repair powder is that a thing?
>Not carrying a backup weapon

It wasn't even close to unplayable you dunce but it was certainly not good
>>
>>333386162
Well I mean, yeah.

If we aren't discussing the technical aspects of both games, it's bound to be a subjective discussion.
>>
9/10 as a game
Variable 4/10 - 10/10 in atmosphere

/v/ jerks off to atmosphere, hence the hate.
>>
>>333386431
>9/10 as a game

yeah if you ignore the broken hitboxes, floaty combat and bland simple level design
>>
>>333386175
True, which is probably why I thought they were so awesome. Garl Vinland and Quelaag were both badass.
>>
>>333386227
More like Miyasaki and B-Team
>>
File: 1409837146815.jpg (22 KB, 800x575) Image search: [Google]
1409837146815.jpg
22 KB, 800x575
>>333386356
Not until you faggots admit that 2 was the superior game!
>>
>>333384248
You havent played Armoured Core then
>>
>>333386308
Dark souls 2 overall just has better boss design.

I mean how many actual good bosses can you name from dark souls 1? it's not that great. most of them are pretty trash.

>>333386336
it's not even just that all of the dark souls 1 levels were really small compared to dark souls 2. you can traverse almost every level in dark souls 1/2 in about 5 mins. if you just run thru it. I don't think thier is a single level in either game that actually takes 10 min to get to a diffrent bonfire DESU.
>>
>>333382478
Soul Memory

I like to help people by coop. SM totally fucks that over.

Either 1. I limit the amount i coop or 2. I coop as much as i want, but it will become impossible for me to do so after a few hours of doing a boss, and every boss i want to coop after that will be harder and harder to find people. About half way through the game i could not find a single person to coop any content with.

The fact is DS1 did matchmaking better when it worked. And DS3 has the best system yet.
>>
>>333386209
Oh look, it's another retard who stuck to just 1 weapon despite the game showering him with all sorts of different weapons and upgrade materials from the beginning.
>>
>>333384414
It doesn't equal out because when you win a fight in PvP you gain souls so even if you want to fight at a certain level area with fully or not upgraded equipment, every fight you win slowly pushes you out of your own SM range into the range of people who have put more souls into their level or equipment.

And what's worse is if someone really likes to co-op and area or boss, then the more they do it then eventually they'll push themselves out of the summoning SM range of people in the area but then it won't stop there, when they get to the next area they'll get summoned a lot less because they've already pushed their SM above the norm in the prior area, and then after the few amount of summons from shitters who lost their souls a lot they might not get summoned at all in the next area.

It's just completely illogical and literally doesn't stop twinking at all, I'd know because I did several twink builds where I just ran past every enemy and only killed bosses.
>>
I actually really like ds2

I hated the fucking anime sprint animation though HOLY shit

the player animations were far superior in the first. The level design and atmopshere were also a lot better. The fact you couldnt teleport made it feel like a dangerous adventure always weighing up risk reward.
>>
File: 1453499819053.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1453499819053.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>333385503
they do it for free
>>
>>333382478
I personally found the areas not as interesting, some bonfires are placed in annoying locations, and it gave me the impression difficulty was based more around facing multiple enemies at the same time than DS1 which felt like it was about learning patterns (altough I could be worng in this last statement, but that's just what it felt like to me).

I just found it boring and tedious in general.
>>
>>333386579
>and upgrade materials from the beginning.

That's not how I remember DaS2.
>>
>>333386417
Of course it will be, and I'm not saying that people are wrong in liking DaS, but I think the problem lies in the fact that people expected DaS2 to be the same game, and the things you listed, shows that you didn't like the changes that were made. I think that's fair, but I think it's also true that most people that think DaS2 is shit, is because they just like DaS more, and they wanted DaS2 to be similar, which is a retarded expectation.
>>
>>333386531
When you say design, do you mean artistic design? In which case all of these;

Gaping Dragon, Ceaseless Discharge, Quelaag, Priscilla, Ornstein and Smough, Four Kings, Nito, Seath the Scaleless.

If from a gameplay perspective, I would take Ceaseless out.
>>
>>333383468
Yeah, you're right. Amana isn't mediocre, it's absolute garbage
>>
>>333386604
I admitted parts of dark souls 2 were shitty like SM and Adaptability, you're a special kind of retard.

Go play dark souls 1's fantastic pvp, oh wait its just fucking backstab fishing.
>>
>>333386585
I literally had a character I used exclusively to help people in /dsg/ and just randoms for OnS when Dark Souls first came out.

I did the same thing with a Cleric in Dark Souls 2 with Smelter Demon, only to get pushed out of everyones range after about 8 kills.
>>
>>333386585
Wasn't there a ring that stopped you from getting souls? Sounds like that would solve all your problems. I know it's a shitty solution, but it's at least a solution.
>>
>>333386431
This is the truth. Every complaint on /v/ is related to either difficulty or something irrelevant like lore or atmosphere.
>>
>>333386227
Nobody wants to watch 3 because spoilers
>>
>>333386476
MUH NU-HARDCORE CRED
I'M SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN COD AND FIFA PLAYERS
WHO ARE DUMB
LOL
I'M SO SMART
>>
>>333386505
I'll admit it wasn't a bad game. But it was inferior to DS1 in every. single. solitary. regard.

The one and only thing it did right was adding a grab animation for backstabs
>>
>>333386836
Bro.... you can't bring PvP into the discussion, the PvP in every single one of the games is fucking horrible. It's broken and completely unbalanced.

The game isn't a pvp game. It's a pve game with a light co-op and competitive element.
>>
>>333386676
I don't think it's bad to expect DaS2 to be similar to DaS1. I think you meant to say it's bad to expect DaS2 to be the SAME as DaS1. I would agree with that.

Also, they are heavily comparable as the main objective behind both games is basically the same.

>Chosen undead slays 4 unique bosses, goes on to slay final boss

So people are going to be inclined to express their thoughts about both adventures and how they compare to each other.
>>
>>333386209
Can't blame the game for punishing your Katana faggotry.
>>
>>333386734
>Ceaseless Discharge
>Priscilla
>4 Kings
>Nito
>Seath
Good bosses?
ayy lmoa
>>
>>333386852
Yeah that was added much later around the time of the first DLC I think?
>>
>>333386392

Going through bastille, opening a door and having 8 motherfuckers rush you with your weapon breaking after killing 5 was definitely good gameplay.

Very fun carrying 4 fucking swords switching them out faster than magazines in a shooter.

Best part was summoning a friend to find out that shit literally broke in a single hit from 1/3 durability if i hit them at any point.

>DaS2 is good guise
>>
>>333386908
PvP.
>>
>>333386967
I found them all to be way more inspiring than any of the generic bosses in 2.
>>
>>333386967
4Kings is a pretty good boss on its own, it's just the damage race that ruins it.
>>
>>333386531
Nigga the issue is that DS2 has bonfires every minute instead of giving you a shortcut not that you can just run through everything in 2 seconds, and making a level xboxhueg doesn't make it good

>Dark souls 2 overall just has better boss design.
Now hol up nigga the only memorable fights of DS2 come from the DLC The Ivory king and Iron king ones
>>
>>333386734
game play, artistic design is in my honest opinon all up to actual personnel preference.

in yout list I would probably remove these from a gameplay perspective. mainly:
Four kings
Ceaseless(as you stated he is trash)
Seath.

I found 4 kings/seath to be pretty bad, then again I did play demon souls first so most of my top 10 boses are going to be taken up by that game.

nito/priscilla are honestly personnel preference imo. I've seen fans love, and hate both of them.
>>
>>333386868
they game had over 20k in the last few days.
the hype is kill.
>>
>>333386734
>four kangz
>gravelord "just fuck my legs up" nito
>Seath
>good bosses

all four of the lord bosses were shit, they may have looked cool but its a shame they are no fun to fight
>>
>>333382478
>inferior branching map design
>individual level design is inferior to the first half of DaS1, visibly (but superior to the second half, for the most part)
>difficulty design is "throwing 30 rats at you", there isn't a single enemy that is challenging on its own, all enemies have a combination of rehashed DaS1 movesets, there is nothing unique or a new situation thrown at you, just stacking more and more of the same weak enemies
>boss design is either "group of normal enemies" or "big humanoid with swipe, dash, and pierce"
>lore took a big shit, they tried to desperately extend the story of DaS1 and did a poor job with it, not so much the setting, but the way exposition was paced, and how lore discovery was poorly planted around
>they hired a cheap translation team that completely fucked the game up for non-japanese users by adding random details to their leisure, as a game appreciated for its universe coherency
>after a single success, they already split the team in two and put the one person mattering on the other side, working on the IP for which they got free funding, while leaving this one to the shitter
>miyazaki himself admitted in an interview that this IP was serve as for new interns to practice on and get some experience, and by his tone it clearly showed that it was a publisher decision he had no say on (this was before he became president)
>the worst bosses in the entire serie
>autotarget tracking bug, this happened because of...
>the dumb agility stat, which also led to the...
>worst hitboxes in the serie so far
>key story points locked behind dlc (paid full price for a story designed from the grounds-up to be completed by paying 20$ more, cancerous shit)
>soul memory
>(vanilla DaS2) the objectively worst ending of a souls game, maybe even the entire FROM library.
>>
>>333382478
I honestly feel that every aspect of Ds2 was inferior to ds1, the world design being shit and having no sense of connection between each path, enemy placements and difficulty progression by copy pasting enemies or placing them in cheap locations (first sin made this worse), environment design, atmosphere, "1-2 color locations". Demon souls and Dark souls one had this subtle use of colors that gave a really good atmospheric sense by for example inserting deep blue and purple in the darkroot garden, bloodborne was also amazing at this subtleness of colors and colored lighting. Super generic enemy and character design etc.

Though if I had to say my biggest personal problem with Ds2 was the Boss design. thats what I've found to be most amazing in the other souls games and what made me so extremely disappointed after playing ds2.

Ds1 bosses always introduces a new and exciting challenge that you have to work around. From running around the fatass asylum demon, to climbing and tricking the taurus demon / rolling through its legs, then capra demon which is completely dependant on positioning within a enclosed space which forces you to sprint around, then Gaping Dragon which is a gigantic fucking beasts which you have to figure your way around.

In Ds2 you start of with a slightly uniqueyet amazingly lame boss where the one thing you have to do is stand between its legs and hit it. And after that you have pursuer which is only about one thing, rolling into its pivoting attacks. After that you have the same shit with the dragon knight, lost sinner, Glass knight,Flexile sentry and vendrick too, pretty much every boss is the same concept of one boss constantly facing you with pivoting attacks forcing you to roll through rather than navigate around, except for some shitty (multiple boss memes) like the gargoyles, rat bosses, sentinels, skeletal lords, sentinels, reused dragonknight x2.
>>
>>333386975
>broke in a single hit from 1/3 durability
>WOW I DIED IN A SINGLE HIT FROM 1/3 HEALTH HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO SEE THAT COMING
Just switch weapons and it will auto repair at the next bonfire if you don't break it like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>333387074
>Now hol up nigga the only memorable fights of DS2 come from the DLC The Ivory king and Iron king ones

that's not true, the final boss is memorable because of how shit it was
>>
>>333386852
Not him but its one super shitty "solution" because players dont get rewarded for helping others.

Fact is the amount of souls you have is barely relevant to your pvp or coop ability. Soul level + weapon level is a fair system and should have been in DS2.

People really hate SM becase fundamentally its a step back from DS1 matchmaking.
>>
>>333386945
>I think you meant to say it's bad to expect DaS2 to be the SAME as DaS1.
Yeah, you're right.

>>Chosen undead slays 4 unique bosses, goes on to slay final boss
I get the hate on this, but I also think it's fitting, since the lore of the universe sort of points towards that the first flame will have to be kindled every generation or so. I like it in the sense that it feels like that there's been hundres of other chosen undead, who kindled the first flame between the first and second game.

But again, subjective stuff.

>>333386970
Oh, right. I never played around with it, so I didn't know.
>>
>>333387108
>inferior branching map design
You mean superior. Metroidvanias are overrated as shit and they cause more limitations in level design than they're worth for 3d games.
>>
Dark souls 2 is just unfinished. Everything is a box. Every single fucking area is just a box. The graphics look like shit. The bosses are not well thought out and have no real meaning. In the first game you kill Gods, in 2 you kill random fuckers. There is no story in 2, any story that there is is so boring that no one cared about it.

Fuck dark souls 2 desu. Its shit. It even got it wrong by basically removing shields without providing guns or some other replacement like bloodbourne did.
>>
>>333386975
I've never got my weapon broken other than when i fought some of the dlc bosses; and also i've always used a single weapon when working on my builds.You are obviously retarded and a fucking parrot that tries too hard to fit in to this shitty community.
>>
>>333387062
Sure, I agree. The DPS race basically forces you to go hardcore rolling all out damage or just go full on body tanking with Giants/Havels.

Nito is a horrible boss fight. It's 100% reliant on the skeletons to be even remotely scary. He literally cannot hit you if you stand in front of him, unless he uses his super telegraphed AoE or his REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE move.

I always just downgrade the Occult Club from Anor Londo into a Blessed Club and use it to perma-kill the 3 skeletons that aggro you, wait for Nito to slowly saunter towards me then just kill him. Nito is easily the worst boss of the final 4 outside of Bed of Chaos.
>>
File: Helmet_of_pursuer.jpg (11 KB, 468x216) Image search: [Google]
Helmet_of_pursuer.jpg
11 KB, 468x216
>>333387146
The only memorable boss was this underwhelming fucker. It felt like an unused concept from either DeS or DaS.
>>
>>333386908
excpet it wasn't at all.

Dark souls 2
"bertter boses
Better PVP
better combat
better level design.

the only thing dark souls 1 does better is atmosphere.

>>333387231
>this post... lol
>>
>>333387080
Yeah I mean the timed part of 4 Kings was annoying on my first run, but it really didn't end up being all that bad once I realized my weapon was garbage.

As for Seath, I can see how people didn't like the boss. Smash the crystal, stand in front of his weird lower body and just hit the fuck out of it. As well as Nito, just sit infront of him and never get hit.

I think those parts are pretty lame, but man it's hard to not appreciate how awesome they were artistically. Also yeah, you mentioned that it's down to personal preference, I agree.
>>
File: 1459398751795.jpg (72 KB, 579x460) Image search: [Google]
1459398751795.jpg
72 KB, 579x460
>>333387083
what kind of faggot judge the quality of games based on views of twitch or whatever that is? what kind of-
>/v/
oh okay i see
>>
>>333387148
I never PvP'd in DaS2, only did co-op, and I actually liked that you couldn't get your SL800+ buddy in to kill Ruin Sentinels for you on your first playthrough. It made sense.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134 KB, 1440x810
>>333387146
at least you couldn't parry it, lets be honest both last bosses are broken pieces of shit that fall in comparison to pic related.
>>
>>333382478

no miyazaki

it didnt "feel" as good as 1. the DLC was better though.
>>
>>333387231
What are you on about you fucking retard? Forgot to take your pills again?
>>
>>333387113
>>333387231
>The bosses are not well thought out and have no real meaning
This.
Every boss in ds2 is lame as fuck, where as the other souls games has some of the most amazing bosses in both design, gameplay, music and mood.
>>
>>333387309
Lets also not forget the disgrace that was running the game at 60fps or the fact that every boss is either a guy with a sword or a big enemy with tons and tons of small enemies around it. Because "le dark souls is hard XD."

das2 is a good example of just plain terrible game design.
>>
>>333387368
>You no longer have spaghetti limbs with Artorias's set
FUCKING DROPED
>>
>>333387231
>Dark souls 2 is just unfinished
you can say that for every souls game

Demon's souls is unfinished because of that one broken archstone

Dark souls is unfinished because of lost izalith and BoC and the overall dip in quality after lordvessel

from what I heard ds2 was actually a garbage game and was given to another director halfway through production to make the game not shit as possible
>>
>>333387324
like I siad if you ask anyone what the best 5 bosses in any souls game, it's going to be up to an opion genreally:

fallen king allant(DES)
flamelurker(FUCK THAT GUY DES)
Flume knight
garl vinland/velstad(might as well call them the same fucking bossDES/DAS2)
Ornistien/fatass(DAS)

>>333387479
lol your shit taste is actually kinda funny

Dark souls 2 blows dark souls 1 out of the fucking water game design wise. and that isn't even debatable.
>>
>>333387292
>Nito is easily the worst boss of the final 4 outside of Bed of Chaos.
My least favorite out of the three is Seath. At least you're dodging moves sometimes with Nito, while albino dragon over here just pops crystals from the ground and sometimes fires a beam. Actually, I don't even remember if Seath does horizontal beams and I've played this shit for 1000+ hours.
>>
File: 1458711599021.jpg (60 KB, 796x431) Image search: [Google]
1458711599021.jpg
60 KB, 796x431
>>333387368
>the coil sword is not a trick weapon
MIYAZAKII!!!
>>
>>333387027
>Cracked orbs only
>Soul Memory punishes you for invading.
>That hilarious ghost strike and online lag

No man, I love the online aspect. If it actually had any redeeming features I could have stuck around for more than one plauthrough
>>
>>333387594
Yeah it isn't debatable that you are completely wrong. Dark souls 2 is the worst designed game made by a professional team that i have ever played in my life.
>>
>>333387514
You do, it's not Artorias' pants.

The Onion set, on the other hand, is that deformed thing from 2.
>>
>>333387113
>pursuer which is only about one thing, rolling into its pivoting attacks. After that you have the same shit with the dragon knight, lost sinner, Glass knight,Flexile sentry and vendrick too, pretty much every boss is the same concept of one boss constantly facing you with pivoting attacks forcing you to roll through rather than navigate around, except for some shitty (multiple boss memes) like the gargoyles, rat bosses, sentinels, skeletal lords, sentinels, reused dragonknight x2.
This alone is enough to consider ds2 trash compared to the other games
>>
>>333387681
the lag was non existant compared to DaS1 and lets not forget that fromsoft completely killed PvP in bloodborne.
>>
>>333387706
>this amount of bait

please anon, we all know it's far better gameplay wise, your trying to hard.
>>
File: 1459165627758.png (25 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1459165627758.png
25 KB, 228x239
Man this DaS2>DaS1 meme is probably the most effortless bait around.
>>
>>333387309

>better bosses

The biggest conplaint people have is that 80% of the bosses are slow moving humanoids with big swords. Some being moveset copies of each other just with a different skin.

>better PvP

No. Just no. Nothing about the multiplayer was better in 2 over 1.

>better level design

In the DLC? Yes. In the base DaS2 game? Hell no. Need I remind you of the elevator in Earthen Peak that starts at the top of a freestanding windmill and goes UP into a fucking volcano?
>>
>>333387841
reverse baiting is still baiting.
>>
>>333387924
I'll trust your experience on this one.
>>
>>333387804
Oh yeah sure it's better in terms of pvp and weapons but the enemy placement is shit, the bosses are shit, the original armor designs are meh.

And that is no surprise, they take the combat from dark souls 1 and made it slightly better. But they aren't skilled enough to make something original that is good.
>>
>>333386970
>around the time of the first DLC I think?
Sometime around the third dlc
>>
>>333387309
>Ds2
>better bosses
HAHAHAHahAHAHAHaHAHHAHAa, this is the most bizarre and retarded thing I've heard someone say to praise ds2. If youre baiting I applaud you for your creativity.
See >>333387113
>>
>>333387841
I know, right? They can't even bother to bring the very few things it did right, they just go for ridiculous claims like level design and bosses.
>>
>>333387902
>boses
so then basically majority of dark souls 1 boses are trash then? becuese that's what you just said
>PVP
Dark souls 2 was far better it's pretty much a fact at this point. dark souls 1 PVP was trash

>>333388013
>>333388032
boses are better it's that simple. not even debatble other than 3 boses every boss in dark souls 1 is complete trash. try harder shiters :P
>>
>>333387779
Absolutely false. I got occasional lag in DS1 but it was mandatory in every single round in DS2. Also I wont defend BB, that game was shit and shouldn't rightly be considered souls.
>>
>>333385194
>killing ornstein first
>>
>>333387902
The earthen peak volcano has nothing to do with level design. You're an idiot and your criticisms consist of stupid bullshit you choose to parrot rather than forming an assessment for yourself.
>>
File: 1458923405742.png (478 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458923405742.png
478 KB, 600x600
>>333388165
>Also I wont defend BB, that game was shit and shouldn't rightly be considered souls.
>>
>>333388145
>bosses are better
>:P
Nice bait kek
>>
>>333388032
The bosses are way better in 2 than 1, what are you on?
>>
>>333388165
not everyone lives in straya m80.
lagstab fishing was the meta in DaS1.
in DaS2 you simple threw a few strikes to gauge the lag and thats it.
it wasnt perfect but at least your enemy didnt suddenly teleport into a backstab animation.
>>
>>333388145
>Trying to debate without coming with one single argument to back up your opinions.
Why dont take a few hours to think then try to explain how ds2's pivoting humanoids / multiple boss cancer is in any way better than the bosses in the other souls games.
>>
>>333388264
well considering it's not debatble. it's just a fact. DES/DAS2 boses are flat out better than DAS1 boses.

try again anon, mabye you might eventally get something right!

>>333388383
why don't you try to think of a way to show how DAS1 terrible shitty design is better than DAS2?

DAS2>DAS1 it's not debatable.
>>
File: 1317246922429.jpg (175 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1317246922429.jpg
175 KB, 500x1000
Who cares? Demon's Souls will always be the best.
>>
>>333388383
>multiple boss cancer
git gud
>>
>>333388308
Read >>333387902 >>333385908 >>333386096 >>333387113
>>
File: 1386402377067.jpg (35 KB, 271x284) Image search: [Google]
1386402377067.jpg
35 KB, 271x284
>DS2 releases
>Its unanimously hated.
>DS3 about to launch
>Suddenly a multitude of threads defending DS2

What happened?
>>
File: 1459268409769.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459268409769.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>333388498
>yfw the witches set can only be worn by female characters
>>
>>333388503
>git gud
This is the kind of underage faggot that actually likes Ds2
>>
>>333388723
thats a dark souls 1 meme.
btw. praise the sun faggot
>>
>>333388593
Every post you linked was written by an idiot who got wrecked and couldn't formulate a thought more complex than 'i didn't like it'.
>>
>>333388690
People defending ds2 like most threads is bait and has been frequent for ages.
>>
>>333388723
git gud
>>
>>333388780
>Spouting old / stale souls memes
Definition of underage newfag
>>
>>333388861
I'd like to see you find one nonbait I said while responding to bait post that explains how ds2 bosses in any way could be considered better.
so I said while re
>>
>>333389175
not him but the dlc areaa had some of the best bosses in the series imo

but that really isnt saying much when almost all the bosses in vanilla is underwhelming, ds2 would of forever been considered shit if the dlc was never released
>>
I enjoyed the game, but the NPCs weren't as interesting as in the first game. I think everything had great potential, but they didn't go beyond the basics in their design choices.

For example, the executioner chariot boss could have been amazing. I think the song for that boss really got me anxious. But it was over so quickly. Maybe if they had an audience of skeletons watching and cheering similar to the boss battle in Ninja Gaiden 2. Something to make you feel more overwhelmed.
>>
>>333389307

>best bosses in the series

For every "good" boss like Fume Knight and Allone we get:

>Graverobbers (gank squad)
>A cat
>2 cats
>rehashed smelter demon
>a boss that literally only summons adds
>a shitty hitbox dragon

Yeah, fucking phenomenal.
>>
>>333388483
>why don't you try to think of a way to show how DAS1 terrible shitty design is better than DAS2?
So you want someone to post a webm of DS1 where they doge an attack mid swing and the enemy doesn't spin around at the speed of sound and hit them anyway?

Because really you could just watch almost any gameplay video.
>>
>>333387209
Why have an open world when you don't connect it at all other than a linear path? At this point you make demon souls' lobby design which makes more sense as it has shorter empty connecting corridors in favor of condensed design.

DaS2 got rid of the intertwining exploration, but kept its downside, the loading masks, the empty corridors.

So it got the shit end of both deals. That's hardly superior to anything, infact it's the worst map in any souls game.
>>
>>333389307
I agree that the dragon was a pretty good fight, but I really think Alonne and fume knight are extremely overrated. Fume knight probably stood out mostly because of the fancy ground effects, the fight itself wasnt that amazing. The other DLC bosses are unarguably trash and maybe even worse the bosses in the base game. (gank squad, smelter demon, queen)
>>
>>333382478
>Not bait

No such thing
>>
come bridge i fk u up bitch
>>
>>333388228

OKay. How about the fact that, outside of the DLC, DaS2 is pretty much just a bunch of straight lines leading to the great souls? DaS1 the various paths looped and joined in a way that made sense and there was a greater sense of exploration. Even once you get the lordvessel the game has good level design. In DaS2 it's a series of pretty much straight pathways and the endgame is literally one pathway, no other options. At least the end game in DaS1 you could pick which lord soul you wanted to tackle first. Shit, if you were ballsy enough you could go down to New Londo and kill the four kings before ever touching Taurus.

Then you have the enemies. DaS2 enemy placement is shitty. The difficulty isn't because of the level design or the enemy strategies. It's purely because 80% of the time, the game just throws ten enemies at you at once. Two of the boss fights are case in point. Ruin Sentinels and the Gank Squad from Sunken Crown. The ONLY reason they are difficult is because there's three of them and one of you. At least with Biggy and Smalls they had differing movesets and when you killed one it changed the way the other fought. The Ruin Sentinels are just three of the same boss.

DaS2 wasn't shit, but it also wasn't better than 1.
>>
>>333382478
Soul memory
>>
>>333389959
>>333387113
>>333387108
>>333385992
>>333385908
Why bother typing posts this long? I hope you realize this whole "ds2 is betr" is bait and you will never get any meaningful responses, only "git gud XD" or "ur opinion is shit XD".
>>
People who dont like dark souls 2 should probably become better at games in order to form more worthwhile opinions.
>>
>>333390359
And here >>333390485 is a great example. Literally every pro-ds2 post is bait.
>>
>>333390485
This is a sick post.

Ultimate bait.

Because if someone says they platinumed Dark Souls 2 and it's still shit you can counter with "Well why'd you platinum it? It must be a good game then"

and if someone hasn't platinumed it or put in a minimum number of hours you can just hand wave them and tell them to come back once they've met your critieria.
>>
Rose tinted glasses for Dark Souls, which suffered from the same amount of problems as Dark Souls 2.
>>
agility a shit
bosses a shit
pvp a shit
>>
>>333386175

>Najka a rehash of Queelag

But she literally shares none of her moveset. Same with Garl.
>>
>>333390485
i beat ds2 the first time i ever played it without dying on the hardest difficulty.

it is a terrible game and way too easy
>>
>>333390763
If you posts arguments this simple ds2 fags might actually be able to respond.
>>
>>333390485
Finished DaS2 a week before it released, as I played the leak
Took me two days for a first blind playtrhough (18 hours) (knew absolutely nothing beforehand, including betas and information)
Game is a joke, especially going STR build with a greatshield, you are safe, nothing can knock you off, and you get free damage all the time

>hard
>>
>dumb durability system
>minimal tracking on player attacks (especially rolling attacks, jesus christ)
>maximum tracking on enemies, including NPC invaders
>NPC invaders and NPC enemies in general completely ignore rules and restrictions set in place on players
>SOFTS adds a bunch of NPC invaders for no real reason other than to waste people's time
>some of these invaders have inexplicable amounts of HP and poise (looking at you dennis)
>with online not being based on SL as well as being able to level insanely quickly means there's no reason not to be good at everything
>more weapons, but many of the weapons have the same moveset and some are objectively better than others
>improved upgrade system but trying to get certain materials is a pain in the ass (you will get 6 titanite slabs before you get 6 chunks unless you're a bell fucker)
>some armors and weapons in the game are farm only with absurdly low drops
>others are NG+ or ascetic only
>500 duel points to get great chaos fireball
those are some complaints off the top of my head
>>
>>333382478
I think it's easily explained in 4 points:

>soul memory
>Worst hit detection ever
>DUDE ENEMIES LMAO
>Making invincibility frames a stat

I mean, I like it because it's the best one to play fist fighter in but they basically fucked up all the core points of the game in a single game.
>>
>>333390868
Learn to fucking read, it's aesthetically.
>>
>>333390485
>The Playstation 3 was my first console starter kit
>>
>>333386125

>3

Literally every single grab hitbox (there are 9)
Iron Golem's moves
Ceaseless Discharge
Smough and Super Smough
Bed of Chaos
Every dog
Manus

O-only 3! Miyazaki's masterpiece FUKIN REDDIT SJW REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333382478
>that controller deadzone
That alone should be reason enough
>>
>>333391105

Learn to write, you mentioned nothing about their connection being purely aesthetic.
>>
>>333387301
He was a huge nigger in scholar of the first sin. They put him in all kinds of places that would fuck you hard and catch you unprepared.

Original mode was fucking cake with this guy.
>>
Its not a 1 to 1 copy of dark souls
>>
>>333390763
>people actually think that endless backstab fishing and heavy armored faggots flipping around like fairies was good

c'mon. you can admit that DaSII improved PvP
>>
>>333391197

Let's not act like any of the games (Demon's Dark 1, Dark 2, and Bloodborne) are well made.

FROM is a B-Tier developer. Most of the games have a shitload of just straight up technical problems.

>wonky hitboxes
>input lag or straight up losing inputs
>glitches out the ass
>incredibly poor optimization in some areas
>not even particularly impressive on a technical or artistic level

The only reason Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are looking so good is because of how successful Dark Souls 1 was. It's become FROM's cash cow.

If you truly believe the series is going to "rest" at DS3, then you've got another thing coming. Once whatever new IP FROM's launching flops it's straight back into Bloodborne or making a new IP that is, but isn't Dark Souls.
>>
>>333391197
>Iron Golem's moves
>Smough and Super Smough
>Bed of Chaos
>Every dog
>Manus
You know everyone here played the game, right?
>>
>>333387301
I wish pursuers sword would have become a thing. Tighten up the blade and handle a bit, fix up it's moveset and add a slow startup glowing blue thrust impalement for it's R2 and it'd be a cool as hell weapon to keep in the series.
>>
>>333383897
If it doesn't have Strike damage, it ain't worth using
>>
I think the biggest thing for me was a lot of the places weren't interesting to look at or explore. Plus most of the bosses were boring (the horde bosses), a slog (Smelter demon), or both (that big fucking frog).

Story-wise it was also a mess. In hindsight I understand what is going on now, but really all it does is add more context to the events of 1 and possibly setting up the world for 3 at the cost of its own identity
>>
File: 1456154020864.webm (2 MB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
1456154020864.webm
2 MB, 900x563
>>333391579

Smough has been posted already.
>>
>>333391579

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTW8CgG4pE&feature=youtu.be
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.