[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trouble In Terrorist Town
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: ttt.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ttt.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
Can we take a second to realize how amazing this game could have been without moderators?

Countless times Ive been kicked for killing obvious Traitors while my score is near perfect; some T is clearly a traitor but they feel like you need direct proof, like only if you saw them shot another dude, in order to get the ok.

The game doesnt need moderators to half-ass decide if someone was unjustly dm'd. It just needs a score system to see if a player is killing too many innocents, and then auto-bans them.

This rant is pathetic because everyone sees this game as dead but I cant handle how the potential just dropped.
>>
play with your friends
problem solved
>>
I was never kicked or very rare for killing a traitor, you doing something wrong mate.
>>
>>333311043
The entire gamemode is literally no fun allowed. You can't do anything as an Innocent other than run around or wait until someone gets killed, and potentially kill the killer. You can't follow people, or you get shot. You can't shoot near/at people without being killed. You can't throw grenades at groups of other people. You can't try and trick people unto. If you accidentally kill someone, more often then not you get reported. If you do any of these things, your karma plummets and you get kicked at a certain point. Not to mention, most people who play it are whiny geeks or kids that lose their shit at rule breaking, or especially if they're RDM'd. It's very hard to find a game with regular people than accept a certain degree of unorthodox gameplay.
>>
>>333312029
I should have added, most people get kicked or some other penality because they kill innocents as an innocent.
>>
>>333312371
thiiiis

You're getting what im saying, the whole gamemode turned into a "mod pls kick this guy he's not following the rules"

The game needs to be more of a free for all, where you get punished gameplay-wise if you kill innocents.

Havoc is essential to the game and most games now are just boring af like you described it in the 2nd sentence.
>>
I had no trouble figuring out who the traitors were without shooting on suspicion. There are dozens of ways to find evidence or narrow down the list. Git gud faggot.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>333312609
Was playing yesterday
killed an innocent and a detective.
Thought the inno happened to kill a bunch of dudes since he was low hP and wasnt answering questions.

Jihad situation, and i just go shooting randomly and kill the detective.
Not punished either time

Kill a T because he wouldnt go into a tester while it was just the last 5 guys on the server and we're wondering why he's injured as well.

Autoslain next round.
>>
>>333312780
I think you just fire at people at random because you think they move around in a suspicious way

that is not proof and therefor you get get kicked of course if you do this and similar things
>>
It would probably be a fun game mode if it wasn't filled with kids who sperg out when you break one of their thousand rules.
>>
>>333312872
thing is I did have evidence, but the mods just hear "he rdm'd me" and autoslain without further thought.
>>
File: 1458406619249.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1458406619249.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
>>333311043
>Cancer if you join big servers full of idiots
>Good fun if you get a dedicated group of people senpai
There is no in between
>>
>>333313179
well its garrys mod and people are dicks when they have their own server and power but if you look for a decent server with them dicks you are fine
>>
>>333313080
Was not random, had great proof based off paying attention throughout the round.
I wouldnt have like a 10:1 Traitor to innocent ratio if it was just random.

Again it's just wasted potential for people who have good gamesense in mindgames
>>
>>333313179
Are you OP? Because it doesn't sound like he did.
>>
>>333311043
got permabanned from the DIG server because one of the clan members kept RDMing and I told an admin.
>>
>>333311043
Just play space station 13.

TTT is just a poor version of it anyway.
>>
>>333311043

The trick was to find a decent server, make friends with the admin and become a moderator yourself.
>>
Man the most fun I've ever had with a video game was hiding in that one bush on the amsterdam map, directly opposite to the police station, with a sniper. Just picking off randoms and hearing them squeal like the 14 year olds they are and desperately trying to figure out who's shooting them. I wasn't even a traitor when i killed them either, but once the round was over then they start shouting because they introduced that killcam bullshit.
>>
>>333314058
It's fun to do this and other things that create general chaos and confusion in the server as Innocent, since there's fuck all to do other than be a sheep, but almost every time I get a warning/slay/kick/ban.
>>
>>333314058
What i actually do is hit people across the map with a non-lethal shot. This way they never find out (or hardly do, not sure if there are damage logs) since they just care about who gets the kill on them.

Doing this starts some havoc and its been the only reason ive been playing recently
>>
All kids care is to get sick jihads as T and if they get killed for being obvious they get buttblasted
>>
>try this mod out for the first time
>figure its all about paranoia and misdirection
>accidentally tag a friendly amongst all the paranoia and misdirection i'm enjoying
>hate-wagoned out of the server by teenage admins
>>
I feel you op. It was a fucking blast as well but what really killed it for me was when they started adding maps with fucking testers in them. What's the fucking point of having the suspense of finding out who it is if you ruin it by having an option like that where you force everyone to go in, shoot whoever doesn't, and win every time.
>>
>>333311043
There's no point playing it unless it's a LAN party. The game just fundamentally sucks with random people.
>>
>>333317543
naw you don't know what you are talking about

if you play on lan with friends you always know when they are traitor after a while
>>
This is one of those games that has an absolute AIDS community full of 12 and 13 year olds because popular Youtubers played it
>>
>>333317968
desu games arent that terrible if the majority of players are kids. What matters is who are in the ones in the admin level. TTT attractive a lot of attention for admins/mods since the demand for fairness was there (since kids cant get good)

Imagine official servers that just had free rules, where score was just the deciding factor
>>
>>333311883
>/v/
>friends
>>
>>333312780
You just described what I think of Space Station 13. Fucking mods ruining the fun for everybody
>>
>>333311883

Fucking this, I play this game with friends on a private server.

We've been playing for like 5 years now, it's fucking amazing.

Pub TTT server are concentrated cancer and I only join them to prop kill and grief
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 2179x1241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 2179x1241
Mods ruin everything.

Even this site.

Fuck them
>>
The worst part of ttt is the people. the game relies too much on people and people are fucking idiots.

Like I'm too scared too shoot anyone incase they aren't the killer and they'll bitch to the admins about being rdmed. And then you have the admins favs who will.go around killing anybody at the slightest provocation

The game needs to be more automated basically so I can just chill out and play without worryING about some nerd freaking out and banning me. It relies too much on player judgement. there's too many gray areas in that game
>>
who wants to fuck around with some random server
>>
>>333322971

It's also best if you have special rules within your private server, all the shit pre teens scream and cry about like grenade tossing and prop killing are fair play on my server.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 862x830) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 862x830
>>333323205
>mfw prop pushing nigger faggots off of the roofs on rooftops

>that autismo rage

Wish I recorded my gameplay
>>
>>333323187
it's a necessary evil
>>
most of the time as an innocent it's a case of just standing around waiting to be shot by the traitor. The innocents need some objectives
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 300x165
>On a custom house map
>Everyone is in the basement while I'm upstairs
>Innocent and bored
>Throw a Molotov down the laundry shoot and wait for voice chat to explore
>frantic yelling and chaos
>One guy is full of shit and says some random guy down there with them threw it
>Detective kills him
>He was the Traitor and had a Jihad

Causing shit in this game was so fun
>>
>tfw prop killing someone so hard their body launches out of bounds
>>
>>333323427
Not really mods here and everywhere else are fucking dumbasses and they're all mini tyrants.

Doesn't help that you have a bunch of literal mongoloids writing rules for sites and servers, where everything is up to vague interpretation and someone's personal morals/emotions/feelings.
>>
Wait hold on.

You mean something Valve related is ruined by the community?

No way. No fucking way dude.
>>
>>333323237

Got an IP? Propkilling has tons of uses as a T, but that got me kicked more often than not
>>
Funny I've been playing this a lot recently, it really does come down to the moderation though. It works best when you have a mod that will slay people for rdm sprees or being a cunt like rdming within the first ten seconds, punishing people for accidentally killing innocents because you're a bit stupid or a T tricked you is retarded.

The most annoying part is what OP says, being punished for using your brain and killing a traitor.
>>
>>333324019

I do, but I'm not gonna give it to you, sorry but it's a private server. You wouldn't get our customs and in jokes.
>>
>>333323649

>Not mastering the art of propkilling to the point where you figure out how to stay off of all damage lists and leave no DNA
>>
>second or so time as detective
>go into the buy menu for the first time
>see the golden gun
>"kills traitors, harmless to innocents!"
>instantly buy it and spin around and shoot the closest person
>they die
>get ceaselessly bitched at for RDMing and get slayed

I have no idea why I got slayed that next round but hell if I didn't bust a gut when the gun worked.
>>
>>333322971

Raggle's server?
>>
>>333324230

That's fair, dog. Posting ips on /v/ has a real possibility of attracting some unwanted shitters
>>
File: 1433114067807.jpg (20 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1433114067807.jpg
20 KB, 392x243
>>333324312
>>
>>333324414

Is that you, Toten?
>>
>>333324230
Whatever you do, do not give your IP of your nice friendly servers to the pure autism that is /v/

Never
ever
play with /v/
>>
>>333324236
this
>>
File: Untitled.png (160 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
160 KB, 392x243
>>333324447
>>
>>333324625

you're the only black guy its' gotta be you
>>
>Pubbing in gmod
The one game with a community worse than any assfaggots, how the fuck can anyone tolerate that?
>>
>>333324664

I don't get what that has to do with anything
>>
>Me and two other guys
>Two guys go into a room
>One guy walks out, no response from other
>Shoot the guy because obvious traitor
>RRRRDDDDMMMM MODS PLEASE
>You have been banned, Reason : RDM

why
>>
>>333324534
could it possibly be worse that playing with literal children?
>>
That's one thing I've always hated about /v/.

>complain about how a game has no good servers
>little faggots come out of the wordwork saying shit like, "ACKSHUALLY MYYYYYY PRIVATE SERVER LIST IS IMMACULATE AND PERFECT WHERE LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE GAME PLAYS OUT WITH NO PETTY SQUABBLES WHATSOEVER, I AM VERY VERY SPECIAL AREN'T I? PAY ATTENTION TO ME I SAID I HAVE A COMPLETE PRIVATE LIST OF SERVERS THAT ARE ALL LEGITIMATELY PERFECT IN EVERY WAY, DON'T YOU WISH YOU WERE AS COOL AS I?"
>oh nice, got an IP? ill try ou-
>"LOL IM NOT GIVING YOU A SINGLE SERVER IP, FIND THEM YOURSELF BUT BELIEVE ME THEY COMPLETELY EXIST, TRUST ME IM IN A GAME RIGHT NOW, ITS SO FULL THAT IM HAVING TO SPECTATE BECAUSE ITS SO FULL OF PERFECT PEOPLE WHO MAKE NO MISTAKES AND EVERY GAME IS ALWAYS PERFECT NO MATTER WHAT AND NO ONE EVER SAYS ANYTHING WRONG, IM AFRAID THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO MY HANDS ARE TIED, ITS JUST SO FULL OF AMAZING PEOPLE" or they disappear suddenly

You lying assholes.
>>
>>333325021

Take your medicine
>>
>>333325021
I wouldn't want someone who spends all day shitposting about the PS4 on /v/ to join my secret server
>>
>>333325181

You are playing a valve game.

There are people who go to /v/ in your magical perfect private super secret server.

You are not the only one.
>>
>>333325021
>HOW DO I GET PAST THE PANDA REEEEEEEEEEEE GIVE ME SAUCE
>>
>>333324976
Far, far worse. Every obnoxious stereotype about /v/ player is true, just check in on a steam friends thread for some of the degeneracy. Expect "hilarious" chat logs of their unfunny shit they spew to their ERP friends plastered all over their profiles, meme spouting to the extreme, anime girls everywhere, gay shit and maximum levels of autism.

Playing with high pitched annoying kids is a dream in comparison
>>
>>333325612

I know the shit past that panda exists though.

All these magical servers people constantly remind everyone of don't exist and they are totally full of it.
>>
>Play this with a friend for a while
>Regardless of if he's a traitor or civilian, he starts giving orders and telling people to do random shit like "I'm gonna shoot each one of you in the leg to test if you're a traitor or not" and other silly bullshit
>People always fuckin do it
>Literally no reason to but they almost always do

I don't get it. He's a fuckin beast at TTT because of it.
>>
>>333325720
Do you believe in private trackers, mong?
>>
>>333325627
The only good experience I had gaming with other people on this site is when I joined in on an /hg/ Warzone queue
>>
>>333324750

>caveman spongebob
>primitive ape
>not being a black

how dense are you
>>
>>333325856
It's not impossible just unlikely, I can EASILY tell /v/ browsers on online servers because they spew the same shit, it's just the exact same stuff everywhere except it's cringey and out of place. Like someone gets killed and they start >implying you aren't an autistic cheater faggot nigger
>>
File: 1429965978984.jpg (148 KB, 938x519) Image search: [Google]
1429965978984.jpg
148 KB, 938x519
>>333312371
>whiny geeks or kids that lose their shit at "rule breaking"
I'm already triggered. Why must anal retentive control freak rulefags exist?
>>
File: 8e3.gif (67 KB, 600x624) Image search: [Google]
8e3.gif
67 KB, 600x624
>join TTT servers with friend or two
>just randomly murder people, and then when questioned have the other friend(s) act like they're an unrelated bystander that agrees, "oh yeah he didn't do anything wrong that guy tried to murder him- it totally wasn't RDM"
>When one of you is a traitor you just read out the whole team and instantly ruin people's traitor rounds
>When given the prompt that you're reported, just type "I didn't do that"
>Almost never get banned

this shit is incredible with multiple people
>>
>>333323518
>That one rooftop map
>Go climb in the highest tower with the big sniper in it
>If traitor snipe people
>If civvie shoot near people who are together
>Easy chaos
>>
>>333325883

It's a common reaction image, stop trying so hard.
>>
This threads make me wish I played with /v/ up until the point where I actually fucking play with you people.

Every game I've ever joined with /v/, be it Gmod, or Halo 2 custom games, or Ace of Spades, or anything else- all you fuckers do is spam maymay arrows and, god forbid there's voice chat, because it's all a bunch of fucking memes. holy shit don't do that please it's fucking annoying.
>>
>>333326236
>Greentexting and 4chan memes outside of 4chan

why do you faggots do this

I understand that shit like r/4chan exist and they think they are comedians for parroting us but there's too many people doing this shit for it to be just them
>>
File: 5.jpg (77 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
77 KB, 600x405
>>333311043
i used to be an admin for a ttt server and holy shit that was horrible
it is literally babysitting: the job

also with almost all servers you can see damagelogs at the end of each round by pressing F8
>>
>>333326821
It isn't even just reddit, it's a large portion of the board. Isn't even just like it's once or twice, their entire way of speaking online is exactly the same as /v/. You'll see it in youtube comments, steam, blog comments, fucking everywhere.

>implying
JUST KEK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
and so on

One time I saw one of you faggots doing that from a story linked in the thread, found all his online accounts including a picture of him in an actual fedora and the thread devolved into making fun of him which was pretty nice.
>>
>>333327379
>JUST KEK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
I despise the way 4chan talks last... 1.5-2 years, I think. Especially since "cucк" and these retarded ebonics were forced. And the way people use the word "meme" everywhere now is simply disgusting.
>>
>>333311043
I have two problems with TTT. The first is a technical problem, the second a problem with the game itself.

Infuriatingly, most custom maps (looking at minecraft,starfish island, and so forth) have no dynamic loading despite not needing all of the map to be visible at once. This wasn't a problem until Gmod 13 disabled all multithreading.I had to do a full reinstall to get it to work again, and maps that once ran extremely well (90 FPS and above on my computer) took massive FPS hits. This is what happens when you try to update an engine that's based on code from the Quake engine.

The other problem I have is that once dead, you really have nothing to do for a little while. This is fine in Counter-Strike, where every round is only a minute or two long, but for a game with 10+ minute rounds, this absolutely kills the pacing. To date, I've only been able to find one server with Spectator Deathmatch, and even though it's an otherwise shitty server, I still play on it.
>>
>>333326419
I've done this, it really is fun. Especially if you really get into the theatrics.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.