[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here actually hyped for Doom 4? From what iv'e seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
Anyone here actually hyped for Doom 4?

From what iv'e seen anytime it's brought up /v/irgins shit on it.
It's definitely different from 1&2 but is that what you want? 1&2 again but with better visuals?
A lot of you admit their outdated and can't be played without mods.
So what's the point in not making it more modern?
>>
>>333358628
I'll get it on sale for $15 after the multilayer is long dead

They really should have a proper level editor though
>>
>>333358628
judging from how the beta played it will ok (fucking amazing by modern standards i.e. no standards) it's got problems mostly stemming from other modern games but not much you can do about that these days... It will really come down to the level design in singleplayer which isn't something they've shown off at all
only a retard would call the original games outdated they are both still very relevant
>>
I've seriously never played a doom game before, but I thought the beta was fun. What games in the series do I play/avoid?
>>
Reminder that people on /v/ are only butthurt about the new Doom because they can't aim for shit, and you didn't rely on aim in the original
>>
>>333359864
>What games in the series do I play/avoid?

Are you retarded? There are only 2 games in the series.
>>
>>333359864
play all of them. play 3 and appreciate what it did wrong.
>>
It's too slow
Doom is for fast
>>
>>333359864
play them all
i'd recommend zdoom and disable jumping vertical mouselook etc and set compatability to "doom strict"
doom 3 and ROE aren't like the old ones but they are ok in there own way
>>333359994
do you ever realise how stupid you seem when you make an argument without substance?
if you want it to emulate the original speed i suggest you go look at the ROTT remake first
>>
>>333359994
Not really.
>>
>>333358628
How are they outdated? I sometimes play them with mods, sometimes without.
A new game should have its foundations set in 1&2 and evolve upon them, this means recognizing the key/fundamental/"gravitational" points of the series and than understanding what it means to evolve and grow upon them.
If you just copy you spin around in circles, if you just distance yourself from what made the series great you are pissing on the foundation pillars and on the original fans who build you up, and history has shown that this is not a good idea.
>>
>>333358628
Hi Todd.
>>
>>333359109
Yeah just like quakes mp is dead right?
>>
>>333359864

This game is for you, then.

Be part of the problem and pay for it. On a console preferably.
>>
>>333358628
I'm looking forward to the campaign.
>>
>>333358628
I fuckign hate the loadout shit, I need way the fuck more weapons. That said, if they release a classic MP mode, unlock FOV, and make the mouse not feel like a pile of dogshit, I'm absofuckinglutely picking it up. I for the most part enjoyed the beta, plasma rifle alt fire and an SS blast was a guaranteed kill, especially with a frag. I liked it, the fov made me nauseous, and 2 weapons just does. not. work. with waht they clearly are aiming for. In the mean time I'll keep playing and being shit at UT4, it's a shame Reflekks or whateve ris kill, and so is the other one, whatever hte hell that's called. I'd love to have an arena shooter with people that played consistently but aren't so much better than me it's like running into a fucking wall.
>>
>>333362605

reflex
toxikk
nexuiz
etc.

ut's pre alpha is bad but playable, especially with new flak changes.
>>
>>333362860
warsow and xonotic are good too
>>
File: eww.jpg (31 KB, 213x410) Image search: [Google]
eww.jpg
31 KB, 213x410
Even as someone who is hyped to hell for this game I think the multiplayer looks like shit. But no one plays Doom for the multiplayer, everyone is excited for it on the basis that its an Id multiplayer but I want a good Doom singleplayer and although there seems to be a lot of changes they also seem to be including a lot of respectable little toches and nods to the original that still make it look like a proper Doom game. I am worried about enemies being bullet sponges and the level design being trash but if you notice the flaws everyone endlessly harps on about and actually try to think about how they apply to the core gameplay most of them do not detract and are only little things. The actual combat looks glorious and before someone complains about the melee kills I will defend them.

They look extremely fast and fluid, the point is to keep you in combat for bonus health and ammo instead of ending it to gather resources or health regen. They specifically made it so the body part you're looking at is the part that is attacked so it is more seemless and the kills in actual gameplay and not "WOAH LOOK HOW GRUESOME WE ARE" trailers have been very fast and non intrusive unless you consider any interruption intrusive. If that is the case than at least be reasonable with your crticism instead of saying
>one flaw
>THIS ENTIRE GAME IS SHIT HOLY FUCK ITS LITERALLY HALO COD CONSOLE SHIT FUCK BETHESDA EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE PUBLISHERS

I wish people would be more reasonable instead of taking a few things and blowing them the fuck out of proportion but I know that is standard practice for 4chan culture and it is pointless to complain. This is still a projectile based shooter where the player's skill is the driving force with a shit ton of weapons available all at once and you're killing demons in hell.
>>
I remember ctrl+fing "slow" in the original e3 sticky for this and there was like 150 results
>>
>>333358628
If the multuplayer is anything like the actual game, I'll pick it up on sale a couple months down the line. It'll at least be worth that. THis just looks like a game that wants to cash in on its heritage without doing anything special or interesting. I'm willing to admit Doom 3 had its issues, but at least it tried some interesting ideas that worked in its favor. To this day I still cant think of a game that is more dark.
>>
Is this the stealth UT thread?
>>
File: Doomguy.png (89 KB, 283x244) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.png
89 KB, 283x244
Doomguy's design is the thing that made me just say "Nope, fuck this."

Honestly I think they should've just demasked him. I get that he's wearing a helmet in the original but it's not like he's faceless like fucking Master Chief. He should have looked fucking raw, instead he looks like a bad Halo ripoff.
>>
>>333358628
I find it hard to get hyped when there's fuck all single player footage. How about the first level or boss or something? Everything substantial shown recently is based around multiplayer.
>>
I'll give it a chance, but so far that Cyberdemon looks fucking retarded
>>
>>333358628
Super hyped for the singleplayer.

Don't give a fuck about multiplayer. I played the beta and didn't really like. Loadouts are retarded and player health is too high so all the weapons felt weak as shit.

Snapmap looks cool.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.