[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Rocksteady pretty much perfected making Batman games, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1459876497614.jpg (78 KB, 774x683) Image search: [Google]
1459876497614.jpg
78 KB, 774x683
So Rocksteady pretty much perfected making Batman games, but how would one go about making the perfect Iron Man game?

Fuck your opinions on arkham-style combat for a second and tell me how one would go about making a game that perfectly simulates the Iron Man experience?
>>
>>333323371
Make it corny and geared towards retards and you've perfectly simulated every capeshit experience out there.
>>
I don't really see Iron Man being capable of having Arkham-ish games since there's not as much potential for references and unique places/people without referencing other heroes or involving SHIELD.

Part of what makes the Arkham games good is all the references to other villains and heroes from Batman's universe.
>>
File: ULTMTS2011014_COV.jpg (191 KB, 900x1620) Image search: [Google]
ULTMTS2011014_COV.jpg
191 KB, 900x1620
>>333323371
Take cues from the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. arc in the comics, and and make the gameplay similar to the Macross games on PSP, complete with different modes of flight in place of transformation
>>
>>333323371
Ace combat mixed with Zone of the Enders
>>
>>333323371
I'd say make it play like a mix of Arkham games and Bayonetta, with more focus on his hand blaster things.
Make the flying controls good somehow.
Ideally just make it an avengers game desu.
>>
>>333323542
You're on /v/.
>>
a hulk game would be better
>>
>>333323614
The references in Arkham-style games are just icing on the cake; they're really perfected the art of making the player feel like Batman when controlling him.
>>
>>333323721
>I'd say make it play like a mix of Arkham games and Bayonetta
That would work better for a Spider-Man game. An Ironman game would be more Ace Combat.
>>
>>333323960
I meant it more like faster arkham combat with combos using all his blaster-based abilities and air juggle potential.
>>
Third person shooter with multiple explosive and shooting based gadgets and a focus on Ariel combat.

To make full use of the flying your going to either need an incredibly vast open world map with large buildings and structures to the extent of something like Just Cause or several mid sized maps that take advantage of your flying.
>>
>>333324095
thor game
>>
>Game starts
>Full Ironman suit
>boss battle
>emp or some shit
>suit damaged
>flightless
>have to go around (insert city/counties) with limited weapons, as suit repairs or replacement parts are found.
>Armour customization based on where you put power consumption and pickups found.
>get full suit 3/4 through game with flight
>fly through cities stopping bad guys

IRON MAN THE GAME
>>
I'd buy the shit out of an Iron Man game made by Project Aces.
>>
Strike Suit Zero but with Iron Man.
>>
>>333323638
>Take cues from the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. arc in the comics, and and make the gameplay similar to the Macross games on PSP, complete with different modes of flight in place of transformation

Add-in a iDroid-like interface for Helicarrier management and armored core-esque customization and it's perfect
>>
File: joyful smug.png (738 B, 124x58) Image search: [Google]
joyful smug.png
738 B, 124x58
>>333324157
>Ariel combat
>>
>>333323691
came here to say this
>>
First off, you flat out cant make a full game with a lot of content based on the Iron Man movies. Its impossible. He has no villains or ongoing threats, no armies of goons to shoot, but if you properly adapted his good comics it could be a mix of flight combat and melee with engaging magic and technology based villains.
>>
Arkham worked because it had solid gameplay that didn't have to be Batman related but happened to gel nicely with the Batman theme.

I dunno what sort of gameplay would work for Iron Man. There would need to be flying, a huge area to explore without restrictions... The combat would be... eh? I dunno. There's probably a reason why it hasn't been done.
>>
File: X1K 1.webm (2 MB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
X1K 1.webm
2 MB, 700x392
Something like Gundam VS?
>>
>>333328038
I don't see why it needs to be open world, just make it an on rails shooter with a free area segment like kid icarus uprising.
>>
>>333323371
Make a Daredevil game instead.
>>
Youra all fags something similar to Superman 64 would be a much better fit
>>
>Zone of the Enders
there is every iron man game ever but with a FPV with VR ready
>>
>>333328778
Every super hero game needs to be open world according to /v/
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.