[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Atelier_Meruru.jpg (43 KB, 250x290) Image search: [Google]
Atelier_Meruru.jpg
43 KB, 250x290
Just bought this game under recommendation from you guys. Anything I should know before I dive in? This is my first Atelier.
>>
It's a calm and easy going JRPG.

You'll get addicted to the crafting awfully fast though it you're into that kind of shit.
>>
>>333316425
Is there anything I should do to avoid a shitty experience? I know there are time limits to these games and you can get bad ends.
>>
>>333316425
Not OP but how is the game, specifically the battle style?
I enjoyed the battle style Mega Man X Command Mission.
>>
>>333316781
I've heard that you should focus on exploring and getting new ingredients rather than spending time grinding.

>>333316886
It's turn based and a lot of the harder battles rely on you using alchemy to make a bunch of items to carry you through the fight.
>>
File: 1403502570744.png (377 KB, 430x690) Image search: [Google]
1403502570744.png
377 KB, 430x690
>>333316294
>>This is my first Atelier.
>Starting with Meruru
>>
>>333316294
It has great atmosphere but it's easy to lose interest. Would recommend a full marathon of it.
>>
Totori was better.
>>
>>333317115
I haven't started yet. Are there games I should play first?
>>
Good looking lolis.
>>
>>333316294
You bought the best game in the series with the best girl
>>
>>333317443
It's the third in a trilogy. There isn't much story but you'll miss references.
>>
>>333317581
Oh. What's the first?
>>
>>333317443
Meruru is a sequel to Totori, and Totori is a sequel to Rorona. The story themselves aren't related, so you won't be missing anything, but a lot of characters come from the previous games and part of the fun is seeing the old characters coming back and seeing their development. Since you've already bought the game you might as well play it tough, it's not a dealbreaker.
>>
>>333317693
Rorona
>>
>>333317443
Rorona Plus
>>
>>333317693
Rorona->Totori->Meruru

The original Rorona was a piece of shit but got a Remake/Plus edition. This will make things super confusing because this new edition came out after Meruru and has many of the quality of life systems it introduced. So you'll end up finding Totori a bit more limiting if you start with Rorona Plus anyways.

It's confusing. It doesn't matter. What you need to know is that through alchemy you can make pies and coctails. The plot goes like this:
>An alchemist called Astrid taught Rorona alchemy. Then Rorona did stuff and got praised for it.
>An alchemist called Rorona taught Totori alchemy. Then, totori did stuff and got praised for it.
>>
>>333316294
>under recommendation from you guys.
>This is my first Atelier.

Then you weren't listening. No one says to start with Meruru.
>>
>>333317960
Oh, okay. Is Rorona Plus is on PS3?
>>
>>333318640
Yes, they all are.
>>
>>333318640
Yes

>>333318721
Only Rorona Plus is on PS3, the other Plus are Vita-only
>>
>>333316294

>game is a series
>game are connected between each other
>starts from the last one

NEVER WATCHED A LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE, I'M GOING TO WATCH LORDS OF THE RINGS RETURN OF THE KING, WHAT AM IN FOR?
>>
Shallie Plus when /v/
>>
>>333319425
I just saw it on the shelf in Oogie Games and remembered it being talked about positively. Never really thought it was part of a trilogy.

Now that I look at the series history, it seems there are A LOT of these games. Are the Dusk games good?
>>
>>333320079
Dusk is okay. I like Arland more but I still like the Dusk games.
>>
>>333320728
Also should I just buy a Vita or something? It seems like all the plus versions are on Vita. Are the plus versions that much better?
>>
>>333319750
Never ever

At least we get Sophie this year.
>>
>>333320954
The plus games are the definitive versions yes. They have all the DLC added and generally have other shit added like endings, dungeons, bug fixes. I'd say play Rorona+ first, see if you like it, then consider getting either a vita or vita tv. I love my vita personally. Vita tv can play Atelier though and it's really cheap now. Biggest problem with Atelier on vita is that it's digital only except for the newest plus game, Escha+ got an LE that has a physical copy. So Shallie+ should get a physical copy when it's localized.
>>
>>333316425
>It's a calm and easy going JRPG.

this is absolute bullshit OP, its an aggravating experience in which everything you do is timed, everyone in the kingdom is useless except for you and you have to min-max for any chance at surviving late encounters
>>
>>333321420
Cool, I'll do that. Thanks. I've got a good feeling about this series. It looks like there's some actual effort put into it.
>>
>>333320954
What the other anon said. But if you're not even sure if you like the games yet, hol' up. Besides the PS3 versions do run better. I bought them all on both systems.
>>
>>333322054
>implying you can't be an ominipotent god of crafting while taking it easy
Most of the requests are for bombs anyway.
>>
>I got this game under recommendation of /v/
Way to lay responsibility on complete strangers, that way if you don't like it then the blame is entirely on literally no one but will cause a shitpost thread as a result.

Straight up learn your shit on your own instead of taking someone's word for it so you can know for sure whether it's your type of game instead of Como here and asking what are you in for even though there's no point in asking since you already bought the game. Come back after you have actually played the damn thing instead of going to the internet and asking complete strangers to validate your purchase.

I hope you end up liking the game anyways, it's always nice to have more people to talk to. I would have waited till golden week though, there's usually a sale on weeb games and so you would probably saved $10-$20.
>>
>>333321420
>shallie + will get a physical copy
Not anymore anon
>>
>>333321202

Never ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTUSNT3CN0
>>
>>333325378
Why wouldn't they do an LE like they did for Escha+?
>>
>>333325657
Shallie's op was devastatingly beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHt7yJqrts
>>
>>333322054
How bad do you have to be at video games for the time limit to actually provide a challenge?
>>
File: no.jpg (20 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
20 KB, 500x329
WHY WON'T MIMI'S FLAGS ACTIVATE IN ATELIER TOTORI? GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, I'M ONLY ON THE SECOND YEAR BUT I'M GOING TO DROP THIS SHIT WITH THE FORCE OF A THOUSAND SUNS UNLESS SHE GODDAMN TELLS ME ABOUT HER STUPID MOTHER.
>>
>>333326180
Some people have bad time management you know.
>>
>>333325782
You should see Sophie's news man
>>
>these fag start with Meruru
At least start with Rorona you plebs
>>
>>333326390
Yeah I know Sophie is digital only on vita, but I still think they'll do a physical LE for Sophie+ when/if it gets translated. Don't see why it wouldn't get released in the west either.
>>
Don't waifu her she is mine.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.