[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did games like this stop being made? I feel like today we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Why did games like this stop being made? I feel like today we just play the same shit over and over, with different skins thrown on top.
>>
>>333346357
The PS1 was a wealth of games. Everyone from everywhere were jumping on that console to make a game.
>>
>>333346357

>Anthro animals

Furfag stigma would kill ot on the shore nowadays. Look at all the shit Overgrowth has gotten for its artstyle since day one of announcement (not to defend the Overgrowth devs on anything else, the lying SJW scamming fucks)
>>
>>333346357
because we have like 10 developers these days and about half of them are under the same publisher and share engines.

people started demanding better graphics by bitching every time something doesn't look perfect so that's all we get now. power fantasy games that try to visually emulate reality.
>>
HD is expensive so devs/publishers aren't willing to fuck around much anymore.
>>
>>333346690
How are they sjw
>>
>>333347028
I swear HD ruined gaming.
>>
>>333346690
What happened with overgrowth? I haven't seen it mentioned in years
>>
Fun fact, apparently a bunch of people who went on to make Kung Fu Panda, were involved with this game.
>>
File: beasts consorting.jpg (18 KB, 347x167) Image search: [Google]
beasts consorting.jpg
18 KB, 347x167
>>333347036

One of the main devs used to constantly post SJW shit on twitter and refused to recant on an incredibly absurd statistic drop (I think it was "2 in 3 women are raped") but eventually the humiliation got too great and he started mass-blocking people who called him out
>>
>>333347290
really cool how that worked out, would have been awesome if they took on a project to make a sequel, vidya needs that kind of creativity, not everything has to be bland dudebro shit
>>
>>333346690
>not to defend the Overgrowth devs on anything else, the lying SJW scamming fucks
How are they any of those? The game is still being worked on. The dev gutted the engine and has been rebuilding it since last year for optimization.
>>
>>333347331

David Rosen also ran with the most babby-tier, poorly-researched anti-GG shit (they're anti-women, they're a fascist movement, etc.) with a completely straight face. The heat got so great he had to offer refunds
>>
>>333347290
Not all that surprising.
>>
File: swtor_races.png (61 KB, 735x429) Image search: [Google]
swtor_races.png
61 KB, 735x429
not relatable, not serious enough. If non-humans are ever used, they will almost always be cartoony.
>>
>>333347840
Thanks for telling us what we already know. Bioware is shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.