[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is No Mans Sky going to be the Spore of this decade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: NTSC_05_low.jpg (561 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NTSC_05_low.jpg
561 KB, 1024x768
is No Mans Sky going to be the Spore of this decade?
>>
either that or star citizen
>>
Spore?
That game got canceled years ago. It was never released.
>>
>>333322328
Probably not.

People mostly throw that comparison around because they both share procedural generation and roughly the same setting, but gameplay-wise they're pretty different, and Spore's problem was that it promised the moon and didn't deliver. NMS on the other hand, are pretty honest about what you'll be able to do, which is definitely not as much as some people caught in the hype might expect.
>>
People are excited for No Man's Sky?
>>
>>333322328
Thats not RCTW, which promised to be roller coaster tycoon, then spins. http://youtu.be/7BfNO5Tn9r0
>>
I hope not because something about spore really fucked up my PC and made it run really slow. I had to do a system restore.
>>
>>333322789
it is true that the NMS devs probably aren't promising shit they wont deliver but based on the hype for this game it's like everybody is expecting some major gameplay mechanic has yet to be delivered.
based on everything I've seen so far from the game it's basically just a humongous walking (and flying) simulator
>>
>>333323403
>it's like everybody is expecting some major gameplay mechanic has yet to be delivered.
meant announced, not delivered
>>
>>333323653
Well one or two months ago no one knew about aliens NPC with alien languages you'd have to learn by finding weird glowing monoliths.
>>
>>333323653
It'll be amazing at what it wants to be like how ED is an amazing real scale space trucker game, its just everyone will want more than what it is and be disappointed.
>>
>>333322328
In sense that both result in great disappointment? Yeah, probably.
>>
>>333322328
No.

It will be the Spore of next decade, when it comes out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.