[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tech problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: age-of-mythology-titans-54404.jpg (252 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
age-of-mythology-titans-54404.jpg
252 KB, 800x600
Sup niggers. I don't know where else to go with this shit.

>All of my games on CD don't seem to work with one exception. So no physical problems
>When clicking the program icon it tells me to run as administrator.
>I do this and nothing happens.
>No whirring from the DVD drive.
>Jack shit.

Sometimes the program will appear for a split second in the task manager, but then it's gone again.

I've tried:

>Reinstalling
>Updating games
>Windows Defender, (I know it's shit recommend me something else.)
>Running in compatability modes

I'm lost. Has anyone even encountered this problem before at least? I couldn't find anyone else asking about every game they had.

I need to play Age of Mythology again and fuck buying it on Steam. And fuck asking Reddit.

Help me /v/, you're my only hope.

Also Age of Mythology thread.
>>
not tech support

not current hardware or OS

not sure if CDs are even readable in a DVD?

its old, just pirate it
>>
>>333334334
Just download a crack for it and run it w/o the cd.

I was just replaying the campaigns today, since I got tricked and bought it on steam for the new chinesse race.
The china campaign is basically a lazily made mod and the new units are reskins of other units with laughably bad animations.
Multiplayer seems dead so i dunno about that.
>>
>>333334334
What OS are you using?
>>
>>333333333
>>
what do you mean by "fuck asking reddit"

did you already go there, or do you think it's something we would recommend? both are bad answers by the way.

anyhow, you don't even need to pirate it, you just need a nocd crack probably.
>>
>>333334476

I shouldn't have to pirate this motherfucker. I've been playing the same disc for like 10 years.

SW KotOR II seems to work just fine for some reason. It's the token only game.

I've played most of the games before on this machine, so I know they're compatible.
>>
>>333334678

I mean fuck the idea of asking them.

Do I have to get some torrent program for these nocd cracks?
>>
>>333334598

Windows 8.
>>
rise my pretty
>>
>>333335110
Did you recently upgrade from 7? I have a similar problem being that all of my older disc based games no longer function, so I run them on a virtual machine which seems to be working
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.