[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Megaman Battle Network >KH:Chain of Memories >Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1454093724003.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1454093724003.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>Megaman Battle Network
>KH:Chain of Memories
>Metal Gear Ac!d

Is the card based fighting genre dead? What happened to it, it's one of my favorites.
>>
Come on /v/, does no one care?
>>
Screw games, I'll just make shitposting threads I guess.
>>
File: R_434_Transformed_Rin.jpg (420 KB, 1080x1520) Image search: [Google]
R_434_Transformed_Rin.jpg
420 KB, 1080x1520
Just play mobage bro
>>
>>333358375

The what?
>>
>no Yggdra Union
>>
Baten Kaitos
>>
>>333358937

I remember trying that game in my early teens and giving up on it.

Riviera also comes to mind, but I don't think that was a card game
>>
Capcom milked MMBN and MMSF to death with like ten yearly releases in a row, the BN1 DS port with SF bonuses sold less than 5,000 copies

CoM was a one-go thing, TWEWY was slightly similar because Jupiter, but they haven't done much since but some pretty alright Medabots spin-offs and Picross

If IntSys weren't retarded, Sticker Star could've at least had a decent card battle system, but nooooo
>>
WHERE'S MY FUCKING MMBN COLLECTIONS ON THE 3DS CAPCOM?!

God, there's so much fucking potential, imagine you can get random chips with street passes, some chips even being street pass only to keep people doing it.

Imagine the resurgence in the net battling community?

FUCK MAN
>>
>>333359595

Megaman is dead and buried

we just have to hope for a fangame/inspired indie with online capabilities.

But yeah whatever. It was going downhill when they introduced crosses and souls, made battling piss easy with folder tactics and customizations out the window.
>>
File: this isn't even fair.png (9 KB, 143x144) Image search: [Google]
this isn't even fair.png
9 KB, 143x144
>>333358937
Then you get Gravity Chaos and every card except Revolution becomes pointless. Goddamn overpowered card.
>>
>>333359904

Imo the crosses/souls didn't do that. An over abundance of same code chips did.
>>
>>333360014

You could just spam charged attack of whatever form and win all random encounters.

Nah the system was nice in that you didn't have to grind for styles, but all difficulty even in virus formations and attacks got way dialed down.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.