[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sonic games are about going fast! >You're supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Sonic_oh_well.png (152 KB, 377x479) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_oh_well.png
152 KB, 377x479
>Sonic games are about going fast!
>You're supposed to hold right to win in Sonic games!
Where did these opinions come from and why are they so popular?
>>
>>333327290
its a meme you dip
>>
>>333327290
Trolls. and Sonic Advance 1-3.
>>
>>333327290
I always wonder what the appeal of Sonic games are. Like, if you're supposed to go fast then why is there always shit that makes you slow down like platforming shit or whatever?

Honestly, you only go fast if there's a speed booster thingy next to a long straight road, a loop or a ramp.
>>
File: marblezoneact3_shot1.png (7 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
marblezoneact3_shot1.png
7 KB, 320x224
>>333327527
>if you're supposed to go fast then why is there always shit that makes you slow down like platforming shit or whatever?

Motherfucking Marble Zone
>>
>>333327527
Because Sonic isn't actually about going fast, which is why his games are garbage.
>>
File: 7V4lf.jpg (86 KB, 350x821) Image search: [Google]
7V4lf.jpg
86 KB, 350x821
>>333327290
>>
File: Coconuts010.jpg (99 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Coconuts010.jpg
99 KB, 720x576
I loved Sonic cartoon as a kid and when I finnaly played I couldn't belive how Sonic games are so shitty
>>
>>333327527
Because it's pretty hard to come up with an engine that lets you go fast, content filled levels that reward you for going fast, and enough variation that every level doesn't play the same. The puzzles in later stages are deliberately slow to pad out the length of the game.
>>
>>333330165
I reckon they just need to make a Sonic version of Geometry Dash or something. You go fast, it's got Sonic and it's hard enough to make the kiddies feel like they're hardcore.
>>
>>333327290
marketing and memes pretty much
The games' main focus was never speed, it was manipulating the enviroment with use of the games' physics and the consequence of performing well was speed. Sadly SEGA themselves have forgotten this and have fallen for their own advertising.
>>
>>333330842
So basically, the game's original purpose was speed running?
>>
>>333331414
In a way, yes.
A lot of SEGA games have always had a bit of an arcade pick-and-play mentality, which makes sense given their history.
>>
File: 1400128651874.jpg (881 KB, 1324x1697) Image search: [Google]
1400128651874.jpg
881 KB, 1324x1697
>>333327527

>why is there always shit that makes you slow down like platforming shit or whatever?

To test your reactions on whether you'll make the proper response to those obstacles (i.e either to roll under or jump over them). And you can go fast if you have skill to maintain that speed and momentum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6yZxuDFGG0
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.