[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
So I just recently got this game off of steam. So far I am really really enjoying it actually. I think this game is going to get big. I was just curious what everyone else thought of this game let me know. Add me on steam to play ID:bashfulfire my name will show up as Gibby so just add
>>
>>333311126
launched the rocket a couple days ago. Once the space segment is in and fleshed out i'll hop back in for sure
>>
It's basically Minecraft Tekkit except actually good
It's pretty great but the progression scales could use some tweaking
>>
In case you're the developer of this game trying out a stealth approach -- you would find more success by openly stating that you made it and you want /v/'s opinions.

4chan is extremely jealous of normies at reddit for all the attention they get and everyone is overjoyed when a developer wants to talk to them. Sure you'd get tons of edgetards calling you shit for the sake of it, but also a lot of people who are legitimately curious if the game is any good.
>>
>tfw want to coop Factorio but all of my friends are morons and got Stardew instead because they don't like to think
>>
>>333311592
no sadly I am not lol just curious on what everyone thinks
>>
>>333311745
If you have autism (which you do if you bought Factorio) this game can be hard to coop anyways because it makes you want to be a control freak about everything
>>
>>333311592
>someone talking about video games on /v/
>must be a shill
Fuck off retard
>>
>>333311745
They should feel bad the co-op is so damn fun running multiple base expansions having each friend run a separate base to send resources to the main
>>
File: 1376487486964.png (121 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1376487486964.png
121 KB, 325x325
>>333311924
Yeah, that's what happened with my co-op efforts. My buddy just kinda took over and it was hard and a bit boring to follow all his instructions for how everything should be made.

Felt the same thing when I tried Minecraft to be honest. Everyone's just 100% autism about how things should look and you just end up doing their chores or fucking off someplace else, which in case it's kinda pointless to play MP in the first place. Apparently, they enjoy playing alone, then visiting each other's places to have a look, but that's still not a very good co-op experience.

Anyway, good game, just not really not that suited for co-op as you might think.
>>
>>333312448
The coop is great, your friends arent. Me and my buddy had a blast and there were no design conflicts

we divided the game into jobs, for example we agreed he would start red science when i upgraded out power supply

he did something else while i worked on security, etc

also when you separate things into little modular designs, its easy to combine them with conveyors
>>
>>333312789
Right, but I probably didn't do everything 100% efficiently, which is understandably frustrating for people who love streamlining things (which you must be to enjoy this game)

So I don't blame my friend, but either you both ought to be like really into it, or both not. If you get a mix, you run into my situation.
>>
>>333311343
anon... I have bad news
>>
File: 1459260424562.png (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1459260424562.png
51 KB, 512x512
>>333311745
>tfw I fell for the Stardew Valley meme
>can't refund it at this point and don't have enough money to buy factorio
>>
>>333313103
Maybe, but then again my friend is a little autismo as well. Luckily for us, you can very easily upgrade and optimize your setups. So if there was something he thought was optimized he would just clean it up a bit.
>>
>>333311592
nobody needs to shill for factorio because it's actually a good game
>>
>>333313768
What's fun about it, I'm considering to try it.
>>
Which torrent is not full of viruses and most recent? All of the newest ones looks shady as fuck.
>>
>>333311592
>In case you're the developer of this game trying out a stealth approach

>game develoepr of a good sucessfull game
>visiting /v/

In the last 10 years this happened -2 times

I've only seend some solitary devs that made cheap-ass shit pixel crap or something

The best so far was SUnken dev but honestly that game is crap too
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.