[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who thinks this costume from Overwatch is based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 1459725760898.jpg (251 KB, 1021x1294) Image search: [Google]
1459725760898.jpg
251 KB, 1021x1294
Am I the only one who thinks this costume from Overwatch is based as fuck?

Mexico is more than fucking sombreros and Dia de Muertos, but for some reason developers always resort to the best stereotypes.
>>
I'm hispanic and I fucking love the design.
>>
Looks fucking cool.

Also, that's not really what a stereotype is.
>>
File: Roadhog and Junkrat.jpg (96 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
Roadhog and Junkrat.jpg
96 KB, 1024x426
>>333318552
Same here brah I love me some fuckin batshit insane gear heads dressed in scrap metal while screaming like a pair of complete druggos. Bonus points with them calling back to Mad Max designs.
>>
>>333318552
looks very good, and the mexican cultire have a huge relationship with the death and the "dia de los muertos"
now stop shitposting and play my games
>>
>>333318552
You did this thread yesterday
>>
>>333318552

i hate how marketers have learned you need to poorly shitpost about a game on /v/ if you want to shill it here
>>
>>333319427
This is a huge step in VR.

Please do what I did and take off the technophile hat for one day and just enjoy the content in VR. For me, I purposefully put my tech opinions aside and just let the content in, and it was absolutely glorious. I simply can't wait for what the next 5 years have to offer for VR...that is...

<rant>

..if you fucking crybabies don't ruin the entire VR business before it has a chance to take off. This is the only real problem. Your incessant complaining is like the guy in the movie theater bitching at full volume about some minor detail that quite literally nobody else in the theater (currently enjoying the movie) gives a flying fuck about. Stop giving snarky quote snippets to gaming press that are too lazy to come up with their own opinions as those opinion pieces shape the buying decisions for the larger market. Articles written in those voices can torpedo a the entire VR industry before it has a chance to even get started. VR HAS to go wide or it will never take off.

Everybody that's boo-hoo'ing about FOV, light rays, and apples/oranges feature comparison needs to chill. This first gen hardware (yes, first gen) and as with all first gen hardware it will contain compromises that will need to be revised to further the state of the art. Yes, the Vive has other features, so does the gear, so does the PSVR, and guess what - some of us like all 4 and will support all of them wherever the content is.

It blows my mind the level of "expert" commentary on these topics. Please, just stop for a second - take a breath - and try to enjoy the content in this new medium and judge the experience on those merits. Yes, there will be things that suck - just like there were things that sucked about 1st gen LCD monitors, or 1st gen iPhones/Androids, or 1st gen consoles. The first real handheld game console was 2 bit color greyscale and 5x the size of a modern smartphone with no backlight. There were no pitchforks back then, why so many now?
>>
>>333318552
>Mexico is more than fucking sombreros and Dia de Muertos

Yeah where the fuck is my poncho?

Also
>developers always resort to the best stereotypes.

Nigga a sterotype would be this skeleton more brown in a white shirt with a red bandana on his neck and a very large sombrero.
>>
>>
>not an aztec luchador swinging macuahuitl nunchucks
>doesn't have La Cucaracha as a theme song
>>
*tips*
>>
>>333318552
hey blizzard, do you plan in keeping the 20 thick for servers? can I have a beta key?
>>
File: Z0031771.jpg (133 KB, 904x960) Image search: [Google]
Z0031771.jpg
133 KB, 904x960
>>333318552

yeah but it's hard to make a costume based on drug cartels, rampant poverty, and a missing wall
>>
>>333318552
Que Te mandan a la verga, maricon
>>
File: 1457659002048.gif (932 KB, 253x197) Image search: [Google]
1457659002048.gif
932 KB, 253x197
>>333318552
>this costume has both
>>
>the simple change of a costume turns a character from Edglord McFuckyou to the most amazing thing in the game
>>
File: 1265549402609.jpg (14 KB, 546x342) Image search: [Google]
1265549402609.jpg
14 KB, 546x342
>>333318552
>thought this was the same stupid pasta for a second
>mfw reading a bit closer
>>
>>333318552
>Mexico is more than fucking sombreros and Dia de Muertos, but for some reason developers always resort to the best stereotypes.
TEQUILA GUNDAM IS BEST GUNDAM
>>
>>333319636
it's also drugs and beheadings and donkey shows and soon...A YUGE WALL!
>>
So how many times are you going to make this thread?
>>
>>333318552
The british girl has a stereotypical london accent and a union flag on her costume. I'm British and couldn't care less. Just be thankfully he's not shaking maracas and eating tacos.
>>
>>333322998
Pandering to national stereotypes are fine, as long as you don't show the character's buttocks.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.