[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mech games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: mech.jpg (154 KB, 1239x645) Image search: [Google]
mech.jpg
154 KB, 1239x645
What are the best mech games?

Bonus points for coop and/or PvP and a shitton of customization
>>
battlefield 2142
>>
>>333354631
Played to death, and also literally dead
>>
Zone of the Enders
Front Mission
Custom Robo
>>
>>333354720
>download Front Mission 3
>artstyle is fucking trash
>find out that it has two routes and the one I'm currently playing is trash
At least I was only an hour in, I guess I'll play FM1 instead.
>>
>>333355045
Which route did you go down?
>>
>>333354631
I miss this game so much.
>>
>>333355103
I accompanied the chucklefuck to the construction site.
>>
>>333355045
I hope you like missiles and being hit by hundreds of them per turn.
>>
Mechwarrior 3 was by far my favorite. The campaign was pretty fun but the online and community was fucking great. There were websites set up that simulated the universe and worlds. Clans would have an area with planets and there would be online matches to take controll and defend them. We did mostly stock mech battles and some customs here and there.

And that intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMlJQ0G3zk4
>>
File: mechw steam.jpg (73 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
mechw steam.jpg
73 KB, 600x371
Sadly this is the best one there is

It's pretty good actually
>>
>>333355190
Pretty sure that's Emma's route. I thought it was pretty good especially when you airdrop on to the White House.
>>
Gundam breaker 3
>>
Hawken
>>
>>333354514
>Bonus points for coop and/or PvP and a shitton of customization
mech warrior online
if you actually do start playing it though I recommend just dropping $20 or $30 for a mastery pack after you get all your trial matches done and buy your first mech
it'll give you a nice money earner for bonus cash and premium time for even more bonus cash
>>
>>333355289
I don't have a problem with ATGMs as long as either mine are as accurate as the enemy's or I have a way of countering them, be it cover or something else.

>>333355474
From what I read it's riddled with filler and there isn't much strategy involved, at that point I might as well get to finish MS Sega.
>>
>>333355593
Hawken is actually one of the few mech game iv played, I found that the weapons felt like shooting wet noodles though which was a massive turn off for me

>>333355427
>>333355645
This looks pretty good, lots of customization things, Ill give it a shot.
>>
Ok.

NES
Blaster Master
Abadox
Guardian Legend
Metal Storm

SNES
Metal Warriors
Front Mission Gun Hazard (there's a translation patch)
Assault Suits Valken (there's a translation patch, but if you don't really care about that, you can get Cybernator, its american version)

PS1
Gear Fighter DENDOH
Macross
Remote Control Dandy

PS2
R.A.D. (Robot Alchemic Drive)
Macross
Gundam One Year War
Remote Control Dandy SP

I could recommend Super Robot Wars or some other less known series, but most of the games are in japanese.
>>
>>333355712
>considering p2w scams a la WoT or MWO
>ever
>>
>>333355712
The early adopters of mechwarrior online got burned hard and will shit on that game and have every right to.

Even then in it's current state as a casual game it's perfectly fine and it has a big roster and you can customize your robots and be big and stompy and it's fun. Pricing on cosmetics are sort of outrageous though and apparently the competitive level of the game is kind of broken.

There's really nothing to lose though and you don't really need to spend a lick of real money on it to enjoy yourself.
>>
>>333355678
You don't have any way to counter missiles in FM1. You'll soon understand why missiles are unbalanced as fuck, and once you learn Guide, you just bought yourself a one-way ticket to victory.
>>
>>333355712
if you plan on spending real money on the game, NEVER buy anything from the in-game shop with MC
the packages on the game's website give you much more for your $

>>333355906
MWO isn't even close to P2W
For fucks sake they have a laserboat Timber Wolf up as a trial mech right now.
>>
>>333355678
I've finished MS Saga, and let me say it was totally NOT worth it. Long and grindy as fuck. Everything is forgettable.
>>
ROFUP I
ROFUP I
ROFUP I
>>
So are any Armored Core good? I haven't tried one since the PSone and I hated it.
>>
>>333356032
>You don't have any way to counter missiles in FM1
Not even by using the terrain as cover?

>>333356116
I like it solely because I can fuck around and make franken MSes. As for the grind, I played most non-boss battles with the framelimiter disabled, if I ever get back into it I'll just give myself a shitton of ECAP-S.
>>
>>333356296
No, nothing at all. You can throw chaff around, but they're only for a single character, and I think they don't last that long. Also you just wasted someone's turn throwing it.
>>
>>333356224
The PS1 Armored Core games are a lot more enjoyable if you fuck with both the game and the emulator's key binds and make so that the controls are like standard console FPS ones. The problem is that if you do that the game becomes disgustingly easy.
>>
>>333356296
*I'll just give myself a shitton of ECAP-S via cheating.
I disabled the framelimiter because battles took way too long for my liking and the encounter rate was stupidly high even with the stealth item. Also I remember that the difficulty is all over the place.

But seriously, fuck ECAP-S. The whole system is stupid as the more expensive stuff is literally memes (Zakrello schyte, by the time you can afford that you already have the Shining Gundam).

>>333356468
Oh boy that sounds "fun".
>>
File: G-Nome.jpg (89 KB, 591x640) Image search: [Google]
G-Nome.jpg
89 KB, 591x640
Was this game real, guys? I still think I hallucinated it.
>>
>>333354514
That's a nice Argus.
>>
FUTURE
COP
LAPD
>>
>>333355889
>Gundam One Year War
Wasn't that one of the Gundam games with absolutely shittastic controls?
>>
>>333361532
>Playing this shit in the dawn of the PS1 era with my dad
>We both make the same face at the blood river
video games are fun
>>
So much hours of fun.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.