[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BULLSHIT BOSSES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 20
File: 2 cheese faggots.jpg (100 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
2 cheese faggots.jpg
100 KB, 600x338
>dragon slayer warps to your position instantly independently of how far he is or whether or not he's being obstructed by the fatso and impales you
>you try to hit the fatso only to be interrupted by a lightning bolt coming through the fatso's body cast by the dragon slayer who was behind him..or just have the slayer warp to you again
>lock on still has you literally just miss your attack sometimes by hitting in a completely different direction
>swapping lock-on targets is not a thing when the other target is to your side or behind you, IE literally the only times in matters and you want to know where they are before they stunlock and double team kill you

is there a boss battle literally more BULLSHIT than this?
>>
Git
>>
>>333346486
Ruin Sentinels, Twin Dragonriders, Gargoyles v2.
>>
Gud
>>
Bed of Chaos, Ceaseless Discharge, 4 Kings
>>
>impale attack has a very long and obvious tell
>attacks going through Smough is bullshit, no denying that, but try to keep them both in sight when fighting
>tracking on attacks won't have you spin 180 degrees to hit someone behind you, you're probably queuing an attack right after rolling perpendicular to / away from an opponent. Don't do that. Positioning is important.
>keep them both in front of you, even Ornstein is slow when he's not using his zoom attack
Get gud
>>
Ancient Dragon and We Wuz 4 Kangz NG+
>>
What were their names again?
>>
>>333346756
These
>>
>>333346875
Ornstein and Smough
>>
Thunder and Thighs are tough but I wouldn't say they're bullshit in a game where bosses ate meant to be tough. If it was impossible, sure.

The argument could be made that any grueling fight is bullshit and that's more a matter of subjective taste. I can't get past the Capra demon in NG+ but I expected this to be tough
>>
>>333346875
Ornstein and Smough
>>
Maybe just stick to Zelda or some other gay nintendo shit.
>>
>>333346486
>played this boss for the first time a few days ago
>literally none of this stuff happened
Ornstein was constantly getting stuck behind Fat Ass and it's pretty hard to not have them both right in front of you unless you intentionally get between them.
>>
Bed of Chaos. Nooooo contest.
>>
>>333347118
I'm tempted to say Vicar Laurence in NG+ is one of the most bullshit bosses from a Souls game because of his ridiculous health pool and damage combined with his ability to very easily stunlock you with a variety of combos.

But for the most part, Souls/BB bosses are fair, but challenging.
>>
>>333346875
Ornstein and Smough
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HdWWhZ0hDM
>>
>>333346813
>impale attack has a very long and obvious tell
not when he's not even in sight. usually 100 feet behind you or 200 feet behind you and the fatso obstructing your vision of him.
plus 1 hit can be enough to stunlock and fuck you
>>
So Ornstein and Smough definitely fuck right? Smough's actually ripped underneath that goofy suit of armour, and we know Ornstein is a cute little twink. So we can imagine how their relationship plays out.
>>
>>333346756
>Ceaseless Discharge
fucking really?
>>
>>333346486
just beat these guys
>rush fatty
>fallen giant technique dragon slayer
I used even used summons till i just said fuck it
>>
>>333347307
The outlier is Bed of Chaos.
Just tedious bullshit.

The only time in the game where you fall victim to fucking horseshit of such a magnitude.
>Collapsing floors
>Large scale swipes that can break stamina
>Firestorm that can hit you before you even reach the boss
>That precise platforming in addition to all the above
>>
>>333346486
Just rush the wood grain ring, ring of favor and protection, grass crest shield and pinewheel for one of the masks and kindling. Kindle anor londo for 20 estus and dodge all day. Game becomes piss easy. Or dual spec in magic or just bow them they are really fucking easy if you dont follow the "one weapon only muh hardcore mentality" and just cheese them as they cheese you. fire with fire

with this setup the game becomes piss easy
>>
>>333347417
>not when he's not even in sight
It has the exact same tell whether he's in sight or not. You're just not seeing it. Because you're not keeping him in sight.

It's like complaining that you can't see who's killing you in a FPS because you run around aiming at your feet.
>>
>>333347618
I stopped thinking of Bed of Chaos as a boss fight, because there's just no fight. It's more of a really dumb "platforming" sequence.
>>
File: 1457547795452.jpg (31 KB, 432x403) Image search: [Google]
1457547795452.jpg
31 KB, 432x403
>>333346486
>>333346756
>>333346863
>Oreo and Smores
>4 Kings
>bullshit

I feel disgusted to share a board with such filthy casuals.
>>
>>333347618
There wasn't even an indicator for the floor giving way. It just fucking happens.

Seath's first encounter is frustrating if you don't realize you HAVE to die.
And you'll never realize unless you've played it before, heard about it, or are very, very observant about a hint given earlier about immortality and the crystal, but you still have to die.
>>
>>333347851
>Seath's first encounter is frustrating if you don't realize you HAVE to die.
You can literally just walk out the door, warp out, or slap on the ring of sacrifice that you were given shortly before.

Also the bonfire keeper tells you he's immortal.
>>
>>333347745
I usually stop playing the game around bed of chaos is required to fight.

Just not a fun exprience in any way.
>>
>>333347819
I figure people complaining about 4Kings went in with a character that wasn't dishing out sufficient damage to kill the Kings before extra ones started popping up. And yes, the fight becomes bullshit when you have multiple Kings. So it becomes kind of like you're fighting them on a timer. Souls games seldom pull that kind of shit.
>>
>>333347953
>Also the bonfire keeper tells you he's immortal.
When in the history of video games has that ever stopped the player from killing a dude?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMqbbm6XA0c
>>
>>333348071
I don't like them because the black void you fight them in gives me depth perception problems and I never know where they are in relation to me
>>
>>333347953
>mgr
>sundowner tells you he is invincible
>obviously not even worth trying him now

turned off the game there. fucking bullshit.
>>
>>333347819
I seriously can't beat 4kaings on my pc

11 fps trying to dodge their shit is impossible
>>
>>333348232
Funny, I think that's one of the most interesting parts of the fight. That alone adds a cool, unusual challenge. Putting them on a timer made it worse and is the part I dislike.
>>
>>333348158
>When in the history of video games has that ever stopped the player from killing a dude?

>Get to Sundowner in MGR
>He tells you he's fucking invincible
>He blocks your attacks
>Quit the game
Why make an unbeatable boss?
Fucking Kojima
>>
>>333348158
What the fuck do you want, an npc sitting right outside his door telling you that? That's essentially what already exists.
>>
>>333347745
Is the platforming in Dark Souls better than Demons Souls? Cause it was bullshit.
>>
>>333348451
You shouldn't play Dark Souls on 11 fps, that's almost as bad as Blighttown on Xbox. Get a better rig.

And if that isn't an option, just equip the heaviest armor you can find, get as close as possible to the kings and attack away. Their attacks do minimal damage when you're up really close, you'll kill each one before he kills you and you'll be able to chug your estus before the next one.
>>
File: this cannot be real.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
this cannot be real.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>333346756
>4 kangz
>ceaseless discharge

for real senpai?
>>
>>333346875
David spade and Chris farley
>>
bed of chaos was the worst imo
>>
>>333348589

Apart from a couple leaps in Sen's Playground and the Bed of Chaos you'll be alright.
>>
I've never understood why people think biggie smalls is a good boss. It's an ok boss where the only difficulty is having two enemies that clip through each other.

Shadows of yharnam did it better.

Abyss watchers did it better.

Hell, even Man Eaters did it better.
>>
>Fighting enemy
>Get blind sided by an attack its impossible to dodge from off screen

I always summon for fights against multiple bosses. They are clearly designed with that in mind
>>
How do you pronounce Smough?
>>
>>333348589
Of course not. "Platforming" in these games will always be ass, so it simply shouldn't be included.
>>333348514
I'm not saying I want more hints, I'm perfectly fine with walking into a boss fight I can't win and the way it was implemented. Waking up in prison was a pretty cool part of the game. I'm just saying we had no way of knowing this sort of shit could happen, despite the "he's immortal" line. Some take issue with this and bitch about their lost souls, I think it worked well.
>>
>>333348831
Smo
>>
>>333348662
Well...they're not bullshit but they're pretty shit in general. 4kids is just a DPS race that you can beat via havels and pine resin with very little effort.

And Endless ejaculation is either a gimmick or a bore.
>>
>>333348706
They're two cool looking characters with very distinctive movesets grouping up to make a boss fight much better than the sum of its parts. Ornstein sucks as a solo boss (we saw that in DaS2). Smough is too easy as a solo boss. Both of them at the same time and it's actually challenging, and in a more interesting way than "lol2kats".
>>
>>333348662
I had literally no idea that word filters were actually real up until now
>>
False King Allant.
>>
>>333348782
>impossible
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>333348706
The music made it memorable

and they looked cool
>>
>>333348706
>Abyss watchers did it better.
Is that actually a good fight? The music is nice but the first stage looks like its literally just "wait for red eye one to draw aggro and hit them"
>>
>>333348451
>>333348608
just get DSFix. if it crashes it's probably because you need to set the UI resolution higher (the very second option in the .ini), but set the internal resolution to anything you want and also unlock FPS then set the max fps to 30 (or 60 but the engine starts bugging out).
turn off some other shit in dsfix.
done.

also OP, i just beat the 2 faggots. i only tried like 15-20 times or so.
>>
>>333349065
I honestly have a hard time believing anyone had trouble with any of the bosses in Demon's.
>>
>>333346875
Shaquille O'neal and Michael Jorden
>>
>>333349273
The red eye only spawns after a second hostile abyss watcher does, and generally, in my experience, they get wiped in 5 seconds. So you'll maybe get a hit or two in; but the red eyes will attack you as well, if you're closer than the other abyss watchers.

So you might do some damage like that but unless you just hang back and dodge for long periods of time, before running in and hitting then dodging away and waiting for another spawn, it's not a game winning tactic.

So I guess it's like that if you're a boring shitter. But good luck in the second phase.
>>
Armor Spider
>>
>>333349534
Literally took me two tries to beat those guys. Was my first run too. Maybe my build was just good against them.
>>
>>333346875
Big Jim and Slim
>>
>>333348396
>Use evasive action
>Hit goes through and don't get hit

Find a fucking way
>>
I think I used a spear to gimmick these guys.
>>
>>333349558
False King probably gives people problems because his moves are easy enough but they all do huge damage and often have huge range. He can zoom across the entire arena and his AOE hits for half the stage. And he can steal levels.

I think people just get intimidated and play overly conservative.

>>333349779
Anything fire fucks them up good.
>>
>>333349896
False King may not be hard but he definitely deserves the BULLSHIT title just for that delevel attack. That's garbage.
>>
>>333349896
Oh. I had a great shield & spear with heavy armor turtley thing going on. Just walked backwards and took my time killing the small one first and then the fatty.
>>
>>333348396
Nah, you just misheard him. Sundowner thinks he's FUCKING INVISIBLE because he's hiding behind his solar panels
>>
>>333349896
>>333350048
Not to mention, he has an absurd amount of health.
>>
>>333350048
I saw an LP where someone had leveled themselves up just enough to use a weapon and got soul sucked. And they suddenly couldn't use their main weapon. But they didn't notice until it was too late.

Ah, it was good.

>>333350092
Oh yeah, greatshields and spears are fucking broken. Estoc turtling is a big pvp tactic too. I've played runs where I did just heavy armor and great shield and after you upgrade it a bit, you don't even need to roll anymore. Just hold that shield up and steam roll through.
>>
File: Drake_and_Josh.png (180 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
Drake_and_Josh.png
180 KB, 500x309
>>333346486
>>
>>333346875
Biggie and smalls
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 799x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 799x720
>>333350345
>>
>>333346486
Kill the fat one first :^)
>>
>>333350309
Yeah. I'm on my first run going in blind and it's working well for me.
>>
i beat these guys my first try with no summons and i killed smough first.

i don't understand why people had so much trouble with them.
>>
File: 1437106306326.jpg (90 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
1437106306326.jpg
90 KB, 600x411
>wolnir and dat bullshit mist attack
>>
>>333349779
Some builds are just way easier than others. One of my coworkers bragged about how every boss in the game was easy and he beat Ornstein and Smough on his first attempt. Turns out he grinded souls a lot and had Havel's with lightning zwei. I tried explaining to him he pretty much did all he could to trivialize the game but he smugly replied that maybe the game wasn't as hard as I thought. So I parried his ass in PVP until he stopped playing.
>>
>>333350523
Everything is easy when you use a black knight weapon/Pyromancy.
>>
>>333346875
Oreo and S'mores
>>
File: 1408833700235.webm (2 MB, 840x472) Image search: [Google]
1408833700235.webm
2 MB, 840x472
PVP got pretty bullshit at times
>>
>>333350523
same here to be quite honest with you. I didn't even know how to level up at bonfires either so I beat the game with soul level 1, and it was still pretty easy. also I am a war veteran so I only have 1 arm and 1 leg.
>>
>>333350580
>wolnir

They had to give him something. He's barely harder than pinwheel. Just break his bling and he dies instantly. With a strength weapon you can basically stunlock him to death.

>>333350641
I think dark souls advertising itself as hard was a terrible idea. Because it's challenging, and punishing, but once you get in the right mindset it's really not hard. No where near as hard as a lot of other games at least.
>>
>>333350309
>beat DaS about 6 times
>DaS2 4 times or so
>BB twice (borrowed a nogamestation4 for a week)
>never once tried a turtle build
Even when I'm wearing heavy armor, I don't ever think to turtle, I try to fatroll through attacks and parry with my heavy shield. I just can't fucking do it. It seems so simple too.
>>
>>333350704
>Everything is easy when you use a black knight weapon/Pyromancy.
i used neither.

i don't remember what i had but it wasn't lightning zwei or anything else like that.

it might have been a normal claymore and some shit armor or something.
>>
>>333350820
>I think dark souls advertising itself as hard was a terrible idea.
But wasn't it the community that brought up this consensus? I've missed the PR hulabaloo of the games so I might be blatantly wrong.
>>
DOA 3 & 4 bosses sping to mind, also Jinpachi from Tekken...... Tekken 4 I think.
From non fighting games I would say.....The Armadillo Bosses from Ninja Gaiden 2, dat unblocked explosion.
>>
File: 1408987938020.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1408987938020.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>333350784
>>
>>333350820
It's a game with a leveling system for your character and for gear. It can be made easy, you don't even have to know what you're doing. If you look to always wear the best gear with the highest damage and resistances, and are willing to level up as much as necessary to carry that load and upgrade everything, then any game in the Souls franchise is completely trivial.
>>
File: flowey.png (421 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
flowey.png
421 KB, 640x480
>>333346486
It's bullshit in that you can't lose to him
>>
>>333350784
I don't remember what caused this guy to invade you but it was only under specific circumstances and he never just invaded for no reason.

It was cool to get killed by him even though he was cheating.
>>
>>333350641
Well that just sounds like sucking all the fun out of the game. I like to think I'm not completely cheesing my way through cause I have some trouble with stuff. Anor Londo with those archers was a motherfucker.
>>
>>333347253
If you take your time to walk around the edge of the room and slowly maneuver around the holes in the ground its really easy
>>
>>333350829
Shields, especially ones with good stability, really are easy mode if you're smart.

>>333350925
After demon's, they started advertising how you'd die a lot. I mean, "Prepare to die" edition and all. The fans started it by creating the reputation, but they, especially Bamco, capitalized on and pushed it.

Not to mention the massive backlash whenever the word "Accessibility" got brought up.

I think that idea of it being hard is what created a lot of the elitism in the souls community.
>>
>>333350834
Claymore is a pretty fucking good weapon. Good choice.
>>333350974
A lot of players go in with a generic RPG mentality, willing to grind, and always ready to summon help for bosses. That's fine. They like playing that way. But I'll only ever do Solo Fashion Souls on first playthroughs. Oh god fuck I can't wait for DaS3.
>>
Lord of Cinders. I can't parry and I'm ashamed.
>>
>>333350948
>Streamer
May he be stunlocked forever.
>>
>>333351024
The issue is that unless you know the game inside and out, you won't know when you're cheesing the game. The devs were kind (and/or dumb) enough to put Black Knights in starter zones that can randomly drop some of the best weapons in the game, and no one using them on a first playthrough realizes they're on easy-mode.
>>
File: 1296165697256.jpg (3 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
1296165697256.jpg
3 KB, 122x125
I don't understand why so many people hated the bed of chaos. It was bs when she destroyed the ground and you fell and died, but the fact that your progress was saved each time you killed a side made it way easier than oreo and smore.

Like a million times easier
>>
>>333350048
>>333349896
>Getting hit with the soul suck attack
It takes a literal 2-3 seconds for it to come out.

Even if you have no reactions you dodge it by moving back.
>>
>>333351206
Do setup parries. Block the first hit of his combo, parry the second. That way the timing will always be the same.
>>
>>333351206
>I can't parry and I'm ashamed.
you should be more ashamed that you even thought of cheesing what is one of the best boss fights in the game with parries.

honestly anyone who parries in any of these games is a cheesing faggot.
>>
>>333351148
It didn't advertise itself as hard until Prepare to Die edition.

2 went with it completely.
>>
>>333351292
It was easier but it was annoying. O&S were challenging and fun. Really big difference.
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (2 MB, 1428x820) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
2 MB, 1428x820
You're all scrubs. Go fight the Fume Knight. Git gud faggots.
>>
>>333351245
Truth. I thought DaS was pretty easy just cause I got a Black Kn. Ult Greatsword my first run.
>>
>>333351292
Because it was artificial difficulty. One of the core elements of Souls was that you never die unless you personally fuck up and 8 all damage can be evaded through shields and rolls. Bed of bullshit flew in the face of that
>>
>>333346875
Bert and Ernie
>>
>>333351415
fume knight is literally only difficult because of his broken hitboxes
>>
>>333351360
I could say the same of anyone who blocks attacks, or rolls through them. Not taking every hit in the face is for cheesing faggots.
>>
>>333351415
Literally strafe and attack: the boss

Beat him easily by just strafing to the right
>>
>>333351360
You are a tool.

>>333351343
I can't believe I've never thought of that. Thank you.
>>
>>333351415
>never struggled with Fume Knight
I guess I'm glad I leveled up ADP.
>>
Jolly Cooperation faggot
>>
>>333346486
Kalameet.

i've beaten every other boss without taking a single point of damage, but I've never beaten Kalameet once.

Feels awful. Like having a game thats 99% complete.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 785x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 785x584
>>333347382
>>333347134
>>333347076
This was funnier to me than the fucking meme. Goddamn.
>>
>>333351523
not comparable. don't know the latin term for your false argument but there is one.

>>333351535
>You are a tool.
and you're a cheesing faggot.

killing Gwyn with parries is the same as shooting the Maneaters through the fog, killing False King Allant with Poison Fog spells and the Thief Ring, or shooting the dragon's tail from under the bridge.
>>
>>333346875
Ornery and Smug
>>
>>333351824
You purposefully limit your ability like a tool. You are a determined failure and it disgusts me.
>>
>>333351446
That makes sense. Managed to block her bs a lot, but the fact that I could get stuck in one spot and just be forced to fall and die did cause the boss to separate itself from the others.
>>
the hardest part of the game is just the time it takes to get from a bonfire to a boss sometimes. fucking iron golem, FUCKING GWYNDOLIN.
>>
>>333352053
>You purposefully limit your ability like a tool.
>You don't cheese. You disgust me.
Glad to know it upsets you, faggot.

Serious dev oversight on letting Gwyn be parryable. At least they learned their lesson and made you cheesing shitters fail and cry with Artorias.
>>
>>333351824
>Implying there's shame in using underhanded tactics
Lawful alignment players please go.
>>
>>333351824
>not comparable.
Yes, comparable. Blocking attacks is even worse than parrying, in fact.
>>
>>333351391
I think I remember an ad for it that was all about dying. But that might have been prepare to die too.

>>333351415
I honestly don't get people who had trouble with him. I beat him easily; he's just yet another guy with a sword. Strafe, roll his attacks, hit his recoveries. Blah.
>>
>>333352319
You have chosen not to master every element of the game. The time when you are required to parry and you cannot, you will die. I do not chose that fate.
>>
>>333352332
parrying shouldn't even be in the game.
>>
File: 1427890917756.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1427890917756.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>333352283
>never found the lower ledge bonfire before the golem
>>
>>333352319
Rolling through attacks is easier than parrying them, so I don't know what cheesing shitters you imagine failed and cried with Artorias.
>>
>>333352458
>The time when you are required to parry and you cannot
you are not required to parry any attack in the game if you don't suck cock.

if you never fought Gwyn without parrying or using iron flesh or other cheese then you haven't mastered shit.
>>
>>333352319
It was intentional.

You can tell because they left it in with the second form of soul of cinder in DS3.
>>
>>333352460
Those are some very strong and dumb opinions you have there, anon.
>>
>>333352283
>Gwyndolin

There's literally a bonfire like 30 feet away, are you retarded?
>>
>>333346875
Snorlax and Pikachu
>>
File: wrekt.jpg (616 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wrekt.jpg
616 KB, 1920x1080
>>333352550
>>
>>333352550
I don't see anything about not using a shield in there. What's the matter? Your crutch is more honorabru than other crutches? I bet you drink estus too.

I beat Gwyn with a whip and bare-handed parries.
>>
>>333352550
No what happened is I got gud. I won the fight with the tools I was able to master. It sounds like you had to master a LOT of tools before you were able to win. Surely you understand this?
>>
>can rape every boss in the game first try or second
>biggie smalls take me upwards 40 tries every playthrough

I swear I'd play this game much more if I could just take on each one at a time. Dark souls 2 was a pain in the ass too with this. Outnumbered fights every corner.
>>
>>333346875
Git and Gud
>>
>>333352642
you don't respawn at that bonfire. you respawn at the first bonfire (which is also unlit now).
>>333352512
that's what i meant, it was long as fuck from that bonfire. if i had to do it from the bonfire near the blacksmith i'd kill myself
>>
>Played NG+3 the other day
>Beat Ornstein and Smough on my first try with little effort
>Gwyn pushed my shit in a half-dozen times

When you forget parry timing Gwyn is really the toughest boss. You have to glitch him behind a pillar if you want to Estus because his attacks are so quick he will always hit you before you finish.
>>
>>333352740
Not him but why would you parry gwyn? That fight is actually fun if you don't.

Why would you ruin a good fight by taking the easy way out?
>>
>>333347657
If you see Ornstein start his spear dash and he gets stuck on Smough or a pillar, he will just change direction, dash completely off camera and swoop around to nail you in the back of the head. I think Ornstein and Smough is a pretty good and fair boss, I like it a lot, but this specific aspect is kind of stupid. Especially considering sometimes when this happens, Ornstein will be obstructed, and then return to his normal standing or walking position. You'd reasonably assume he's given up because he can't reach you, but as soon as a path clears, he will instantly start his dash again without the start up animation and come over to fuck you in the ass. If Ornstein does his dash attack and it fails, it should stop. He shouldn't turn 180 degrees mid dash or forgo the animation.
>>
File: Smalltime.jpg (311 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
Smalltime.jpg
311 KB, 1680x945
>>333352778
Biggie and Smalls is pretty easy if you make a melee focused build, especially with some points in health and endurance in case you fuck up. Wish I could do it with my FAITH-ONLY build I did for PvP, where I would dual wield the talismans due to being inspired by this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjCYJB7mohE
>>
File: 1452112590800.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1452112590800.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>333352778

>tfw Titanite demons

I have so much trouble with those fuckers
>>
>>333352835
...I always respawned at the close bonfire.

Did you kill his fake sister and the other fire keeper first? Or forget to actually sit at that fire?

Regardless you should be able to warp there even if it's not lit, you can do that with fire link even if the keeper is dead.
>>
@333346486
Fucking newfag, get off 4chan
>>
File: 1438045583667.png (175 KB, 258x241) Image search: [Google]
1438045583667.png
175 KB, 258x241
>>333352698
>this entire fucking image
>>
>>333352918
It isn't an argument against fighting the boss, I can do this any way I choose. It's an argument about not being able to use this mechanic against the boss should I chose to.
Limiting ones ability through nonsense is behavior I do not abide.
>>
>>333352921
Yeah, that weird glitch was real bullshit. We had another weird one when fighting O&S with kirk armor rolls only where Ornstein fucking glitched out of the arena.
>>
>>333353019
Don't feel bad, I probably played 400+ hours of Dark Souls and those faggots still get me. Hardest bosses in the game.
>>
>>333352705
there is nothing wrong with shields because they drain lots of stamina when you get hit by a boss like gwyn. you literally can't just turtle his attacks.

>i parried
you're a faggot and you suck at the game.

>>333352698
>drake sword
>giantdad minus dad
don't even know what to say.

>>333352740
>No what happened is I got gud.
you didn't get good you faggot. parrying is for shitters who can't fight Gwyn the real way.

Just like poisonfog was for fags that kept getting soulsucked by Allant or fags who trapped Flamelurker behind something and shot it to death with arrows because they kept getting their shit pushed in.
>>
>>333346875
Orange peel and bro
>>
Anyone have the Thor Dark Souls 2 webm?
>>
>>333346875
Notorious BIG & Tupac Shakur
>>
>>333353060
I'm not saying you did it wrong, or that you shouldn't do it. Go ahead.

I just don't GET it. It seems silly to play through the entire game and then undermine the final boss by using the easiest method to beat him. It just doesn't seem fun.

Just like I don't get all the hard core meta-pvp people. Whats the fun in pvp'ing using some cookie cutter optimum build and abusing poor balancing?

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
>>
>>333353197
You forgot
>Those ring-choices based on the effects active popup
>Dark Bead
>Estrus +3 amount
>0 souls and humanity
>>
>>333353258
Literally already posted in this very thread.
>>
>>333346486

use the fucking pillars you retard.
>>
>>333352835
You didn't sit on the bonfire when you reached it then, because I did spawn there when he rekt my shit in. I also found the run to the caper demon and the spider bitch to be more annoying just because of the unavoidable dogs/poison shit. Even if it was easy to get around, one fuck up and you're already down an estus or moss.
>>
>>333353197
>complains about false equivalence
>compares using parrying, a standard game mechanic, to taking advantage of shitty AI
>>
>>333353289
Oh man, no that's not what I mean. I mean I really do get in to playing the game with a story in mind. I would like to envision myself as the knight that through the journey could easily kill him, but chooses the stand up fight instead. I'm still kind of the underdog in the narrative and it bothers me.
>>
>>333348662
Ceaseless Discharge is pretty bullshit if you don't use the cliff.
>>
>>333353263
Kek
>>
>>333349558
Flamelurker is actually pretty difficult if you go there at relatively low level and no magic.
>>
>>333353376
I was playing this for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I warped in at the bonfire after O&S's boss room, killed big illusion woman, went down, fought the firekeeper a bit before realizing that might be bad and barely managed to not kill her, sat down at the bonfire before Gwyndolin, died, and was booted back to the original first bonfire of the zone, the only one I hadn't even approached. Ran back to Gwyndolin, sat down again, fought him again, died, went back to the first bonfire AGAIN, and then warped to the one right next to him. Not a big deal if you realize you can warp to that one, but still very strange.
>>
>>333353334
HOLY FUCK HAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>333353376
Capra demon was piss easy. Quelaag took a few tries before I beat her and yes the journey to the boss got annoying.
>>
>>333353660
>Capra demon was piss easy
Wasn't he nerfed?
>>
Beat them on sl1 solo you noob.

The only 2 real problems there are:

1. O can Stab through S and sometimes you can't see it which leads to unavoidable damage
2. If O does his charge and collides wirh a pillar or S he stops, walks a little until line of sight is clear again and then the charge continues with 0 windup.

Aisde from that it's just positioning and patience
>>
>>333352958
What a glorious dickbag.
>>
>>333346875
Stab and Smash
>>
>>333346875
Drake & Josh
>>
>>333353862
No idea. Just beat him first try first run.
>>
>>333353197
Go beat Gwyn with a whip and no shield then.
>>
>>333353376
>>333353660
>quelaag run
literally one of the shortest ones.
i had a ring that lets you run in swamps, not sure if you actually need it for that swamp, plus my clothes (shadow armor i think) allowed me to run to a safe spot before being poisoned, wait a bit, then run to quelaag's domain and that's it.
>>
>>333354083
you do it first, parry babby.
>>
>>333348706
Good design
Good music
Good arena
And they're not just copy pasted but two very different bosses

Also the Super S/Super O second phase also adds more variety
>>
>>333353056
Only thing that would have made it better was if he was out of estus.
>>
>>333348831
Smash
>>
>>333354173
it took me a while to find the bonfire down near the lair
>>
>>333353862
Yup
>>
>>333353882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRswclEJ_Gk

Reminds me of this.
>>
>>333347147
>implying dark souls is hard
Quit being a fucking scrub Zelda is more fun than Dark souls. The bland as fuck grimdark setting of dark souls kills the fun combat. I just raped my way through 1 on a nostalgia trip and never realized how easy it is compared to 2.
>>
>>333351415
Manus is 10 times harder

Fume pussy has like 2 different hits in his moveset which are tracked af.
I was so hyped about this fight because everyone said it's the hardest.
>>
>>333354476
>the console community respects each other they said
looks pretty toxic tbqh
>>
>>333354190
Can you not follow a conversation? I did. It's your turn. You're telling me it's easy, you go parry him bare-handed and try to kill him with a whip that can't riposte.
>>
>>333354825
>you go parry him bare-handed and try to kill him with a whip that can't riposte
you locked him into an animation cycle where he does that one easy to parry swing, parried it, and then hit him a few times while he was stunned. just because you didn't get the critical from the riposte doesn't mean you didn't cheese him. i bet you literally just fucking stood there and parried like every other shitter does.
>>
>>333346813
Had friend who defended attacks passing through smough because "it's a positioning thing, you let them get into that position"

Shit was infuriating
>>
>>333355102
You do it. Tell me it's easier than fighting him with a shield. This isn't a dick-measuring contest, I want you to try something, maybe help you realize that shielding trivializes content just as much as parrying does.
>>
>>333355195
I can't install Dark Souls and run through the game to fight Gwyn before this thread will die.
>>
>>333346486
One word: Artorias.
>>
>>333354767
>GFWL
That's PC, buddy.
>>
>>333355334
I'm not asking you to do it because I want to win an Internet argument, I'm asking you to do it so you learn something and maybe stop being a bitch. Do it on your own time, it doesn't have to be before this thread dies.
>>
>>333346486
ruin sentinels is preatty cancerous in 2, but most people just summon the NPC, probally the only time when for a first play thru it's kinda needed.

twin dragon riders is piss easy, provided you don't attack the bow one,m like a retard.
>>
>>333355620
>ruin sentinels

Fuck those things, what a terribly designed boss.

>DUDE, MULTIPLE ENEMIES LMAO
>>
>>333355743
yeah, I like Dark souls 2(well SOTFS) I think overall it's better than 1, but that's becuese dark souls 1 after fatass, and dragonslayer is pretty lack luster. Dark souls 1 pre fatass, is much better than dark souls 2. no debating that.

but thier is no defending Ruin Sentinels NONE AT FUCKING ALL. I get that it's an optional boss but what in the fuck is that shit. kinda wished SOTFS would have done something to them.
>>
>>333355743
They pulled that shit way too much in DaS2.

Ornstein and Smough were great because THEY WERE DESIGNED, FROM THE GROUND UP, as a duo. You can see how their movesets work together to create an interesting fight, and the arena is well designed for it as well.

Ruin Sentinels is just "take one guy, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-v". Same for 2kats.
>>
File: 1445577306410.gif (545 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1445577306410.gif
545 KB, 300x199
>>333354574
>bland as fuck grimdark setting
I agree fellow brony, its much better when games are like D3 and have flowers and rainbows everywhere to keep the sads away.
>>
File: TH15Clownpiece.png (215 KB, 336x512) Image search: [Google]
TH15Clownpiece.png
215 KB, 336x512
>Is there a boss battle literally more BULLSHIT than this?

I'd rather fight sixteen ornstein and smoughs at the same time than fight one of these.
>>
>>333356025
yeah, that's one of dark soul's 2 problems, I feel they could have gone down on how many multiple enemy boss fights they have.

then again Dark souls 2 has Fume knight, which is easily one of my top 3 favorite boss fights, if only for how much of an asshole he is.
>>
>>333346875
Drake and Josh
>>
File: spere.png (117 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
spere.png
117 KB, 1024x749
>>333346875
Berenstain and de bear
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.