[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you name a single film or opera score that is on par with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 18he8fyfb47bejpg.jpg (40 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18he8fyfb47bejpg.jpg
40 KB, 636x358
Can you name a single film or opera score that is on par with the best video game soundtracks? I don't think you can.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r30D3SW4OVw
>>
>>333293339
Just a rip off of bolero of fire from OOT desu
>>
Interstellar
>>
Most of them. Videogames are pretty much the worse combination of several artforms out there.

Worst graphics/animation (Disney/Pixar), worst stories and music (countless examples in literature and film respectively), etc.

Obviously videogames have gameplay and that's about it. But that's good enough.
>>
The Thing has a great ost.

Kind off on-topic, how is it possible that borne in blood, which is made on a pc by a single dude, is better than the official bloodborne ost?
>>
>>333294330
*worst
>>
LOTR
Star Wars
As for opera I doubt you'll find anyone here who actually knows anything about it, me included
>>
>>333296278
Oh and I'd like to add the good the bad and the ugly
>>
File: 32481946_800_800.jpg (172 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
32481946_800_800.jpg
172 KB, 800x800
>>333292587
I enjoy video game soundtracks, but your ignorance of live action soundtracks isn't an argument.

Amadeus
Touts les Matins du Monde
O Brother Where Art Thou
Inside Llewyn Davis
Moon

Just off the top of my head
>>
>>333294330
Books have fucking terrible gameplay and visuals. They're like shitty VNs.
>>
>>333296149
i used "worse" throughout the post and corrected all of them to "worst" but forgot one
>>
>>333294330
>im posting on A VIDEO GAMES BOARD AND GAMES ARE GAY
>>
>>333293339

pretty nice. actually sounds like something that can be in mario galaxy if it were simplified
>>
>>333296858
no reread the post
>>
>>333292587
Madame Butterfly has pretty dope music.
>>
>>333296556
Awh, that's too bad.
>>
>>333297331
it's still readable so it's ok
>>
>88% white
>60% christian
>4.5% muslim
>Somehow the UK is a muslim country

Can someone explain this meme to me please? Knowyourmeme isn't showing any results.
>>
>>333292587
But Hans Zimmer makes both movie and video game soundtracks
>>
>>333294021
Funny you mention that. It was originally going to be the LoZ theme song, but Nintendo couldn't get the rights to it.
>>
>>333296494
>Touts les Matins du Monde
Please for the love of music recommend me more like this, this is amazing.
>>
>>333297576
Amelie
>>
>>333297576
You'll love renaissance chamber music then, basically. Try more of Jordi Savall and Hesperion XXI's discography, perhaps the most similar is their Ostinato record. Naxos's renaissance recordings are generally fun, look for albums involving Ensemble Unicorn or Ensemble Oni Wytars.
>>
>>333297576
>>333298415
Another thing occurrs to me that's good renaissance music for jumping into are the Cantigas de Santa Maria by Alfonso X.
>>
>>333298415
>>333299006
Thank you so much man
This stuff is so good.
>>
>>333292587
The entirety of Tristan und Isolde. There are plenty more, but one need not go beyond this.
>>
>>333299109
You're welcome. I saw Jordi Savall play in Edmonton last year and he's incredible. Happy to make more fans.
>>
>>333297854
I don't think Amelie sounds much like Tous les Matins but if you like Amelie then the Chocolat soundtrack is also good.
>>
>>333292587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkIAVGlfWk&index=36&list=LLQdZfsgQDwe5Yw05kzvwrPA

>orchestra hero on hard difficulty
>>
Conan the Barbarian OST
most of the Mozart operas
Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2 OST by Kenji Kawai
>>
On this note...what are some GBA/SNES games with really really good soundtrack?
>>
>>333301454
Super castlevania IV
Minish Cap
Donkey Kong Country series
Lady Sia
Earthworm Jim
>>
>>333301454
the SNES has too much great music on it to even bother listing

the GBA had a shitty soundchip and thus good soundtracks on it are more impressive.
>>
>>333292587
People who hype up Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack to me are people who've [rpbab;y never set down and listened to some of the more fantasy works of James Horner, or Jerry Goldsmith, or of course John Williams.

I mean it's definitely pretty good, but you'll hear comparable stuff in plenty of children's film scores.

Though I have to say, I can't stand listening to it on album. Video game soundtracks, especially ones done by an actual orchestra, that include loops and fade outs, are completely insufferable to me. It's the perfect way to kill any momentum in the music. Why anyone would ever arrange their compositions in such a way, let alone have just about every piece on the album do it, is baffling to me.
>>
>>333301773
>[rpbab;y

What the fuck did I do there?

>probably
>>
>>333292587
How about anything Ennio Morricone ever did?
>>
Akira, Drive, Apocalypse Now, Jurrassic Park, Maniac, Brown Bunny (shit movie good ost), TONS of westerns and a whole bunch of other shit.

Vidya sound tracks rely on repetition as everyone plays them at different speeds. Hotline Miami has one of the best vidya soundtracks, but it's a chore to listen to on its own.
>>
>>333301606
>DKC
Oh fugg I have to play this shit. Don't care how shitty the 2.5D looks I'm doing it. DKC Returns the first one on Wii was so fucking good. A masterpiece. And the soundtrack was sooo fucking good.
What are Retro Studios doing now anyways? I don't understand how Nintendo can waste such a talent

Good suggestions ty

>>333301727
Well what's the best then? Like top1 or 3? For both?
>>
>>333302889
>SNES
Megaman X
Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country 2

>GBA
Advance Wars 1/2
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Megaman Battle Network 3
>>
>>333302889
It was made by Rare. Bought by MS. They now make shitty Kinect stuff while their IP's are continued by other studios. Old staff left long ago, now formed playtonic and is making Yooka-Laylee, spiritual successor to Banjo - Kazooie.
>>
>>333292587
>opera score
You're out of your waters, kid.
>>
>>333303481
No no I know all that about Rare yes but DK Country Returns was made by Retro Studios who also made the Metroid Prime saga. I was impressed by how well they managed to revive an old plattformer game, if you haven't played DKCR you really should.
And I was just wondering whatever the fuck happened to them that's all..
>>
File: clarinet.png (737 KB, 728x609) Image search: [Google]
clarinet.png
737 KB, 728x609
Show me a vidya OST better than this, I dare you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jggiq2uXu0
And this is coming from someone who listens to vidya ost on a regular basis.
>>
>>333303916
Aaaaaah okay. It's actually on my list of Wii U games to play after having been on a long ps4 spree. Haven't hears anything about what retro is doing but I'm hoping for a prime 4 announcement soon.
>>
>>333303945
God fucking damn it that intro
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.