[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems that often a single bad game after a history of good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: deletethis.jpg (25 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
25 KB, 250x355
It seems that often a single bad game after a history of good ones marks the end of a franchise. What are some series that stumbled and then recovered?
>>
NOT MGS
>>
rayman
>>
final fantasy
>>
>>333292886
I hope that Final Boy Band will be better than XIII, but come on.
>>
Deux Ex
>>
Splinter Cell. Blacklist was good, but different. Especially good after DA and Conviction.
>>
Tekken
>>
>>333293158
>thinking 13 is the only bad FF
lol
>>
>>333293791
Double Agent PS2 era version was good, it was a completely different game from the 360 era one, more similar to Chaos Theory and developed by that team IIRC.
>>
>>333296237
Yup, but when everyone thinks of DA, they think of next-gen version.
>>
>>333291496
DMC2 wasn't that bad. DmC stumbled and the franches hasn't recoved since.
>>
dark souls
>>
>>333296903
Get out DMC2 apologist.

It's worse than Dick move Capcom
>>
>>333291496
By the looks of it Ghost recon.

Also :
Call of duty
Wolfenstein
>>
>>333296147
No, I think that if you find a pre-XIII FF SO BAD that it "almost ended the franchise" you should find most FF bad with no " recover" point. The quality varied but not that much, and I'm saying that as someone who doesn't like most FFs, even the ones popular in this shithole. But let me laugh, where was this freaking huge quality gap?
>>
>>333296903
No. It's horrible. People saying DmC was worse than DMC2 are exaggerating over Burj Khalifa.
>>
>>333293158
Literally what? He meant FF2 sucked but 3,4,5 so on and so forth were good. Do you think FF13 is the first final fantasy or something?
>>
>>333296903
>DmC stumbled and the franches hasn't recoved since.

Nigga DMC4: SE sold more then DMC both regular and definitve versions alone.

5 has been confirmed by the VA's themselves and everything is in the works and we should expect a teaser any day now.
>>
>>333297732
Fair enough, I always forget about 1,2,3, mostly because I would never touch something worse than the later FF games with also no story to make the crappy battle system bearable.
>>
>>333297798
>then DMC both regular and definitve versions alone.
Nah, but it surely sold more than DE. Source: Capcom.
>>
>>333297732
When people think of something so bad it almost killed the franchise, lots of them think of XIII which isn't remotely true even if it isn't good. Even as bad as XIV was nothing will ever come as close to killing FF as Spirits Within did, even if that's not a game.
>>
>>333291496
Jak and daxter
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.