[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the only remotely interesting plot line of MGSV was interacting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16
>the only remotely interesting plot line of MGSV was interacting with a clone of BB
>IT lead absolutely no where
>what's worse, there's no explanation as to why he's in Africa in the first place
>>
Literally the most disappointed I've been with a game. The open world shit was so fucking good and they let you tackle missions like you wanted to but god damn that lack of story.
>>
>>333353551
I know the timeframe's wrong and it wouldn't really make any sense, but why didn't they just have Raiden? Instead of playing another new hitherto unmentioned clone of Big Boss that added nothing to the story, why wasn't the game just about Solidus?

Why'd this game turn out this way?
>>
>>333353690

>people bitch about previous MGS titles being movies with less and less player control
>give the players control
>they bitch about the lack of story

This is why Kojima is crazy.
>>
>>333354003

You know it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other right? There's such a thing as a happy medium.
>>
>>333354003
Making more game and less movie is one thing, making a terrible throwaway story and characters with no character is something altogether different. None of this mattered and nobody did anything. I don't even understand why Ocelot or Liquid were in this game.
>>
>>333354003
>random character enters stage
>random character exits stage left
>I think this is how a good story is written
>>
> faggots still bitching about it in April 2016
God the butthurt is immense.

I enjoyed it. Also,
> not listening to the tapes
Dear God.
>>
>>333354003

People only really complained when it got out of hand. MGS4 had literally had something like 5 or 6 hours of cutscenes in it. The whole game can be beat (including cutscenes in about 10 - 12) so literally half the game is you watching shit.

He found a perfectly fine balance in MGS3 with story driven cutscenes and lengthy gameplay portions, but he lost his shit after that and it was just all or nothing.

The control and gameplay in MGSV is so tight, it has easily the best gameplay in the series, but the story is so inconsequential to the other games that it hurts.
>>
>>333354003
You've got me all wrong. I want the amazing open world but with Kojima's stupid god damn nuclear weapon vampire stories.
>>
>>333353690
>open world
>good
It's barren and blocks you with stupid shit like unclimbable mountains
>>
>>333354003

Hideo directed the story driven ones. Kojima directed the gameplay oriented ones.
>>
>>333354449
I don't think I agree. The controls are better than the other games, but the level design and mission design are terrible. MGS3 was way more fun.
>>
>>333353551
There wasn't any point of Liquid, those African kids, that Sallydally Metal Gear, Volgin or Mantis. They served no point in the overall theme of the story and just mucked up canon

Gameplay wise they were even worse. Except Volgin he was a cool, creepy fake boss but he could've been a new character and nothing would've been lost
>>
>>333354601
This. Some lame hollowed outposts and barely there enemies don't =greatest gameplay ever

This game didn't even have any cool enemies like Tengus or the FROGS or Gekkos or cypher drones
>>
File: 1451740319625.png (584 KB, 825x700) Image search: [Google]
1451740319625.png
584 KB, 825x700
>the only remotely interesting plot line of MGSV was interacting with a clone of BB
That's your opinion.
And finding out what Ocelot and BB was plenty interesting. It's all I really wanted to know. But I'm mad a lot of it is still up for interpretation.

>IT lead absolutely no where
Mission 51

>what's worse, there's no explanation as to why he's in Africa in the first place
He was in Zero's care until he told Eli he was a clone, and not just a clone but the inferior one. He had a tantrum, killed some people, fled from Britain to Africa.
>>
>>333354697
I hated the African kids subplot so much and it represents the bait and switch that was the most disappointing aspect of the game for me, but the rescue mission was my favorite moment in the entire game. Just because of my helicopter swooping in at the last moment lighting up the jungle and blasting the A-Team theme song as Snake rescued children.
>>
>>333354939
>mission 51
>literally telling someone cut content, not playable in the game, is somehow an explanation, or even a part of the game, which it is not a part of

Fucking kojimadrones
>>
>>333355292
It wasn't part of the game but it's still canon. What's your point?
>>
>>333353836
>new hitherto unmentioned clone
He's literally liquid snake.
>>
>>333355539
Venom
>>
what i want to know is why is Ocelot such a boring, serious, sensible character in MGSV? In MGS3, he meows like a cat and acts like jackass. In MGS1, he's some nutty old torture-happy old fart who still likes to show off.

why did he become boring Troy Baker character #9634 in MGSV?
>>
>>333356026
>MGS3
On a mission, young and cocky. Wanted to show off and not blow his cover. Covered sensibility with cruelty and theatrics.

>MGSV
On a base in the middle of no where with no one around except the people who know what he is (as much as he'll allow) and how he operates. No reason to not act like himself and a normal person.

>MGS1
On a mission. Wanted to not blow his cover. Covered sensibility with cruelty and theatrics.
>>
>>333356516
>>333356026
HYPNOSIS
>>
>>333354904

But the skulls were Tengus and Frogs who were actually vaguely threatening instead of hilariously laughable. Even on The Boss Extreme Frogs were jokes since even regular soldier dudes were more accurate and did more DPS.
>>
>>333356725
>hypnotizes himself to forget the real Big Boss (with some exceptions)
>for some reason this means he changed his entire personality

No he didn't.
He acts just as calm around the real Big Boss.

The main factor is, HE IS NOT OPERATING ON THE FIELD IN MGSV.
>>
>>333356890
His adrenaline makes him a dick?
>>
>>333356026
>tfw you realize he's the hero all along
>>
>>333356994
Remember the shit about shalashaka in MGS2 and mentioned again in MGSV? That is the Ocelot we know in MGS1 and MGS2 and the persona we saw develop in MGS3.

He uses it when he operates, when he isn't operating he doesn't need to pull the theatrical shit. MGSV was probably a chance for him to sit back and watch the soviet union dissolve from a distance. For 9 years he operated as shalashaka to cover the fact he was going back and forth between Afghanistan and Cyprus.
When you're cruel and crazy, people keep a distance.
>>
File: kojiimaa.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kojiimaa.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
So wait a minute, Solid somehow travels BACK in time just to make sure Liquid is alive and safe and transports him to the 'Phantom's Outer Heaven'?

Jesus Christ... what a mess
>>
>>333357314
Damn and he wasn't even controlled by Liquid's arm too. This man is a master of ruses
>>
File: 1388874072717.png (108 KB, 179x354) Image search: [Google]
1388874072717.png
108 KB, 179x354
>apologists actually defending shit tier MGSV Ocelot
>the man who didn't use Colt SAA's
>the man who didn't twirl them frequently
>the man that fucking stopped torture

Holy shit Kojimadrones leave anytime.
>>
>>333357682
Does he even shoot a gun in the game? I only remember him lending Quiet a revolver for a scene.

Him having an autorevolver is just shit-flavored icing on the turd cake.
>>
>>333357682
>apologists actually defending shit tier MGSV Ocelot
Troy was the only thing shit, his voice acting was awful. The Jap actor did a much better job. MGSV Ocelot explained a bunch of shit we didn't know about him.

>the man who didn't use Colt SAA's
>shitting on this one fucking detail
He wasn't even in combat, he was doing training drills with that fucking pistol.

>the man who didn't twirl them frequently
>Ocelot needs to be a constant caricature of himself
Stop any time memester

>the man that fucking stopped torture
Because it was pointless. What part of that shit didn't you get. There was literally no information Quiet could give that was useful and wouldn't kill them in the process. Miller lead that enter thing, it wasn't even Ocelot's show you blind fuck.
>>
>>333355849
Venom is no clone, but an impostor.
>>
File: 1388871538745.png (19 KB, 120x187) Image search: [Google]
1388871538745.png
19 KB, 120x187
>>333357861
Not once. The charactization in MGSV is beyond fucked and that was one of the reasons I stuck with the series for so long, you remove the characters and you're left with shit. Even Skull face got fucked from GZ to TPP.

>>333357993
>making excuses for a character to suddenly stop being a character

I get it, you will willingly defend anything Kojima does and love MGSV, but that was not Ocelot. You don't build up a character for several titles then suddenly completley re-write them. Any other game would get shit for this (and has, look at DmC) but for some reason it's ok when Kojima does it?

Fuck off anon you're nothing but a blind fanboy, at least you're the only one defending this completely shit tier amateur writing.
>>
>>333354003
It's almost like they wanted both, right anon?
>>
>>333354503
Dr.Hideo and Mr.Kojima?
>>
>>333353551
Not that I disagree with your points, but they explained Eli being in Africa on the cassette tapes.
>>
>hundreds of mercs
>enough vehicles to field tank battalion
>multiple helicopters
>How you want to do this Boss?
>I'm going solo
>top kek
>>
File: olga 3.jpg (9 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
olga 3.jpg
9 KB, 210x240
>>333358892
>built a Metal Gear before
>one of the best parts of PW was customising your own MG
>can't build a new Metal Gear because fuck you have a wolf instead
>couldn't use Zeke 2.0 to fight Sally MGS4 style
>my fucking face
>>
>>333358281
>making excuses for a character to suddenly stop being a character

>DIFFERENT SIDE TO OCELOT
THIS WAS SAID IN THE FUCKING TRAILER.

OCELOT LITERALLY TELLS YOU IN MGSV WHY HE IS ACTING DIFFERENTLY WITH THE SHALALSHAKA EXPLANATION.

How are you this fucking stupid?
I'm not even going to read the rest of the shit you wrote because it's probably:
>I'm right, you're wrong. Even though I'm clearly wrong, I'm just this retarded.
>>
>>333355407
>the most awesome part of the game, that is canon, ISN'T EVEN IN THE GAME

JUST
>>
>>333358281
>Not once.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0UdNtV1ZrM

Did you even play the game?
>>
File: feel4.png (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
feel4.png
43 KB, 400x400
>>333353551
Every fucking time I open /v/ there's a fucking MGS V thread

Can you faggots just stop now?

Can I spend ONE day without being reminded about this disappointment?
>>
File: 1455259398246.jpg (15 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
1455259398246.jpg
15 KB, 480x354
>>333353551
>It's another /v/ complains about the lack of story in a game they didn't get episode
>>
File: 1442639088982.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442639088982.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
>>333359201
>different side
>this means he's allowed to be completely fucking bipolar

Clearly you started the series with MGSV. One of the big plot lines of MGS3 was Ocelots growth into the man we know, he was flamboyant, he grew to admire torture "as the ultimate form of emotion" and in MGS4 he fucking died doing his flamboyant hand gesture and yet you've got the nerve to sit there and say "oh that's all fake, he's different"

Get the fuck out anon, you're just too far up Kojimas asshole to warrant further discussion.
>>
>>333359606
Someone different.

I agree that I didn't like his characterization anon and think Kojima wasted him, but it was perfectly plausable.

Everything you talked about was him in front of other people in certain situations and wanting to leave an impression. When he's not in a high risk mission, it's far more likely he'd just be a reasonable dude.
>>
>>333359606
>this means he's allowed to be completely fucking bipolar
>bipolar

>confirmed for not even knowing what bipolar means

You're not even stating points now, you're just spewing retarded shit like "I bet you didn't even play the games"
Try harder shit stain, you're wrong just admit it.
>>
>>333359162
You were originally supposed to be able to use Battle Gear, but it was scrapped. And have a second Sally fight with Liquid as the pilot.
>>
>>333359761
>I agree that I didn't like his characterization anon and think Kojima wasted him, but it was perfectly plausible.
Troy kind of ruined him and a lot of MGSV was waste potential. We needed to see more day to day life on mother base and Ocelot interacting with more than just DD.

And the fact the end tapes, one of the few good pieces of characterization, wasn't CG'd was just painful.
>>
File: solid stuffing.jpg (481 KB, 964x785) Image search: [Google]
solid stuffing.jpg
481 KB, 964x785
>>333359761
>When he's not in a high risk mission, it's far more likely he'd just be a reasonable dude.

So you think Shalashaska stealing MGRAY was high risk? it was a leisurely stroll for him that only started to hiccup when Liquid came out to play and even then it was quickly dealt with. His manipulation of Solidus? piece of cake. Why? because he was built up as a super agent who is calm as fuck at all times. High risk? he doesn't know the meaning of the word and that is the Ocelot everyone expected because it's the Ocelot that people grew to love. What we got wasn't Ocelot by any stretch of the imagination.

>>333359781
>doesn't even have an argument anymore
>just pure insult

Kek.
>>
>>333360060
It wasn't an insult idiot, you don't know what bipolar means, it's a mental condition. Do actors suffer from dementia?

That's basically what you're claiming as well.
>>
Liquid and Shota Mantis fly off into the sunset with Pequod and Metal Gear while Venom goes back in time to redo old missions.
>>
>>333360060
It was Ocelot wanting to leave an impression. In missions, this is especially important. His public persona is important and he talks about this in the tape.

On a fucking base in the middle of nowhere he doesn't have much reason to be a goofball all the time.
>>
File: 53276736_p1_master1200.jpg (275 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
53276736_p1_master1200.jpg
275 KB, 700x522
>all this Ocelot arguing

Can we at least agree that these two must have fooled around at least once right?

Only makes sense that Big Boss dumped Ocelot like he dumped EVA.
>>
>>333360215
>>333360406
Fact is that for several titles Ocelot was a character with established personality traits which were abandoned for TPP, shit was so bad they didn't even pay to license the SAA. You're both inventing shit to justify a complete character change so you feel better about TPP and it's just sad. I'm done with this argument because it's just wasted typing on a pair of Kojimadrones.
>>
>>333360591
>...John
>...Adam
>I was in love with the legend once
>Ocelot lighting Boss's cig

Yeah they're gay
>>
why was this game released unfinished

they had like five years to make it
>>
>>333360748
The fact is there is twenty years between MGS3 and V and V and MGS.

The fact is in the other games Ocelot NEEDED an act for his purposes.

Fact is your buttblasted that Kojima didn't write the character how you imagined it.

I didn't like MGSV; I was the one who said I agree that "I didn't like his characterization anon and think Kojima wasted him."

You're just delusional.
>>
>>333360803
Kojima went horribly over budget. He got canned for it.

>Fact is that for several titles Ocelot was a character with established personality traits which were abandoned for TPP
No they weren't, he tells you in a tape those character traits were what he was doing for 9 years in Afghanistan prior to the game.

>You're both inventing shit
It's literally in the game.
No one is inventing anything.
>>
>>333360975
is a reply to >>333360748 as well, oops
>>
>>333360791
>I was in love with the legend once
>once

How bad did Ocelot take being dumped on?
he probably saw it coming, the poor fucker
>>
>>333358165

Potato, tomato.
>>
>>333353551
Did anyone else want to fuck Eli?
>>
>>333361776
get out
>>
>>333353836
Isn't Raiden a secret character?
>>
>>333361859
I mean, I'm sure they didn't call him the White Mamba for nothing, know what I'm saying?
>>
>>333353836
G R A Y F O X
>>
>>333362091
Remember, all of the events of Portable Ops' policy are "canon until contradicted" :^)
>>
File: 10029405.png (126 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
10029405.png
126 KB, 399x388
>>333362287
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: cring.jpg (146 KB, 750x963) Image search: [Google]
cring.jpg
146 KB, 750x963
>>333360591

>"I've never forgotten you in these nine years, but I have to forget you now..."

Man, Big Boss is an asshole.
>>
File: The_Frank_Hunter.gif (65 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
The_Frank_Hunter.gif
65 KB, 480x272
>>333362287

Hello mister "The Frank Hunter"
>>
>>333354003
>people bitch about previous MGS titles being movies with less and less player control

The only one people had a hissy fit about was 4, and even then, it was mostly people new to Metal Gear.

That's the problem, separating out the new people who'd never played a Metal Gear, so they're weirded out by everything that's been written in stone since MGS1.
>>
>>333360748
>shit was so bad they didn't even pay to license the SAA

No one on planet Earth pays royalties to gun companies for using their likeness. Literally no one, there's no requirement to. You could make a game right now and fill it to the brim with all your favorite guns and you wouldn't have to pay a penny.

The reason they abandoned real guns for fake ones is because Japan passed a law banning their depiction because they think it'd inspire violent crime.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.