[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every GGXRD tournament I see has nothing but Elphelt, Sin and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: OP.jpg (219 KB, 1304x1066) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
219 KB, 1304x1066
Every GGXRD tournament I see has nothing but Elphelt, Sin and Zato players achieving success. Even online thats what I mostly run into. Elphelt is the worst offender

Why do the people who balance these games, not just GG, let this happen? Is it gonna be the same in Revelator, except with Johnny?
>>
>>333313785
elphelt, sin, and millia are for huge faggots. I have some respect for Zato though because of the execution barrier.
>>
>>333313785
Where my Unga Bunga homies at
>>
>>333313785

>Online Zato
>good

Now I'm gonna have to tell you that is fucking rare.
>>
>>333313785
Elphelt is literally one of the least played characters I have ever seen.
I fight Ram, Potemkins Zatos, Leo's and Venoms more frequently than her.
>>
Uh the only braindead characters in GG are Ky, Sol, and Leo.
>>
>elphelt basic move is an instand hit mid range pistol
i still can't deal with this
>>
you don't watch a lot of GGXrd tournaments then.

>>333318828
are you aware that normals don't do chip damage? and that most 5H normals are pretty long ranged?
>>
>>333313785
This is why you don't watch tournaments with only american players because a good number of them have no confidence and just go by the tiers. Usually Elphelt since she's the easiest to learn and play for top tier. Yet that doesn't stop them from getting their shit kicked in by the actual good players like Dogura, Kazunoko, FAB, Zidane, and countless others. There is a reason why people say "Tiers don't matter in Guilty Gear" and it's not complete bullshit when they say that.

And on a side note, where the fuck are you finding Zato players online? He's top tier, but since he requires effort to play and learn, he is in the far minority more then anything. This is coming from someone who put A LOT of time in Xrd as well.
>>
>>333313785
Every American tournament then?

Because at my own locals there is only one Zato player and one Elph.

And meanwhile in Japan, there are very few high ranked Elph, Sin, Zato and Millias, and you almost never see a Zato that isn't Ogawa.

I guess Japan is so much better at the game than NA because they're not disgusting tier whores like you are.
>>
>>333319856
>I guess Japan is so much better at the game than NA because they're not disgusting tier whores like you are.
Yeah that's why everybody dropped Jam in Revelator. Fact is, Elphelt, Sin, Zato and Millia aren't actually all that easy to play.
>>
>Play Millia
>Understand how blocking works
>Know footsies
>Can do some really basic short combos
>Could do some longer combos if I could successfully do IAD with analogue
>Supposed to setup a heavy ring on knockdown
>Whenever I do they hit me before its even set up or I have to run close to them after the knockdown cos im far away and the ring is made too late
How on earth do they do it? I cant see what I'm doing wrong, is it frame fucking perfect because ive noticed even when i do the input correctly it just ignores what I press.
It's really hurting because I really want to do these longer combos and get the mixups to work correctly because without them Millia loses due to her low health.
>>
>>333320123
They dropped her because she is virtually unplayable, this isn't a matter of tiers, every other character if viable on competitive play, Jam isn't she has no set-play, no okizeme, short range on her normals, low damage... she literally has nothing going for her.

And you still see some rank 20 or higher Jam players on the Mikaido arcade's stream.
>>
>>333320713
>tiers don't matter
>somehow tiers matter for jam
>>
>>333320880
I said its not about tiers didn't I? She is like 1.00 version Potemkin right now, she takes 10 times the amount of work to achieve the same results as a viable character, so not many people will seriously play her until she gets fixed into a viable character like Potemkin was.

And she is still played by some people, she just won't see much tournament success because she is a broken character, she is not working as intended.

Every other character is viable and they are all picked constantly in Japan, except Venom, Chipp and Zato, who are a little too hard to use.
>>
>>333321634
Jam is completely working as intended as of 1.03. She's just bad because Jam players are shitters who never learned how to play neutral and blitz blows up her options for oki that used to be safe. Jam players dropped her because they don't want to relearn the character and game. Potemkin barely improved from 1.00 Sign to 1.1 but Potemkin players learned new combos and setups and now he has 100% combos on the entire cast. Stop making excuses for shitters.
>>
Anyone else not being able to get the goddamn demo on PSN. Shit is pissing me off.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.