[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>7/10 Endurance >3/5 Toughness Perk >3/3 Life Giver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>7/10 Endurance
>3/5 Toughness Perk
>3/3 Life Giver Perk
>3/5 Rifleman
>Full Minuteman Generals Outfit

>Supermutant takes 5 .50 cal shots to kill
>Mirelurk Hunter takes 10 .45 rifle shots to kill

>I die in one melee hit from the Mirelurk Hunter
>2 .38 pistol rifle shots and a molotov cocktail kill me instantly from the supermutant

This is really pissing me off. Everyone's made of metal and I'm made of straw. The whole game has just been "kill a couple of guys, run and hide, rinse and repeat".
>>
does it give you more ammo or are you constantly running out like in vanilla?

that shit pissed me off
>>
File: 456987123.gif (83 KB, 395x281) Image search: [Google]
456987123.gif
83 KB, 395x281
Game devs can't do a proper highest difficulty setting anymore. Many old FPS' gave their enemies better / more aggressive AI on the highest setting, instead of just pumping up the stats.
>>
>>333333333
>>
>>333345310
>he didn't take Scrounger the second it became available

>>333345340
This fucks me off, Bethesda have always been shit at their difficulty scaling well, since Oblivion anyway
>>
>>333345340
That said I did complete FO4 on Survival. But I played early game on hard. Might wanna try that OP.>>333345085
>>
File: 333-0-1447451102.png (10 KB, 404x225) Image search: [Google]
333-0-1447451102.png
10 KB, 404x225
>>333345085
>I just played a bethesda game and was shocked to find its a piece of shit.

sweet thread OP. upvote
>>
File: BoS.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
BoS.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>333345310

You don't run out as much. Things die quicker then in vanilla, but it just pisses me off how much more easily you and your allies die compared to enemies.

I work my ass off for hours trying to build up my character, and this fucking raider with a pipe rifle and metal armor takes a good 8-10 hits to kill with my upgraded .45 rifle, but I die within 3-4 shots from his god dam pipe rifle?

Fuck that. Can't wait for this shit to go out of beta so I can start using mods to fix this shit.

But the thing with ammo is that it has weight now. So you don't want to carry a ton or else you'll be constantly encumbered. I've been playing using a .50 cal sniper, .45 combat rifle, and a .44 pistol. I haven't had huge issues with ammo.

With the new save system, it gets real fucking annoying. I clear this plant out and there's a script event where mirelurk hunters spawn right as you walk outside. So i walk out not knowing this. They spawn right at my feet. I pump 4 shots from my .45 into it...it kills me instantly.

Second try, I decided to call in minutemen with my flare gun to come help.

These fucking idiots come to "help" in no armor. One of the two minutemen had leather shoulder pads and I think leather legs. Thats it. Tier one leather armor on shoulders and legs. The other one was just in clothes. Their weapons? Fucking pipe pistols. PIPE PISTOLS. They both died insantly, did maybe 5% damage. Useless fucks.

>>333345340

I don't mind dying quickly. Just make it so I can kill them just as fast. Especially when all allies suck and I'm out numbered most of the time.
>>
>>333345085
>not playing very hard with power armor

yep. you're autistic
>>
>>333346020

Yeah yeah. I know with power armor everything becomes a lot more easy.

I just wanted to save my power armor itch for my BoS play through of the new survival mode.
>>
>people still play fallout 4
really shocking
>>
>>333346591

Meh, it's fun. And I'm bored.

Not like there have been any good games that have come out lately. Can't think of a game that has come out in the last year that didn't have some annoying/bad design shit.
>>
>>333347010
fuck off
>>
>>333345085
So is new survival mode all bulletsponge bullshit or what?
>>
>>333347067

It really depends.

Basically it works like a MMO now. You have to stay to certain areas and "level up" and "gear up" before going to other locations.

The farther south you go from sanctuary, the more damage enemies give and the more they need.

There are some parts of the maps and some enemies that I can plow through, because I'm considered "higher level" from that area.

However, every once in a while something crops up that pisses me off.

So it depends on your level, weapon being used, and perks.

As with my example, I'm using a .45 combat rifle with the perks in the original post. I'm north of Diamond City, near the boat house settlement.

The enemies I was fighting were super mutants with pipe based weapons. May have been a few .44 revolver pipe weapons and most were .38.

They took about 5-6 body shots to kill. Me on the other hand, I die in 3-4. This is compounded with being out numbered.

If I start going south of Diamond City, it gets harder. They start taking more bullets to kill.

So sadly, based on what I've encountered, it's not too bad of bullet sponge. I wish enemies did die faster. I think what I'm going to do is wait for mods to come out. I think most of the armor you can mod looks absolutely retarded.

I may just bite the bullet and go do railroad for the clothing modification. Combine that with leather armor (since that looks the best in my opinion). The when mods come out, get some gear that actually looks cool.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.