[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HTC Vive always connected to HTC servers. Serves ads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
WHERE WHERE YOU WHEN VIVE ALSO CONFIRMED BOTNET

>When you use our devices, download and use our applications, or access the Services from your device, we may also log information related to your device and your use of our applications and Services.
>HTC may use your information, including personal information, to:
>- operate and improve our websites, products, Services and marketing;
>- provide you with a personalised and customised experience, content, marketing and recommendations across all our Services
>We may share your personal information as follows:
>- With those who use the information to provide services to us or on our behalf.
>We may use third-party ad service providers to serve ads in our Services. To deliver these ads, third parties automatically collect certain information about you and your devices and your use of the Services.
>Third parties may collect information by using cookies (including Flash Cookies), web beacons, device identifiers or other technologies. These third parties may use information collected about you for their own purposes and those of other third parties to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to understand the usage and visitation to the websites and applications of HTC and others.

https://www.htc.com/ie/terms/privacy/?_ga=1.250064325.218835123.1459804470

THE VR AGE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS
>>
Okay, so what's wrong personalized ads of stuff you would actually be interested in? They'll only share it with their best bros they trust and it'll benefit you. I want everyone to have my info so I can meet new people because how else would that happen? I don't get this overly touchy 'invasion of privacy' meme at all, when we're all sharing that's when we're truly connected. Why are you so afraid to share your information with us?

Everyone loves the brand new HTC Vive that's for sale now and it's in high demand so you better order yours while you still can! My wife and her son love it so I bought them their very own new HTC Vive.
>>
I don't mind this shit, so long I can opt out of it.

... I can't opt out of it can I?

I'll just wait for people to come up with ways to clean VR from interference I guess
>>
>>333291426
literally who cares
>>
File: 1422023000439.png (266 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1422023000439.png
266 KB, 680x583
>>333293903

>All VR is botnet
>"W-W-Who cares!"
>>
>>333294089
Do you have any reasons I should care besides greentext and memes?
>>
>>333291426
Just wait for for the hacks that disable this shit then, simple solution to a simple problem why do you fucks always ignore the most basic of fixes
>>
Why are you faggots so triggered by this shit, literally every company does this. Do you also not have bank accounts? They sell your info all the time.
>>
Jesus thats the same stuff even every TV comes with today
>>
I don't see a problem with it, its not like they are fucking _facebook_
>>
>>333294265
>>333295369
>>333293903
>it's a who cares about privacy meme episode
Up next is the call anyone who cares about privacy a criminal or a tinfoil hat episode
>>
>>333295816
you have to realize we're in the age of 12-20 year olds that are retarded and share literally everything about their lives with the world without hesitation or second thought.
>>
So when is the chinese VR copy headseat going to be released?
>>
>>333292904
nice new copypasta can i save?
>>
File: 1352856562074.png (83 KB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
1352856562074.png
83 KB, 200x190
>>333291426
>THE VR AGE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS

If you didn't see this coming three years ago you're a fucking fool and you deserve this.
>>
doesnt the rift come with a facebook service that does the exact same thing

they're killing their products before their even out
>>
>>333291426
I guess it's up to sony to save VR.
>>
>>333296396
>the only VR that isn't a botnet is tied to the PS4's hardware and it's at 1080p
VR is dead.
>>
personalized ads are different than straight up selling your info
>>
>make technology easily accessible to normalfags and mentally retarded children
>get confused when the corporations start to Jew you out of your own personal experiences and private matters
just the natural progression thanks to capitalism, desu.
>>
>>333296696
How do you think personalized ads even get served to you anyway?
>company X gathers information about users A, B, and C who have different taste
>sell this information to ad agency Y
>Y uses this information to create new ads that target their tastes, without pandering too much to any one specific person
>A, B, and C gain nothing out of it, except for more ads for products that they might not even want or need
>>
>>333291426
>I don't know what a botnet is: The Thread
>>
>>333295816
>literally no reasons, just more green text and memes

As I thought.
>>
>>333296624
You can hope PC sets stop being Jews and botnets, or you can hope Sony's second gen VR improves greatly. One is more likely to happen than the other. There is also talk about headsets on PC having exclusive Games.
>>
>>333297245
The only hope, unfortunately, is that the rumored PS4K turns out to be true, and instead of going full retard with 4K, they stick to 1080p and do better graphics.
I'm just not going to pay $800 to get ads 2 cm from my eyes.
>>
>>333296624
How is it tied to PS4? I'm imagining that some PS4 hackers are gonna find a way to get it working on PC.
>>
>>333291426
>boilerplate tracking cookie privacy policy
Neat

At least it doesn't scan your hard drive like Facebook.
>>
>>333297470
There's rumors that they may allow use with PC to compete directly, but I guess everything will be shown at E3.
>>
>>333295816
Unless you live completely off the grid there's no way that your info won't be used and sold, it's just how things are and I honestly don't understand why it bothers people here so much since it has no effect on your life. Or at least it doesn't have in mine, I never receive junk mail which I guess could be the most annoying thing.

Literally every device out there more advanced than a calculator stores information about you, if you don't like that for some reason then maybe you should move to the woods or something
>>
For fucks sake, are you people aware that his is a basic term in any fucking connected thing, be it hardware or be it software, even the 3DS had the same exact terms
>>
File: sonyadpatent_2-580x472.jpg (52 KB, 580x472) Image search: [Google]
sonyadpatent_2-580x472.jpg
52 KB, 580x472
>>333296396
>>333297375

>PS4
>Thinking its not botnet
>Thinking it won't serve ads
>Thinking it won't spy on you despite requiring a NSA Spycam to function
>>
>>333297656
Honestly, most of those patents never come true.
>>
>>333291426
I'll put a sticker over the camera either way. Even if HTC doesn't track me third party exploits could gain access to it and I don't want to be blackmailed by having my VR device record me masturbating.

I do the same with my laptop already.
>>
>>333297694
The NX one did become true though
>>
>>333297948
It did, but Sony right now depends entirely on the PlayStation division.
They are going to be very careful with upsetting the users.
Or they might go full retard, who knows.
>>
It's up to Nintendo to save VR.
>>
At least it's not closed source like the rift
>>
>>333297170
Because you haven't even justified why invasive ads on a device that costs 900€ (1000€ with shipping) in which you need to pay every piece of software you want to use, is fine.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>333298063
They should just focus on keeping their whole library accessible and not adding even more gimmicks
>>
Enjoy our ads inserted directly into your visual cortex.
>>
>>333298271
Did he say it's fine? He said who cares, he obviously doesn't care about that shit. Reading comprehension?
>>
>>333298271
>invasive ads
Not on the device itself, just across their services, if you decide to use any HTC bundled service instead of just launching the shit from steamVR
>>
>>333297694
That's a joke pic made back then when the oculus was sold to kikebook.
>>
>>333291426
>HTC may use your information, including personal information, to:
Then don't give out your personal informations to HTC.
>>
why isn't this illegal?
>>
>>333301093
Because it makes the right people money.
>>
>>333291426
Fuck if this shit is true,I'm off this ride negros
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.