[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Our Phantom Pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>tfw "The Phantom Pain"
> series already had an all-strings-tied ending with Guns of the Patriots
>Supposed to bridge a gap that's already explained well enough through three games
>MGS'V': The 'Phantom Pain'
>Phantom Pain is the longing or hurting of something not there
>Konami losing interest in console market
>Kojima is a natural dick
>Gives literally everyone involved their own Phantom Pain
>Hayter backstabbed
>This same thing combined with other frivolous Kojima shit costs Konami shittons of money
>Players played like a fiddle due to lack of any real resolution to the final canon entry of series

I hope whatever he does next fails, fuck Kojima.
>>
Can we stop talking about this shit? Holy fuck
>>
You don't have "le phantom pain", dipshit. You haven't lost anything except some time and money that you would've just wasted on something.
Now stop this cringe shit.
>>
>>333332230
"Phantom pain" is when your nerves trick your brain into experiencing pain in a part of your body that's been lost.
>>
>>333332230
i hope you die tonight
>>
It still hurts ;_;
>>
>>333333514
No, Konami.
>>
>>333334875
You, feel it too, don't you...?
>>
>>333333514
I would be fine with it if these whiny faggots would stop with their hyperbole, the game isn't even that bad. You got an ending to your series, most people's favorite series died in some company dispute and sit in limbo forever. Be grateful for what you got you, fucking manchild
>>
>>333332230
Reminder that MGSV is the new Sons of Liberty:

-both games had fantastic but misleading trailers that hyped the games to unprecedented levels

-both games are divided into a short prologue chapter and the longer main game, with each portion having a different playable character

-the prologue chapter is arguably better than the main game for both titles

-both games feature an unwanted twist regarding who the protagonist is

-both games play amazingly well but are let down by repetitive, lackluster level design and a lack of variety

-both games have disappointing boss battles compared to prior games in the series

-both games have stories that went in a completely different direction from what fans were expecting

-both games have disappointing endings that leave many important questions unanswered

-both games are overloaded with boring and lengthy audio-based info dumps

-both games received rave reviews from critics but a tepid reaction from fans
>>
>>333335203
NO ITS DIFFERENT CUZ NOSTALGIA
>>
>>333335293
Most of the people shitting on V weren't around for 2's release and the build-up to it. I've been following the Metal Gear series since the 80s, and the response V is getting is the exact same that 2 got.
>>
File: 342347897.jpg (238 KB, 778x675) Image search: [Google]
342347897.jpg
238 KB, 778x675
>>333335203

It feels like the MGS2 I should have got back in the day. I fucking hated sons of liberty and none of the lame ass arguments for it hold water when fact checked. Such as the fact Jack was a part of the child army and from MG2 hence his very reason for being in MGS2. Making the whole " Woah its supposed to make snake seem cool! " HE ALREADY WAS COOL FAGGOT, not to mention the fucking hideo wants to incest shit every where, dare I enter his magical realm.

MGS2 is to Metal gear as RE4 is to resident evil as Halo 2 is to Halo CE as Silent Hill 2 is to Silent Hill. These are sequels where johnny come lately mother fuckers show up because of the word of mouth and praise anything they are given.

Halo Reach and MGSV is like sweet fucking vindication, bitter but sweet.
>>
>>333335697

Oh and DMC2 or Donte'
>>
File: ImFuckingInvincible!.jpg (111 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
ImFuckingInvincible!.jpg
111 KB, 584x622
>>333335203

>played Sons of Liberty years after it first came out, loved it
>played Phantom Pain a few weeks after it first came out, completely on-board the hype train, loved it
>mfw
>>
>>333335697
I agree with you on everything except Silent Hill. I started with the original, played it at release, and still think 2 is a better game. 1 wasn't scary at all, it has the clunkiest controls, and the story is probably the weakest of the original Team Silent games
>>
>>333335576
I don't doubt it. I'd wager most people that spout their bullshit here were like 11-15 at best when mgs2 came out. But they're gonna tell you that you're wrong either way. I was 11 when this game came out and vividly remember people complaining on gamefaqs about snake being dead.
>>
I don't think I've ever had so much fun with a MGS game to be honest
I'm really looking forward to having some extra cash to buy it on PC and play it because replaying it on PS4 doesn't feel right
I want to re-experience it from the beginning with every feature
>>
wen da dick remove but ya boipucci still hurtin
>>
>>333332230
>blaming the failure on Kojima who had plenty more that could have been added to the game if Konami hadn't gutted the project and made him somehow wrap up his masterpiece by cutting out a third of it
>>
File: 1-don-quixote.jpg (38 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1-don-quixote.jpg
38 KB, 400x300
>>333332230
>Supposed to bridge a gap that's already explained well enough through three games
MGSV creates new plothole and unanswered questions that not only deserve answering, but NEED answering.
Questions like
>How did Snake become part of the newly re-established Fox Hound when at the end of TPP "The Whole World Wants You Dead" still?
>When did DD's "War Against Cypher" that Miller mentions actually takes place?
How did noone realize a guy that looked just like Big Boss as the one behind Outer Heaven? If Venom never revealed what he looked like to the West then doesn't that negate the point of creating a decoy?
>When did Snake find Naomi and Frank Yagger? Was that Venom or the Real Big Boss?
>How did the Mammal Pod go from safely kept on Mother Base to taking over the internet as the Patriots A.I.?
>How did Miller train Snake as a blind cripple? Why did he train Snake? Wasn't he angry at Cypher/the USA?
>What was the "Eyes on Kazuhira" line about?
>Where was the Thrid vile of the English Strain?
>Was Huey brainwashed by Skullface? Why did he act like such a weirdo during the OKBZero mission?
>Why don't you get to return to Camp Omega even though it was promissed you could?
>How exactly was the theme of the game "Race"? Wouldn't "Identity" or "Language" be better?
>>
>this thread every fucking day
>the same happens when PW comes out

i fucking hate you and your shitty movies of 10 hours
>>
>>333335203
MGS2's plot isn't shit. It's actually waaaaay ahead of it's time.
>>
>>333335195

Is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
>>
File: 1455749344029.jpg (708 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455749344029.jpg
708 KB, 1920x1080
>>333335203
>mgs2 ending
>mediocre
>>
>>333335203
>-both games play amazingly well but are let down by repetitive, lackluster level design and a lack of variety
MGS2 gameplay is shite
>-both games have stories that went in a completely different direction from what fans were expecting
Sons Of Liberty did it cleverly, V did it for like no reason
>both games received rave reviews from critics but a tepid reaction from fans
MGSV reviews were from a bunch of guys crammed into a room with Konami and KojiPro representatives breathing over their shoulder. They didn't even have time to finish the game before they had to push a review out.
>>
>>333336316
Anon, Cipher becomes the patriots. The whole fucking thing snake gets manipulated by in the ENTIRE series, you're taking them to war in mgs2 and 4. I don't understand why MGS fans seem so autistic and can't pick up context clues.
>>
>>33333223
HIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>333336648
Did you not even read what he said? When did Diamond Dogs go to war with Cipher? They sure as hell weren't in MGS2 or 4, because they were only mentioned for the first time in MGSV.
>>
>>333336764
They don't. that's the point. They get blown the fuck out by one dude.
>>
>>333335203
>-the prologue chapter is arguably better than the main game for both titles
Ok this has to stop
Can anyone who has ground zeroes kindly replay the game after TPP please?
>Worse draw distance
>Worse animations, many of them don't connect
>Worse UI
>Kaz talks all the time
>Items spawn near you as you turn the camera
>Diving is broken along with the camera position when you dive
>One set of soundtracks for alert, caution and when the enemy sees you for every mission except Ground Zeroes after contacting Paz
>Ruined the "Kept you waiting huh"
>Terrible delivery on "Played us like a damn fiddle"
>Medic's voice gave away the secret a year and half before the game came out along with the fact that every time his face is about to be in the shot he turns his head
>>
>>333336945
Miller says they're going to start a war with Cipher, though.
>>
>>333336060

I'll give that to you but you must admit that fucking intro was god damn orgasmic. Walking off into the fog while an ash as if ground zero to Mt saint helens until the world decides to go full metal on you.
>>
>>333336648
Are you retarded?
The Patriots were Big Boss, his Codec Buddies, Eva and Ocelot. The Patriots were never a military force, they only used proxies (PMCs, Sons of Liberty, the USA), manipulated by the Patriot A.I .

>>333336945
That was MSF. Miller states that DD will go to war with Cypher, but thy never do, and then he just leaves after some unspecified time.
>>
>>333337083
did you miss the part in the game where the cipher attacking venom is skullface's rogue section, which you do fight against, and lose to, and the part where miller explicitly makes you back off and says that a war with them would end badly for DD after your base gets plagued with parasites?
>>
>>333337251
I'm talking about snake blowing DD up under patriot orders.

>>333337251
Where the fuck do you think the patriots stemmed from? Cipher, which is lead by fucking zero. Which is why skullface even has a bunch of rogue soldiers under his command.
>>
>>333337082
If you go back and play Ground Zeroes too you'll notice little things like the controls being smoother and better in Phantom Pain, and reflex mode working better(always activating properly and controlling better when in it).
>>
>>333337351
>and the part where miller explicitly makes you back off and says that a war with them would end badly for DD after your base gets plagued with parasites?

End game Venom, by himself, has an army 3500 strong positioned all over the world. Team Big Bosses prolly could have taken Cypher, storywise, in the mid 90s had Solid Snake not have foiled them.
>>
>>333332230
Yeah it hurts.
In a way it's pretty meta that the game was a phantom pain in itself, but I'd give the shit up for a real conclusion to the Big Boss saga.

On the other hand, the game is still extremely good, tightest third person controls since Ninja Gaiden and one of the overall best games I've played in years.
>>
Kojima is a charisma-less cuck. He turned into fag jizz.
>>
>>333338409
yeah, but end game venom isn't being told what to do by ocelot and kaz anymore. You can tell venom doesn't want revenge, shown by multiple cutscenes in the game, kaz does. Then throw in the info that zero actually is the reason both of you are alive.
>>
>>333337082
I said arguably. I don't believe it myself, but plenty of people do. Hence "arguably".
>>
>>333337223
The beginning of the game was fantastic, I agree. It was a good game overall but I just felt it was weaker than 2 and 3.
>>
MGSV is one the best games ever made. No matter how much you cry it wont change all the great reviews, rewards, massive amounts of sales, and fun tons of people had.
>>
File: Fix0cf4.jpg (139 KB, 1036x458) Image search: [Google]
Fix0cf4.jpg
139 KB, 1036x458
MGS Timeline is fucked up
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.