[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people seriously claim that this is not the best Final Fantasy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14
File: your opinion is shit.png (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
your opinion is shit.png
26 KB, 300x300
>>
>>333328652
All the nidhoggs know that XIV is actually the best Final Fantasy.
>>
If you wanted to determine the best ff by objecyive measurements (which would be retarded), it wouldn't be IX. It's subjective. Fuck off, not one of those threads again.
>>
Where the fuck is the pc version. WHERE IS IT?
>>
IX is rehashed garbage that does nothing interesting or innovative.
>>
>>333328652
FFIX's battle system is absolutely terrible and the music is mediocre.

the plot is an unfinished mess, though this isn't unusual for Final Fantasy, it's especially apparent in this game.

the load times are truly atrocious. Only things the game has going for it are graphics and charm.

have fun watching your 18 second long attack animations with your slow as fuck ATB bar while I play FFVII, a game that's fast and responsive.
>>
>>333330998

congratulations on your lobotomy
>>
>>333331818
This pretty much.
>>
>>333328652
Worst implementation of ATB in the whole series.
Trance system is absolutely terrible.
Game uses the FFIV and VI system of having preset party member builds but most of the characters are completely useless and shitty.
endless load times everywhere.
second worst battle music in the series.

As far as FF goes I would rate IX only above II and XIII. Even XII which I despise I thought was better.
>>
>>333328652
Do you seriously claim it is?
>>
File: jack-black-stop.jpg (10 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
jack-black-stop.jpg
10 KB, 293x282
>>333332042
Congratulations on your shitpost Australia-kun
>>
File: cute ff.jpg (80 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
cute ff.jpg
80 KB, 480x272
The DS/PSP version of FF3 is my personal favorite.
>>
File: FINAL FURSHIT.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2884) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FURSHIT.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2884
>Terrible cast
>Forgettable characters and hideous designs, many of them blatant furbait
>Slow combat even slower than the SNES FFs
>Less customisation than previous FFs
>Claims to be a throwback to older FFs when it isn't at all and doesn't resemble them in any way and the older FFs did what people claim this game does far better
>>
>>333332392
>Worst implementation of ATB in the whole series
True
>Trance system is absolutely terrible
True for some characters (quina off the top of my head), I'd much rather have that over ff VIII's limit breaks where you just spam them though
>Arguably only Amarant is pretty useless, even then it's nowhere near umaro levels
>blatant exaggeration
>Worst taste on /v/
>>
>>333333072
the only FF game I can think of that has worse battle music is X-2. Even the boss theme and final boss theme suck in IX.

FFII is a nearly unplayable trainwreck of a game that is one of the worst games in its whole genre, and one of the worst JRPGs on the NES, an admirable achievement given the existence of games like Hoshi Wo Miru Hito and Super Monkey Daiboken.

XIII is shit through and through with awful characters (aside from based Sazh), a plot that's ridiculously hard to follow despite the whole game being on rails, mediocre battle system where you can let it play itself most of the time (much like FFXII), and tons of fake words that all sound the same.

XII is the worst of the single-player MMO genre.
>>
>>333330998
mother of god, i have read in the past real shit but this, this is the most shit comment i have ever read in my fucking whole life my god, do humanity a favour and kill your self srs...

ffxiv the best ff my god why even live

the best are 7 and 9
>>
>not FFVI

Kill yourself senpai.
>>
>>333333471
*the best are 5 and 7

FTFY
>>
>boring story and forgettable side-characters
>characters looks goofy as fucl
>shitty slow as fuck combat
>furfag bait

It's not terrible, but it's extremely overrated.
>>
>>333328652
It's a good game but it's very easily surpassed by V, VI and VII
>>
I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and X are all better than it for battle system alone.
>>
>>333333451
My bad, I thought you were talking about the regular battle theme. One of my favourite tracks that helped me cope with the long "load" times. But yeah, the rest is pretty meh, except for situational themes like YANA and the one that plays when you're fighting shit with Freya and steiner.
>>
this game always has a special place in my heart. however it was dethroned by X for best.

also IX has furfag shit and that just ain't acceptable
>>
>>333333943
the regular battle theme is awful compared to every other FF aside from X-2.
>>
>worst battle system in the franchise
>basically the entire GAME part of it is terrible
>somehow this makes it the best in the franchise

Yeah no.
>>
>>333334092
Whatever. To me it's the third best behind V and VI but arguing music is as retarded as arguing over which FF is the b... Fuck
>>
>>333333991
I know it's easy to forget Kimahri exists but c'mon, man
>>
6, 7, 9 and 10 are all great games, the rest of the franchise should be ignored
play 8 only if you are desperate for more
>>
>>333335018
>no V
>didn't mention IV as a desperate pick
Wew
>>
>>333335018
>implying 5 isn't the best in the franchise
>implying 6 isn't overrated shit filled to the brim with bugs
>>
>spend 8 seconds waiting for the ATB bar to fill up even on maximum speed setting
>then have to watch 30 second long attack animation
>all this after a 30 second loading screen in and out for each battle

IX would be unplayable if it weren't for fast-forward options on emulator.
>>
>>333328652
XI is/was the best but IX is pretty good too.
>>
>>333328652
I would say XII, Tactics and VII are better.
>>
>>333328652
It's the one I liked the best, so yeah.
>>
>>333335789
>XII
lel
>>
>>333335908
Yeah, I liked it more.
>>
>>333335908
>not liking XII

Pleb.
>>
played through each FF game in a row last year, having only played IV growing up due to having nothing but Nintendo systems.

VII>V>X>VI>IV>III>I>VIII>IX>XII=XIII>>>>>>II
>>
>>333336114
>plays itself
>main party doesn't even have anything to do with the story

shit game
dropped it about 40 hours in when I realized I wasn't even playing the game anymore, just using the analog stick to run into mobs while I read books.
>>
>>333328652
*tips furdora
>>
>>333328652
IX has the best OST in the series, but that's pretty much all it has going for it

It's still my favorite
>>
>>333328652
IX has ridiculous differing opinions in how both its fans and haters are vocal as fuck, personally I think it has some of the best world building in any game ever.
>>
>>333336261
Your loss, either you hate cRPGs or you refused to turn off gambits for whatever reason.
>>
>>333334092
IX has my favorite battle theme out of the lot.
>>
The only bad Final Fantasy games are 2 and 12.
>>
>>333336114
>Battle system is too much like an MMO, and the Gambit system essentially does all the work for you
>Uninteresting and impersonal story
>Vayne is a dull politician who just talks too much but doesn't even say anything interesting, and is so far removed that we don't even know why he is the main antagonist. No one in the party even has a personal vendetta with him
>Vaan and Penelo are entirely useless
>Lack of character interaction. It's awkward to see a band of characters that barely seem to know each other, even at the end
>Licenses a shit
>Environments are boring
>Game feels incomplete with sidestories that go nowhere
>>
>>333336402
>best OST
It's not even in the top 5

It has some good town themes, some great incidental event music, but utterly terrible battle themes.
Guess which ones you hear for about 60% of the playtime?
>>
>>333328652
VII to XII is ether tits or ass. Your opinion man.
>>
>>333336434
cRPGs all have terrible combat, they have always had terrible combat, people do not play cRPGs for the combat.

Even when playing the game without gambits the battle system is shitty. And no, I didn't play IZJS and I will never play it.
>>
File: 1324846951.jpg (50 KB, 622x442) Image search: [Google]
1324846951.jpg
50 KB, 622x442
>>333336530
well that's just...like...your opinion man
too bad it's wrong
>>
>>333336519
>>333336261
>Battle system is too much like an MMO
>Not liking MMOs

Plebs. Didn't read the rest.
>>
>>333333333
>>
>>333336530
Speak for yourself. I love the keyboard.
>>
>>333336530
Ivalice games have some of the best OST in my opinion
>>
>>333336693
MMOs have that shitty combat system because it's the only way to have playable combat with a mass amount of players.

it's an abstraction built by limitations. Without the interactivity of other players and without the constraints of netcode, MMO combat is pointless.
>>
>>333336865
Name one MMO with combat similar to XII. And before you say something stupid I'll remind you that you need to name an MMO that allows you control multiple characters.
>>
>>333337015
>control multiple characters
assigning all the commands to your party by hand is retarded, it's why the Gambit system exists.
>>
>>333336519
I think MMO combat's fine, I loved Xenoblade. FF12 just had bad mechanics and totally homogeneous characters. I'm guessing the IZJS or whatever release was much better.
>>
File: mvfIdDe.gif (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mvfIdDe.gif
58 KB, 400x400
never played it

don't really plan on it either, looks lame
>>
>>333337248
It's a reddit favorite so that should tell you something.
>>
File: upope.png (760 KB, 1280x644) Image search: [Google]
upope.png
760 KB, 1280x644
>>333337180
>I can't name one

Alright, so basically I win.
>>
>>333337308
that you're a faggot?
>>
>>333337015
WoW
SWToR
Everquest
FFXI
FFXIV
>>
>>333328652
Finally this IX was the best meme can die. Fucking contrarians.
>>
it's way too easy
>>
>>333337607
I said characters, not pets.
>>
IX's abysmal battle system ensures that it will never be considered the best by anyone other than hipster faggots.
>>
>>333337741
you wear this 'multiple characters' shit like a badge of honor, as if it's impressive that FFXII lets you control a completely homogenized party of identical characters, or that the combat is somehow not shitty because of this.
>>
>>333335514
At least PC version will have fast forward and less random battles.

I've beat it on console like 3 times, though. It's really not that bad.
>>
>>333337954
No, I just happen to have a girlboner hard as steal for MCC (Multi-character control.) Dungeon Siege I and II are some of my favorite games. Being able to fine-tune all three or even six of your characters in XII is also very enjoyable to me.

The characters in XII are less identical when you play Zodiac.
>>
>>333335514
i can't get my epsxe to speed up in the battles anon, how did you achieve this?
>>
>>333333471
>>333333685
*the best are 6 and 7
Fixed that for senpai
>>
File: Square_Soft_logo.png (50 KB, 2418x498) Image search: [Google]
Square_Soft_logo.png
50 KB, 2418x498
Everything you need to know about Final Fantasy games:
-5, 6, & 7 are at the apex of the entire franchise.
-If pic related is not displayed when you turn on the game, you are playing low-quality garbage, a port, or both.
-Anything after X is not Final Fantasy.
-Lost Odyssey is an honorary Final Fantasy game.
-FF12 is an Ivalice spinoff. FF13 is a empty husk of the franchise spinoff.
-FF15 will resemble Kingdom Hearts more than a mainline Final Fantasy game, and should be regarded as such.
-The MMOs (FF11, FF14) are responsible for the lack of quality in the other Square titles.
-Nobody gives a shit what your favorite Final Fantasy is besides you.
>>
>>333338432
please
as good as the story and visuals and soundtrack are, nothing is going to beat the Job System, and VI is full of atrocious bugs, including ones that affect your save file.
>>
>>333338472
>The MMOs (FF11, FF14) are responsible for the lack of quality in the other Square titles.

That's okay though because XI is literally the best game ever made.
>>
9 is okay. It felt to me like a next generation FF4. Kind of like how OoT is to LttP

My favorite game is 5
>>
>>333328652
ff ix is love
ff ix is life
>>
>>333328652
>playing final fantasy IX
>random battle starts on world map
>screen fades to black
>three days pass
>music begins
>camera pans the battlefield for approximately one month
>close up of enemy
>close up of zidane
>close up of garnet's butthole
>another four years pass
>finally get to choose an action
>wait three decades for action to take place

repeat x1000
>>
>>333328652
well people have different taste ff9 is the only ff i really like and 4 is ok, i hate the rest
>>
>>333328652
Yes. It's not tactics. Tactics is the best FF.
>>
>>333331818
>have fun watching your 18 second long attack animations with your slow as fuck ATB bar while I play FFVII, a game that's fast and responsive.

Hell, VIII runs faster than IX.
>>
>>333340502
The only reason any FF is good is because its atmosphere and world building. Tactics is just battle after battle on floating maps, AKA it's shit.

I'm really not sure why people are hating on FF IX's combat system. Is it great? No, but none of the other FF's battle systems are great, either.
>>
File: teedus.jpg (228 KB, 600x654) Image search: [Google]
teedus.jpg
228 KB, 600x654
Yea its the best FF game after IX suck balls
>>
>>333328652
i know right it even has best waifu
>>
>>333331818
school tomorrow
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.