[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xcom thread. Go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
Xcom thread. Go.
>>
>>333349628

>>>/r/
>>>/e/
>>>/d/
>>>/d/
>>>/i/
>>>/t/
>>
>Love turn-based strategy
>Love the atmosphere and combat of Xcom
>Can't stand losing characters
>Don't want to savescum

Fuck. I just want to enjoy the game but the feeling of losing a soldier I built up for hours due to one unlucky crit just drains my will to play.
>>
>>333350070
I had a British heavy named Amy Robinson. I had yellow and black titan armor for her and her nickname was hornet. She got killed by a Muton plasma rifle.
>>
File: speirs.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
speirs.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>333350070

War is hell mein bruder
>>
File: 1397500989034.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1397500989034.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>333349628
Enemy Unknown was one of my favorite games of Gen 7

>tfw no XCOM 2 on consoles
>>
>>333350542
>tfw no XCOM 2 on consoles

It struggles at times to run well without bugs on the PC. On the console it'd be a trainwreck.
>>
>>333350070

I love savescumming. I play to have fun

fight me
>>
File: 080.png (16 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
080.png
16 KB, 640x400
>playing tftd
>build up officer with great firing accuracy
>he has 10 MC strength so he's a complete liability against anything late game
>have to dismiss him

These feels are as deep as the ocean
>>
>>333350616
Yeah I've heard, isn't it worse than EU too?
>>
File: maximumbutthurt.gif (120 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
maximumbutthurt.gif
120 KB, 600x487
>>333350070
>tfw trying to complete a playthrough without losing any countries and I cant get a mission in a country thats in a high panic state

This is one of the only games where save-scumming is acceptable
>>
>>333350286
Both loved and bated this. Loved it because they finally showed a commanding officer breaking down under the pressure of command. Hated it because literally every other character is made out of GI Joe parts.

It's not uncommon for officers to just blank out during critical moments because of the sheer magnitude of their command. It's also not uncommon or wasn't uncommon for soldiers to either not fire their weapons or intentionally miss because they didn't want to kill people.
>>
>play TFTD
>50% casualties is basically acceptable if I manage to finish the mission
>visit XCOM thread to check out new games
>"GUYS, SONYA DIED. I CAN'T GO ON. SHE WAS MY WAIFU4LAIFU."

war is hell, you beta fuccbois
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.