[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> want to play this > start up a new character > have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: imgres.jpg (9 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9 KB, 329x153
> want to play this
> start up a new character
> have the time of my life from the beginning of the game up to completing anor londo
>lose every desire to play after that

This happens every fucking time /v/ and I can't explain why. Saying that I love the game up to the completition of Anor londo would be an understatement but after that, I lose all the drive to play.

Am I too casual?
>>
Grow confidence
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (103 KB, 1029x261) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
103 KB, 1029x261
>>333303896
You're not too casual. The /v/ hivemind has just tainted your brain. There is nothing wrong with Duke's or New Londo. ToG is meh and izalith is shit. But after Anor Londo you also have areas like Ash Lake (whether you loved it or hated it the atmosphere was incredible), and the painted world.

Or you're just forcing yourself to play when you actually don't want to. Find a goal to achieve.
>>
>>333303896
I guess you say it because it takes quite a bit more to reach the lord bosses, and also, you've got to revisit some places just to skim them through
>>
>>333303896
I'm pretty sure you just read it gets shit after Anor Londo aon /v/ and convinced yourself that was the case.
It's not 100% as on point afterwards but it's still fucking good and doesn't even take that long
>>
>>333304653
Ash lake is a great place. Well hidden and full of dragon scales. This anon's right even if you don't want to go through the zones opened by placing the lordvessel there's lots to do.

Ever consider being a darkwraith and invading anor londo or sens OP?

Fuck that Hydra tho.
>>
>>333304653
>>333305264
Does anyone actually find Ash Lake without using a guide?
>>
Don't worry op
The development was rushed after anor londo so QUALITY actually declines
>>
>>333304810
This is some next level stupidity
>you only think this way because some random anons said the same thing on a taiwanese basket weaving forum
Dude what
>>
>>333304810
This.
>>
>>333305940
You're actually retarded if you don't see the influence that can have
>>
OP
I was the same way, I think it was the atmosphere of the place.
Same reason I lost all interest in Bloodborne once I stepped foot in the forbidden woods.
Maybe I just love destroyed, crumbling and rotting cities.
>>
>>333305571
Found it by mistake checking for mimics. Couldn't get past the mushrooms in the hollow so I came back after I placed lordvessel
>>
>>333305571
i did on my first playthrough. just having a good time exploring, saw some loot, thought it was too shitty to be actual loot and figured there might be an illusory wall (a concept i was familiar with because i had already been to the catacombs, seen the 2nd bonfire through an opening in a wall, then accessed it by hitting the very out of place wall near patches). Since the plank shield was too shit to be loot, i just started hitting walls. illusory wall, chest with humanity, and a crazy thought: "what if theres ANOTHER illusory wall?"
>>
>>333306016
Are you people really this easily affected?
No fucking wonder most of /v/ is filled with cynical bitter old fucks who say vidya has been long dead
>>
>>333303896
everything gets EZ after Londor
>>
"The 2nd half of Dark souls is bad" is a meme. I'll give you that it is not as good as the first half but it is still great.
Dukes archives is great, new londo ruins are also good, the tomb of giants is scary and unsetting and the demon ruins... well they aren't that bad in general.
>>
File: 1400476469881.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1400476469881.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>
>>333304653
>painted world
There are people who fight pricscilla after drake and Josh?

Jerimiah drops 30k+ souls.
>>
>>333306178
I don't believe a word I read on /v/, but I wouldn't have really thought twice about the drop in quality post Anor Londo if I hadn't seen /v/ bitching about it all the time
I still think it's good, but because i read it on here so many times it definitely changed the way i considered it after playing
Wouldn't take much for someone to read it gets shit, go to Tomb of Giants, get frustrated because it's dark and stop playing, then come back here to perpetuate this shit about the game going downhill after Anor Londo
>>
>>333303896
To me, the game actually starts getting fun after Anor Londo.

Duke's Archives, New Londo and Tomb of the Giants are one of the best locations in the game and you get to warp and fuck around with the weapons.
>>
>>333306731
I agree about Duke's and New Londo, but Tomb of Giants is poo
>>
Dark Souls is one of my favorite games but that is perfectly understandable, the game is horrendously paced. I definitely like DaS better than Demon's, but I'd rather replay Demon's, and I think Bloodborne is the most polished, fully-realized Souls game by far.

On every DaS 1 playthrough I pretty much blow through everything pre-lordvessel, get the lordvessel, do the DLC, and then quit.
>>
Same here. Not that it was bad but I always wanted to try a new build.
>>
>>333303896
LOL I LOEV THIS MEEM
>>
played it for 1 hour, killed the first boss + some guy down in a basement, and it was just so fucking slow? felt like my guy was walking in a swamp all the time, and the combat felt bland.

I should go back to it in prep for ds3, but I'm having so much fun with BB.
>>
>>333307496
Going to Souls games after BB is such a chore, I know how you feel.
I'm replaying the whole series with my friend next weekend and I'm kind of dreading Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls because its just so much slower and clunkier in comparison.
>>
>>333307496
>>333308057
I can easily go back to Souls after bloodborne as long as I play a tank. Playing a hulking, heavy steel killing machine with a fuckhuge weapon and greatshield is still super fun to me because BB doesn't offer that.

Going back and playing any light character in DeS/DaS/DaS II is fucking impossible though, it feels like utter liquid shit after BB. I'll really miss trick weapons in DaS 3 though, they added such a huge amount of depth to every encounter.
>>
It happens to me too. I'm always looking forward to O&S but after that I'm just playing to finish.
>>
>>333306731

New londo ruins is the best area in the game imo
>>
>>333310016
It's a split between Duke's and Painted World for me.

On the other hand, Anor Londo is one of my least favorite locations, honestly. I don't like it mainly because if you fuck up and die, you gotta haul ass for insanely long distances with very few enemies to enounter. It's boring.
>>
File: solar.jpg (96 KB, 900x814) Image search: [Google]
solar.jpg
96 KB, 900x814
>>333310016
Sen's is my favorite. The place just oozes a sense of impending doom as you struggle to live through what it throws at you.

Invasions there are also top notch. There are a lot of things the invaders and invaded can do to trick the other player. It's a fucking funhouse.
>>
>>333311531
Forgot to mention that at that point in the game, people have a build, but don't have it maxed out so fights feel more real than a duel.
>>
>>333311426
the bonfire should have been on the spinny platform
>>
>>333209882
You're not alone. The game got kind of stale after Anor Londo.
>>
>>333303896
go to olacile after anor londo.
>>
Hi guys.

Should I pirate this shit? Or is the "multiplayer" actually worthwhile?

I'd like to buy it, but the cheapest actual box is over $150, and I don't wanna just spend $20 for a fucking steam key.

I have a bunch of random games on my steam account that I guess I could 'trade' for a key if anyone here has a spare - any takers?
>>
Everything after Anor Londo (except AotA and maybe Duke's Archives) is pretty dissapointing
>>
>>333313009
woha for PC is fucking expensive, but on PS3 you can grab a copy for $20
>>
Beating a dead horse with your stupid meme op
>>
>>333313675

no ps3 here, only playing prepare to die edition, only on PC

any advice?
>>
>>333305571
There's always 50 hidden wall messages there
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.